Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure can. The STB will be connected to your TV via HDMI or composite (red, white and yellow). Most STB do not have hard disk but have USB port. Just get a Seagate or WD USB drive and you can record in HD format.

oh, most stb has no hdd inside? if that is the case then no point getting it coz if need to connect external usb hdd, i can do that with my tv as well which was what i did previously.

thanks for the quick reply, guess i will make a trip to Courts or BD and check those STBs out.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe the local there have trouble tuning to their own FTA channels. This YT user in Kluang, JB compared the signal strength (SS) vs signal quality (SQ) of both SG and MY, their SQ is very bad.

Based on the comments, the user combined multiple antennas together and install the antenna on a 4m pole.

Check out the antenna that he is using

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on the comments, the user combined multiple antennas together and install the antenna on a 4m pole.

Check out the antenna that he is using

This is nothing compared to those living in Muar, their antenna is mounted on a 80ft high pole. Mediacorp Tuesday Report got an episode on this, watch it here if interested.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
This is nothing compared to those living in Muar, their antenna is mounted on a 80ft high pole. Mediacorp Tuesday Report got an episode on this, watch it here if interested.

Thanks for sharing :s12:

If we can also install our own antenna like this...MY and Indon channels are all within reach :);)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe the local there have trouble tuning to their own FTA channels. This YT user in Kluang, JB compared the signal strength (SS) vs signal quality (SQ) of both SG and MY, their SQ is very bad.

Something wrong with his findings .

The signal strength has no meaning because he has install RF amp for his antenna.

Many singapore users are getting good SQ for malaysia channels.

This is one of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYE-8Jb-i4g&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Something wrong with his findings .

The signal strength has no meaning because he has install RF amp for his antenna.

Many singapore users are getting good SQ for malaysia channels.

This is one of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYE-8Jb-i4g&feature=youtu.be

I believed what this YT user is trying to point out that given the distance from SG, he/she can still get good signal reception from SG as compared to their local broadcaster. It is such an irony!

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Draco HDT2-7700 receiver able to playback video recorded by it on computer? If so, which video player used?

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just a hunch... once the analog signal is gone. They will a hard getting the digital signal even with a DVB-t2 set-top box. Digital signal is weaker.

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PVR feature is a standard feature found in STB nowadays and with EPG, scheduling recording time slot is easy. I have done testing on the K2/K3 STB before.

anyone knows whether the draco box has any copyright-protection for PVR recording?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believed what this YT user is trying to point out that given the distance from SG, he/she can still get good signal reception from SG as compared to their local broadcaster. It is such an irony!

His antenna is highly directional and is pointing at singapore, so he is able to receive well.

If he employed a omni antenna for the local reception, his local reception might be better.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just a hunch... once the analog signal is gone. They will a hard getting the digital signal even with a DVB-t2 set-top box. Digital signal is weaker.

imda/mediacorp transmit dvb t2 signal using 2 types of transmitters
- a central high power transmitter at bt batok for island-wide outdoor reception
- many micro transmitters placed in house estates to generate sufficient coverage for indoor reception.

If the people there have the antenna able to receive CNA in the past, they should be able to receiver digital tv from singapore, and the picture quality should be better.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the reply I received from Skycom Satellite regarding playback on computer with Draco HDT2-7700 recorded video:

You have to play back from our STB only, because mediacorp has program protection so unable to play back from other devices than our STB.

dwpang

Reaction score
hi guys i bought a new LG tv for my new flat but the tv is far from the tv access point. I would prefer not to lay an ugly wire to the point and i just hope to receive the normal tv channels for my parents to watch. Appreciate any advice.

petetherock

Reaction score
hi guys i bought a new LG tv for my new flat but the tv is far from the tv access point. I would prefer not to lay an ugly wire to the point and i just hope to receive the normal tv channels for my parents to watch. Appreciate any advice.

That access point will be dead year end, read about DTV from the first few posts. All you need is to add an indoor antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.