[Official] World Cup 2018 Discussion Thread - Part 4

Who do you think will win this World Cup 2018?

• France

Votes: 117 51.3%
  • Belgium

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Croatia

Votes: 60 26.3%
  • England

Votes: 28 12.3%

• Total voters

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Lovren: "People say I had a difficult season but I don't agree with that. I took Liverpool to the final of the Champions League and now with my national team we're in the final... I think people should recognize that I am also one of the best defenders in the world and not just talk nonsense."

Liverpool fans must be jin grateful they got one of the best defenders in world football right now...
To play a part in 2 major cup finals, although he might end losing another one, is no easy feat.

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ENG played like sai last night man....after scoring the first goal...they didn't create chances....just lax there and don't get me started on their defence.

don't see any spirit when playing....just contented...second half even worst...their defence down...CRO had so many chances, if not for pickford GG le.

the first ET, I thought CRO was going to seal it with Mandzuki's tap in, luckily pickford kept it away....

ENG gave it away man...
actually they have created enough chances to score more in first half. Someone named after a currency kept screwing up

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i can only give them credit for the first half. i thought they were going to win until second half, which they sit back and start to defend their lead. After croatia equalize, they sort of lost it and it was croatia from then on.

On hindsight, IF they cont to push croatia, croatia might not even have the chance to get back into the game
They didn’t really sit back. They got overrun after Croatia regrouped in 2nd half. They had a couple of counter attack chances

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Lovren: "People say I had a difficult season but I don't agree with that. I took Liverpool to the final of the Champions League and now with my national team we're in the final... I think people should recognize that I am also one of the best defenders in the world and not just talk nonsense."

Liverpool fans must be jin grateful they got one of the best defenders in world football right now...
:s13::s13:

Sent from AKB48 theater using GAGT

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The English players are quite arrogant because they are on big fat contracts at their clubs.No motivation to go one level higher.

No wonder they cant even win anything...
It's rather players playing in EPL had big fat pay checks

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After sunday, how to find meaning in life???

Sent from Spartaaaa using GAGT

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the past 3 editions, world cup final matches could not produce a winner in 90min.

For the past 4 editions, the favourite will go on to win the jules rimet trophy.

Both france and croatia are the last 2 remaining teams that remain unbeaten so far in the tourney.

The croats shd find inspiration from the portuguese whom somehow manage to beat france in euro 2016 finals despite a dominating performance from the french team.

France will be wary of choking in the final hurdle for 2 consecutive major finals.

Moi still support france in final coz of potential golden glove winner in lloris.

COYS!!!!!!

:D:D

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lovren: "People say I had a difficult season but I don't agree with that. I took Liverpool to the final of the Champions League and now with my national team we're in the final... I think people should recognize that I am also one of the best defenders in the world and not

Must ask his teammate Modric to shut him up as he is the only 1 to win cl n get into World Cup final :spin:

ErinaMizuno

Master Member
Reaction score
They didn’t really sit back. They got overrun after Croatia regrouped in 2nd half. They had a couple of counter attack chances

first half they were going up with numbers. second half, only about 2-3 english players were in their turf.

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Reach spore in time for 3rd/4th placing match?

:(:(

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Croatia really good, England no midfield to fight at all, only Henderson is competent...

Alli isn't a centre mid, Dier is a natural defender and RLC isn't playing...

The amount of distance covered by Brozovic Rakitic and Modric was insane... And they played 3 x 120 minutes in a row...

nakedtons

Master Member
Reaction score
Would have favored Croatia to win if not for the fact that they have played 3 consecutive 120 min matches, plus they have one less rest day than France. :(

Only advantage is that Croatia does not need to travel as the final takes place in the same stadium unlike France.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.