Credit Report Grade HH how Sia

MuppeJack

Reaction score
Credit rating score only starts computing after one obtains a credit card from banks right?

Anyone faced problem getting cc from banks because their score is GX (no credit history, and therefore you do not have a credit score available)

kilobytes

Reaction score
Anyone have HH and score 1555 and try to apply for a new card?

Was CX and now HH.. sigh..

Application of CC rejected by few banks before (guess I applied too many in short period) until the last one Citibank, they asked me to provide additional doc - latest 1 mth salary, and it approved!

Anyone know how long does it take to increase the grade toat least BB or CC?¿

superhero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I feel is to use more of your credit cards and always pay on full for at least a year. Your rating should go up.

I have many credit cards and credit lines as well.
Once in awhile , I might forgot to make payment. (it happens.)

I also used my credit lines for personal investments as well. I mean interest free for 6/12 months with a small processing fees, it is quite a waste not to leverage on that.

My monthly spending is about $8k-12k which I spread over the cards.
I know there are many more people who probably spend more that in a single card monthly, but I think this could be one of the contributing factors to my AA/2000 score?

I mean I did miss out on payment before but usually will settle straight away when I got the SMS or reminder letters.

For one of my OCBC and Maybank card which I seldom use, i forgot to call to waive off the annual fees. For 3 months, they keep sending me reminders and charging late fees on TOP of the unpaid annual fees. It came back to quite a substantial sum.

Eventually I got them waived, however it did not affected my CBS record. Very weird. But I was ready to write a letter to the banks to reinstate the records if they did.

Oliver Queen

Reaction score
My credit rating dropped from HH to HZ.

Stupidly took up various loans and student CCs when I was young and gambled and had problems back then to pay off. Went to university overseas and didn’t pay my CC and loan bills and it snowballed like crazy, naturally.

Fast forward to today, my outstanding amount is now at $900 with one bank. Other banks have been paid off.

Recently I received a call from HSBC to apply for a personal loan. The CSO said that if I take a loan with them and pay promptly my credit score will go up. He said the loan can also help to pay off my last $900 outstanding with Citibank. So I applied for their loan online and got rejected immediately. Another CSO then called and said the reason my loan was rejected was captured in their system as “no documents submitted”. He helped me apply for a loan through email and a courier. Am waiting for the outcome now.

Immediately after this I checked my CBR and it was HZ. It was HH 2 days ago....yes I have applied for other loans and CCs few months ago and while they were all rejected, my score still remained at HH.

In any case, once my $900 is paid off, how do I increase my credit score if banks just keep rejecting my applications?

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
My credit rating dropped from HH to HZ.

Stupidly took up various loans and student CCs when I was young and gambled and had problems back then to pay off. Went to university overseas and didn’t pay my CC and loan bills and it snowballed like crazy, naturally.

Fast forward to today, my outstanding amount is now at $900 with one bank. Other banks have been paid off.

Recently I received a call from HSBC to apply for a personal loan. The CSO said that if I take a loan with them and pay promptly my credit score will go up. He said the loan can also help to pay off my last $900 outstanding with Citibank. So I applied for their loan online and got rejected immediately. Another CSO then called and said the reason my loan was rejected was captured in their system as “no documents submitted”. He helped me apply for a loan through email and a courier. Am waiting for the outcome now.

Immediately after this I checked my CBR and it was HZ. It was HH 2 days ago....yes I have applied for other loans and CCs few months ago and while they were all rejected, my score still remained at HH.

In any case, once my $900 is paid off, how do I increase my credit score if banks just keep rejecting my applications?

don't apply any other unsecure credit facility. Won't be approved anyway.

Wait for a year or two.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had problem with a stupid bank before. I screwed them for some issue and they give me bad credit rating. All these stunts they do won’t affect you as long as you have surplus cash, don’t take loan and pay bills on time. Usually ur credit status will be affected if you don’t pay repeatedly (not only once or twice).

Now my credit rating back to AAA. Bank suck thumb also

funnycow

Master Member
Reaction score
try to see if the bank allows you to apply for a secured credit card instead.

with prompt repayment over a period of time, you should see your credit score increase.

SkaterX

Reaction score
I have a debt of 7.5 k on my cashline and the interest keeps piling up and i'm unable to pay a lump sum amount.. the bank doesn't want to let me pay by installments either. So I've been looking around at options to pay off this loan.. but my credit rating is HZ do you think any bank would even let me loan any amount ? I just got rejected for a 7.5k loan by OCBC - but I am thinking this is because my income is't 30k per month that's why it got rejected?

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Does cc spending amount also damage credit score even though bills are fully paid?

cassowary18

Reaction score
Does cc spending amount also damage credit score even though bills are fully paid?

Possibly, if you spend very close to your credit limit. Try to keep your credit utilization ratio (how much you spend vs credit limit) low and it will improve your credit score.

TiedInsurer

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a debt of 7.5 k on my cashline and the interest keeps piling up and i'm unable to pay a lump sum amount.. the bank doesn't want to let me pay by installments either. So I've been looking around at options to pay off this loan.. but my credit rating is HZ do you think any bank would even let me loan any amount ? I just got rejected for a 7.5k loan by OCBC - but I am thinking this is because my income is't 30k per month that's why it got rejected?

Try to get the debt transferred to a different credit facility?
Relevant thread: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...243/best-funds-transfer-rate-now-2996124.html

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Possibly, if you spend very close to your credit limit. Try to keep your credit utilization ratio (how much you spend vs credit limit) low and it will improve your credit score.
If pay bill upfront first then use, meaning not using the credit, does it mean no matter how much is spent, as long as utilization ratio does not increase, credit score wont be affected?

Or the absolute spending amount still affects regardless?

Elson1994

Reaction score
Applied 4 student card last year, spend all limit but lapse the payment for 3 mth. Card got cancelled and banks called and told me to repay a certain amount which was fully paid off. Now credit HH. Any idea how to improve.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.