November 2017 SBF

william lek

Reaction score
What is the impact or consequences if we take grant from HDB when we want to sell our existing HDB and buy new HDB or EC ?

Do we need to pay back with interest to HDB ? Any restriction for buying a new house in future because we take the grant ?

haogui

Reaction score
Payback with interest to "Your own OA". Not HDB.
One concern you might need to aware is cpf have a limitation to use your cpf for housing in your whole life. The limit is normally more than enough for 1st hdb but may have issue in 2nd.

What is the impact or consequences if we take grant from HDB when we want to sell our existing HDB and buy new HDB or EC ?

Do we need to pay back with interest to HDB ? Any restriction for buying a new house in future because we take the grant ?

Amex^1234

Reaction score
just to update to you all.. i've gotten my appointment date for keys collection next week 24july. Very sure my CRM super efficient.(given that i did not call her, only send her 3 emails which i didnt get reply also) From selection till collection only 1mth+1week.

Amex^1234

Reaction score
ERIN.. your vinyl quote not wrong.. mine was quote 600sq ft because i got do a very big storage platform bed for master room.. my ID say no point he lay vinyl below my platform bed.. giv who see? next time if i remove the platform the vinyl also will hurt dao le, so for what i waste extra money.

semblady123

Reaction score
Wowwwww congrats
That’s nice
Did u have any grant? When was ur flat booking date? Thanks
Sorry lazy to scroll below :(

U got sms alert first or status updated online or got email or hardcopy letter for ur key collection ?

just to update to you all.. i've gotten my appointment date for keys collection next week 24july. Very sure my CRM super efficient.(given that i did not call her, only send her 3 emails which i didnt get reply also) From selection till collection only 1mth+1week.

heybuddy

Reaction score

Omg so fast!!! They sent u the date today? Sunday?!

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Wowwwww congrats
That’s nice
Did u have any grant? When was ur flat booking date? Thanks
Sorry lazy to scroll below :(

U got sms alert first or status updated online or got email or hardcopy letter for ur key collection ?

I have SHG.. no AHG. Booked on 18june. Yup received sms for collection date today on a Sunday. Then ask me login to myhdb print the agreement etc lo

Monday21

Reaction score

Waah congrats!! One month plus one week is really fast!

Erinlmh

Reaction score
How is your experience with bank loan? Considering it but not too sure which one is the best option.

Mine is with HSBC. We borrowed 285K for current house. They will deduct from CPF OA. At first only deduct $900 every month, then slowly increase to now $1050 every month. I didn't monitor my account closely. When they don't have enough to deduct from my CPF to cover the interest, they will deduct from my saving account (HSBC) then slowly my saving account become 0. I was so shocked. Cos mine is a 3 years lock period. After 3 years, it will be certain % plus market interest rate. I have never taken HDB loan before. If not wrong is 2.6% right? I fine taking loan with HDB is more stable.

Erinlmh

Reaction score

This is my 1st time taking grant. In fact 1st timer apply HDB flat. Heard when you apply new flat from HDB the 2nd time, you will have to "payback" whereas HDB will impose a levy on you. Rates are as follows

First Subsidised Housing Type

Resale Levy Amount Households Single Grant recipients

2-room flat $15,000 $7,500

3-room flat $30,000 $15,000

4-room flat $40,000 $20,000

5-room flat $45,000 $22,500

Executive flat $50,000 $25,000

Executive Condominium $55,000 Not applicable

Above is for flat sold after 3 March 2006

Erinlmh

Reaction score

Wow..... your application like taking rocket like dat. Congrats. :s12: Mine this morning still show the same. Think my CRM not happy because I appeal my case again. Never mind... I will wait and wait.... since my unit not ready yet :s13::s13:

zidmosby

Reaction score

Congrats, happy news for you to start the week!

Erinlmh

Reaction score
ERIN.. your vinyl quote not wrong.. mine was quote 600sq ft because i got do a very big storage platform bed for master room.. my ID say no point he lay vinyl below my platform bed.. giv who see? next time if i remove the platform the vinyl also will hurt dao le, so for what i waste extra money.

He gave me a very detailed calculation after I sent him the floor plan. Total come up to 730 sft. I waiting to see MP tonight then decide later to use vinyl or tiles. :s13:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Appreciate your reply and sharing. I’m hesitated whether to take grant. Some said is free money.

Just take cos you can never predict whether will be apply for another new HDB flat or not. Just like now, open market resale flat, some are cheaper than HDB new flat. If not because of the grant, I won't apply for new flat too. Need to wait and wait and wait

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.