Malaysia prepaid card

kitkat2

Reaction score
Tron data plan is much more expensive as compared to others. I really wonder why would people even use it??

it's very cool to have permanent malaysian number so that business contacts and friends can reach them. therefore, long validity can safeguard their numbers. they prefer yakking to using data, so when they need data, they don't mind paying more, for sing dollar is ever so strong.

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
it's very cool to have permanent malaysian number so that business contacts and friends can reach them. therefore, long validity can safeguard their numbers. they prefer yakking to using data, so when they need data, they don't mind paying more, for sing dollar is ever so strong.
But then Tron can't access to sms/roaming when in SG..

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Need some umobile credit by tonight. Anyone have? Only need 3rm actually.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which prepaid should I get for 1 visit per every 1-2mths to msia ?

How long will each visit be?
Will you need fast speed or just basic internet like 64kbps?
Just for data (how much daily?) and/or calls/text?
Do you intend to buy-and-throw or keep the same SIM card for every visit?
:s11:

Lampard

Reaction score
Just day trip. Only use for grab and Google map most of the time. Mainly data with with limited calls. Previously I was using Hotlink Fast but it had suspended. Preferred it to have long active period without the hassle of reloading regularly.

kitkat2

Reaction score
Just day trip. Only use for grab and Google map most of the time. Mainly data with with limited calls. Previously I was using Hotlink Fast but it had suspended. Preferred it to have long active period without the hassle of reloading regularly.

telekom's unifi. number stays alive as long as you use it at least once every 90 days. they were giving out free sim cards a while ago. not sure about now. paid data will work on celcom so coverage shouldn't an issue. their data costs more than others, but should be okay if you are a light user.

Lampard

Reaction score
telekom's unifi. number stays alive as long as you use it at least once every 90 days. they were giving out free sim cards a while ago. not sure about now. paid data will work on celcom so coverage shouldn't an issue. their data costs more than others, but should be okay if you are a light user.

Where can I purchase it near city square area ?

kitkat2

Reaction score
Where can I purchase it near city square area ?

kota raya. a short walk away from city square :)

remember to order online first before you go.

485lNHU.jpg

charlxx

Reaction score
Hi, I always go to Jb almost once every week and need data only. Finding a long term prepaid sim card so that i do not have to keep buying new sim. Anyone can introduce to me? Thanks

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, I always go to Jb almost once every week and need data only. Finding a long term prepaid sim card so that i do not have to keep buying new sim. Anyone can introduce to me? Thanks
Go for TRON, 1 year extension per top up (minimum RM10).

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can consider OneXOX, check the link for details and/or google here for more (accurate) information.

(All from memory coz I've not been keeping track of details lately. So, IIRC...)

- SIM pack is RM10 with RM4 or RM5 credit balance inside.
- Reload minimum RM10 within 24 hours and the validity will be extended to 28 months.
- Subscribe to a Happy Hour Season Pass like RM50 for 10GB which can be kept in your Season Pass account for as long as the validity of your card.
- Withdraw 500MB or 1GB monthly (by subscribing to the preferred plan) and you can use this during your weekly trip for that month.

I suggested this to you based on your preference to keep this card for long term, and that your "almost once every week" trips. If 1GB is enough for your total usage for a month, that will cost you only what... RM5.

For OneXOX (only?), the validity period stacks with every top-up. So for example, when you top up RM50 in order to buy a Happy Hour Season Pass, the validity of your card will become 28 months plus 50 days.

There are some related discussions in the past few pages that you can check out too.

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A new SIM card costs RM10, but this month Tron is waiving that RM10 though postage is RM32 for them to courier it to you. If you do it with them, you'll have to pay RM42 and RM10 will be refunded/credited to your SIM card account, and you'll see the validity extended for a year due to this refund.

If you go to that dealer in JB to get the 4G SIM, you'll have to pay RM30 for it. AFAIK, dealers hardly charge RRP for new SIM packs.

Oic. Rm10 promotion is for postage.

Looks like i can do online and mail to sg liao...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.