Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adt007

Reaction score
So they will know if you borrow from more than 1?

If u notice, everytime u ask for a loan, they will check and reply you about 30mins-1 hour for approval. they use this time to check the system (both license and unlicensed) for your records.

only when u are lucky manage to find one who has no links to those ah long you owe, then ya loan will be approve.

even if you find an ah long who has links, he may still give you loan (small loan, less than $300) some of their thinking is "I don't care you last time run how many ah long, as long as your loan with me swee swee."

in my case, since I cheated about 2-3 ah long (by letting them use my atm card then I took away all the money in the bank) I don't dare to look for ah long to take loan anymore. dunno who is who out there.

Lifemistake

Reaction score
A week plus already. So far flood my phone with WhatsApp, call NOK, call company, and just today, send love letter to my house.

Hope everything is okay for your side. Let's hope they stop harassing and moved on. Since they went up to your house, can the police catch the runner then?

lesnar88

Reaction score
Chu still gambling?

Yes hardcore.
Spanish, Korean, German, US league, EPL, world cup. Now into horse racing

He will work but all earnings go to gambling. Banks and licensed moneylenders have already blacklisted him so now he can only turn to UML.

I have to live with him. I really donno how? Its been 10 years ongoing. I'm kinda at my wits end already.

Any advice?

Last edited:

khunjuno

Reaction score
Hope everything is okay for your side. Let's hope they stop harassing and moved on. Since they went up to your house, can the police catch the runner then?

They will check CCTV to establish identify of the messenger. From then on, up to the police to apprehend the suspect

elevator123

Suspended
Reaction score
Is it possible to give them my ATM card after that when inside a lot money then change password and take all the money

khunjuno

Reaction score
Is it possible to give them my ATM card after that when inside a lot money then change password and take all the money

Nowadays they will ask for ibanking token together with the ATM card to log into your bank account, so they will monitor regularly and won't keep a lot of money inside.

In any case, it's bad enough with the harassment we get when we pay and don't pay them. You really want to pull this kind of stunt with them be prepared to really kena damn jia lat. Plus, if you pass them your ATM card, you are an accessory to the crime already, likelihood they will anonymously report you to the police and then you will kena from both the police and the ah long. Worth it? doubt so.

elevator123

Suspended
Reaction score
Nowadays they will ask for ibanking token together with the ATM card to log into your bank account, so they will monitor regularly and won't keep a lot of money inside.

In any case, it's bad enough with the harassment we get when we pay and don't pay them. You really want to pull this kind of stunt with them be prepared to really kena damn jia lat. Plus, if you pass them your ATM card, you are an accessory to the crime already, likelihood they will anonymously report you to the police and then you will kena from both the police and the ah long. Worth it? doubt so.

wah ah long so clever now already.

Adt007

Reaction score

Yes.

But first, you are not staying at the residential address on your IC and the personal details in your bank account.

Second, set email reminder when there's transaction worth more than $1000.

Third, monitor the time when there are these transaction. Eg... if everyday there are more than $1000 transaction at around 4pm

Fourth, by 3pm go down to bank to close your account and withdraw all cash out.

If you want even more money, do it on the day after you receive your payment ($500-$800 market rate) from the ah long for using your atm card and ibanking.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Yes.

But first, you are not staying at the residential address on your IC and the personal details in your bank account.

Second, set email reminder when there's transaction worth more than $1000.

Third, monitor the time when there are these transaction. Eg... if everyday there are more than $1000 transaction at around 4pm

Fourth, by 3pm go down to bank to close your account and withdraw all cash out.

If you want even more money, do it on the day after you receive your payment ($500-$800 market rate) from the ah long for using your atm card and ibanking.

Do they tell you when you should expect the money or you just follow their instructions as and when?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Yes hardcore.
Spanish, Korean, German, US league, EPL, world cup. Now into horse racing

He will work but all earnings go to gambling. Banks and licensed moneylenders have already blacklisted him so now he can only turn to UML.

I have to live with him. I really donno how? Its been 10 years ongoing. I'm kinda at my wits end already.

Any advice?

Same la..seriously NVR help a gambler or else is NVR ending keep his money..ask him go counselling..not easy to quit the habit..I am still going tru counselling session

tkcashon

Reaction score
I share some experience dealing with them and quite similar to many others. Cos of gambling, borrow for al. At first abt 2 of them. But have difficulties repaying so borrow more and in no time, borrow from more than 10 and some of them is 2 loans.

First problem arises when two of the al turned out to be a scam. Long story short, cos of the two of them, got splashed paint. Since another kena from them, decided to run away from the rest. Next week or so were sheer torture. Phone ring, msg and whatsapp all non stop. A few of them started calling office. Luckily, had pluck out the courage to inform supervisor and hr abt the situation and they were sort of prepared for it. This period, further grattifi on the corridor, at least 3 times. Letters, either slip below the door or by mail quite a few.

Apparently, for those al that you had repay more than your loan through deferrment, they are more willing to let you go since they have already recover their capital. But this is not hard rule.

Brought him for counselling for his gambling habits and seems to work. Hopefully wont return to his old path

Peacemaker999

Reaction score
It's been 5 days I block AL, but today bomb my phone non stop, may I know how long this will last. BTW I own about 3k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.