2 different median income published, which is real?

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
household member and full time employed resident very different what..

some families the wife not working, so it makes sense

also children and grandparents.... this sort of question, if think a little bit, he can answer by himself, no need to ask.....

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the previous answer wasn’t that correct. Coz they take the average of household member that are working to do the calculation.
So what is your opinion on this?

If the first one includes part timer and contract worker, then it makes more sense.
Second one should be on full time basis.

also children and grandparents.... this sort of question, if think a little bit, he can answer by himself, no need to ask.....

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the first one take into account people that are not working as well?

So 4300 is actually a better median?

They are different lah!

S$2699 is median household income (could be income from 2 or more people in the household working) / number of household members.

S$4232 is for full time employed resident is for 1 individual for "Median Gross Monthly Income From Work (Including Employer CPF Contributions) of Full-Time Employed Residents".
So that means the S$4232 is = total annual pay (including employer CPF contributions) divided by 12 months, and include employer CPF contributions, all bonuses (including 13th month pay and may be 1 or 2 months extra bonus pay), and over-time pay too?

In the past, they will show gross median pay before employer CPF contributions, but now they don't show anymore. Still, you can calculate yourself to exclude CPF contributions (since these money are all lock up in CPF and can't be spent for daily expenses).

So, actual median basic monthly pay excluding employer CPF contributions will likely be = ((4232*12) / 15) / 1.17 = S$2893 p.m.!

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the previous answer wasn’t that correct. Coz they take the average of household member that are working to do the calculation.
So what is your opinion on this?

If the first one includes part timer and contract worker, then it makes more sense.
Second one should be on full time basis.

alr said household member liao.. ownself go add the boded part then ask y diff.

household member means anyone in a household. a 3 yo kid is a household member. a 90 yo grandma is a household member.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alr said household member liao.. ownself go add the boded part then ask y diff.

household member means anyone in a household. a 3 yo kid is a household member. a 90 yo grandma is a household member.

cannot ask for fun? :D i stupid can?

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fool, silly, stupid or question my professionalism, they are just some name callings. Sometimes people do ask questions that may appear simple on surface. How many people actually question the rationale of this thread is actually to raise a question why is there a need to have 2 different incomes? And why the lower ones are normally used to represent income level in Singapore instead of the later one? :)

If silly can be rich, who doesn't want. But no fool :s13:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually the higher income is a better representation of income level in Singapore, I just wonder why the income level that went on paper is the lower income, but not the higher income.

That's why I called you silly in the other thread. :D

But not bad what. Can be silly but rich.

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score
Fool, silly, stupid or question my professionalism, they are just some name callings. Sometimes people do ask questions that may appear simple on surface. How many people actually question the rationale of this thread is actually to raise a question why is there a need to have 2 different incomes? And why the lower ones are normally used to represent income level in Singapore instead of the later one? :)

Then get to the point in the first post and in the thread title. What is the purpose of 'pretending' that u can't tell the diff between the two (which I believe u really can't when u started the thread) and throwing out misleading information along the way. Then wait until page two then act sophisticated that u r raising awareness

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? Initially I really dunno, that’s why I ask.

It is okay. I understand why you react this way.

Then get to the point in the first post and in the thread title. What is the purpose of 'pretending' that u can't tell the diff between the two (which I believe u really can't when u started the thread) and throwing out misleading information along the way. Then wait until page two then act sophisticated that u r raising awareness

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many people actually question the rationale of this thread is actually to raise a question why is there a need to have 2 different incomes? And why the lower ones are normally used to represent income level in Singapore instead of the later one? :)

Don't bluff and divert the topic.

Both incomes are real and valid.

When you compare, just make sure you compare the same type. Don't compare median income with median household income.

If you want to compare different jobs, you don't use household income.

When government is distributing goodies, they usually use household income.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? What is the need for me to bluff? You are naive to think that I scared to make mistakes. :)

I just feel weird coz the mom data wasn’t on the paper.

Anyway, again the same, I understand why you react this way when I make a mistake. Haha.

Don't bluff and divert the topic.

Both incomes are real and valid.

When you compare, just make sure you compare the same type. Don't compare median income with median household income.

If you want to compare different jobs, you don't use household income.

When government is distributing goodies, they usually use household income.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.