iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

Reaction score
Omega 3 is an excellent choice for anyone thinking of starting supplements.

Do you know that the gelatine used in capsules are usually Bovine (Beef) or Porcine (Pork)? If you observe Religious restrictions, then you could consider Omega 3 capsules made of Fish Gelatine.

https://sg.iherb.com/pr/California-...mium-Fish-Oil-100-Fish-Gelatin-Softgels/62118 is Halal and the cheapest Omega 3 in its class. Right now, if you order any supplement, you can buy this at Bundled price of an additional US$2 discount which makes this a very good buy!!

Look at the tab, Omega 3 Capsules in this excel file for for the price value comparison: GET319.xls. Use this excel file template to do your own comparison & the best buy you can get.

Happy hunting!

Cheerio!

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/California-...mium-Fish-Oil-100-Fish-Gelatin-Softgels/62118 is Halal and the cheapest Omega 3 in its class. Right now, if you order any supplement, you can buy this at Bundled price of an additional US$2 discount which makes this a very good buy!!

this one cheap and good??? :s11:

I think this one only cost S$8.90 in qoo10(local store)... maybe will buy 1 bottle to try out...

Nothing else to buy from iherb, so shipping is expensive... :(

Tyrhung

Reaction score
Normally for fish oil or krill oil, I buy those ifos/ikos certified.

I think this one only cost S$8.90 in qoo10(local store)... maybe will buy 1 bottle to try out...

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

Reaction score

This is the best buy if you need a omega 3 that uses fish based gelatin.
Look at the excel file, this product comes with a Certificate of Analysis which verifies the quality you would expect of an Omega 3.

If you are not bound by religious restriction, then the gelatin soft gel Omega 3 would be cheaper! I prefer the high concentration Omega 3 (600mg of EPA+DHA) Look at the excel file for the best value buy.

Normally for fish oil or krill oil, I buy those ifos/ikos certified.

IFOS certification are not commonly found for the popular brands sold on iHerb. Check out the list of reviews by EDF, Labdoor & CoA for Omega 3 in the excel file.

The excel file for for Omega 3 Capsules price value comparison: GET319.xls.

Happy hunting!

Cheerio!

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the best buy if you need a omega 3 that uses fish based gelatin.
Look at the excel file, this product comes with a Certificate of Analysis which verifies the quality you would expect of an Omega 3.

If you are not bound by religious restriction, then the gelatin soft gel Omega 3 would be cheaper! I prefer the high concentration Omega 3 (600mg of EPA+DHA) Look at the excel file for the best value buy.

your chart still up to date???
many increased their prices already but your chart still much lower in price...

now foods 180/120 200 softgels one ok to buy???
wanna try out cheaper and lower concentration one first....

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

Reaction score
your chart still up to date???
many increased their prices already but your chart still much lower in price...

now foods 180/120 200 softgels one ok to buy???
wanna try out cheaper and lower concentration one first....

The prices have gone up and yes, the Omega 3 prices are up to date.
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/now-foods-omega-3-200-softgels/323
The Omega 3 (EPA+DHA) cost US16c per 1000mg

Spend a little more & go for the higher concentration 600mg Omega 3 (EPA+DHA). 600mg Omega 3 per capsule means the fish oil has to undergo an additional pass of distillation to achieve a higher potency. Higher purity also means less likelihood of oxidation.

BTW, higher potency may not necessarily mean it is more expensive. Check out the price value comparison tables in this excel file: GET319.xls & you'll find that the Best Value 600mg actually cost a fraction lower than the regular 300mg. So, yes, get a higher potency Omega 3, ie 600mg DHA+EPA per 1000mg capsule.

puteh83

Reaction score
Omega 3 is an excellent choice for anyone thinking of starting supplements.

Do you know that the gelatine used in capsules are usually Bovine (Beef) or Porcine (Pork)? If you observe Religious restrictions, then you could consider Omega 3 capsules made of Fish Gelatine.

Look at the tab, Omega 3 Capsules in this excel file for for the price value comparison: GET319.xls. Use this excel file template to do your own comparison & the best buy you can get.

Happy hunting!

Cheerio!

This contains soy? The ingredients didn't specified.

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The prices have gone up and yes, the Omega 3 prices are up to date.
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/now-foods-omega-3-200-softgels/323
The Omega 3 (EPA+DHA) cost US16c per 1000mg

Spend a little more & go for the higher concentration 600mg Omega 3 (EPA+DHA). 600mg Omega 3 per capsule means the fish oil has to undergo an additional pass of distillation to achieve a higher potency. Higher purity also means less likelihood of oxidation.

BTW, higher potency may not necessarily mean it is more expensive. Check out the price value comparison tables in this excel file: GET319.xls & you'll find that the Best Value 600mg actually cost a fraction lower than the regular 300mg. So, yes, get a higher potency Omega 3, ie 600mg DHA+EPA per 1000mg capsule.

Oh, your chart is in USD....

Anyway, have bought the now foods 180/120 200 softgels one from qoo10 yesterday before you posted.....
New to fish oil, so buy a bit try out first...
Can last for 3 months is good enough, next time then see how....

Best value Jarrow Formulas 600 is 240 gels, 1 per day, needs 8 months to finish.... by then also don't know still fresh or not....

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

Reaction score
This contains soy? The ingredients didn't specified.

If it is not mentioned, then you can safely say there is none.

The US is quite particular about the safety of their food prodts, eg nuts, because they cannot afford a bad publicity.

puteh83

Reaction score
If it is not mentioned, then you can safely say there is none.

The US is quite particular about the safety of their food prodts, eg nuts, because they cannot afford a bad publicity.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

Reaction score
Oh, your chart is in USD....

Best value Jarrow Formulas 600 is 240 gels, 1 per day, needs 8 months to finish.... by then also don't know still fresh or not....

USD because exchange rate always fluctuates.

I recommend you keep the Omega 3 in the fridge after opening. Our tropical weather is not friendly to Omega 3.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brands of the week! Up to 15% OFF

OJDJRJy.png

I have only tried ProLab's caffeine, so can't make any recommendations this week. But if you're looking for a quick pick me up, you can definitely consider it! It's a budget pre-workout :s13:

Diet and weight products - up to 10% OFF

sdietbanner0711en-us.jpg

TBH guys, the best way to lose weight is to fix your diet. Supplements and "miracle" foods are just distractions. Work on eating right and moving more and you will definitely see more improvements. Plus it's most probably cheaper :)
Need help getting started? Check out my quick guide here:
https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/2016/06/11/fitness-guide/

Hydration Special - up to 10% OFF

shydrbanner0711en-us.jpg

Some good brands on discount! Scivation, AllMAx and Nuun. I have filtered the brands here:
https://iherb.co/2mwxDvp7

My personal favorite flavour for Scivation is Mango :D

Clearance

MusclePharm Natural, Pre-Workout, Natural Energy, Fresh Cut Watermelon, 0.77 lbs (348 g)

@ SGD29.50, it's currently cheaper than nutrifirst and GNC.

Not sure if it can be stacked with this promo:
d3sportbanner0622r1en-us.jpg

Musclepharm 20% till end dec 2018

Grenade, Defend BCAA, Strawberry Mango, 13.76 oz (390 g)
^ This comes with a funnel! Very useful when you are stuck using small mouth water bottles.

Last edited:

thisisnotme1212

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let me share with you why this is not the best multivit to buy.

Multivits tend to megadose and some ingredients could be just too massive for many folks.

1) Nature's Way, Alive! Once Daily, Men's Multi-Vitamin is a one tablet a day which means you cannot customise your supplement to yr needs, unlike Opt Nutrition which is 3 tabs & Orange T which is 6 tabs per serving.

2) it O/D on some vits which may do you more harm than good:
Vit A 150% & Vit E 400%
http://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/1...top-wasting-money-vitamin-mineral-supplements
Folic Acid at 100% can also be problematic
http://www.nature.com/articles/pcan201416

3) it contains stuff that is not quite bioavailable like Zinc Oxide. A better subs would be zinc picolinate etc

4) It contains pretty poor quality ingredient like sulfate forms which I would avoid, like copper sulfate & manganese sulfate. There are better alternatives like copper gluconate, Cu glycinate, chelate etc
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/toxic-ingredient/cupric-sulfate
It has also high qty of Selenium selenate
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/toxic-ingredient/sodium-selenate

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I just feel that you can get better brands that have better quality stuff, more variety of ingredients & cost even lower.

Earlier I mentioned in #1 , Opt Nutrition & Orange T. I am not recommending these because they are still not the best value for money.

Look at the tab, Multivits I Avoid in this excel file for useful notes & comparison: GET319.xls. Click on the links in that tab to get a good idea what to avoid. Happy hunting!

Cheerio!

which multivitamin chiu recommends then?
moi going to buy some chia seeds, need to make up the lumbers to get free shipping.
moi still have fish oils in stock.
anything else worth buying? :(

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

Reaction score
which multivitamin chiu recommends then?
moi going to buy some chia seeds, need to make up the lumbers to get free shipping.
moi still have fish oils in stock.
anything else worth buying? :(

Why do you even want to take multivitamin? Is it because you are eating erratically & junk food often?
You dont need a multivit if you are eating wholesome varied compete meaLs regularly.

Chia seeds as an added condiments to your breakfast cerals or drinks is a good idea. Some people put it in their gravy like curry.

Take your anti-inflammatory Omega 3 Fish oils regularly.

Consider getting Magnesium. It is not found widely in our diet so a good supplement is always useful.

My favorite choice is Mg Citrate. Click on the "Magnesium" tab in this excel file for price value comparison: GET319.xls Use that page & compare with your fav brands.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brands of the week! Up to 15% Off

Y99NXCr.png

Check out the blender bottle! Can use it to mix other stuff sides drinks, for example pancake mix. Very very convenient and easy to clean :)

I am personally a fan of BSN AminoX. I can not recommend the Dr. Amino Flavour though.. find it a bit weird. Think it's supposed to be Dr Pepper.

Creatine Special

screabanner0718en-us.jpg

Please do not waste money on capsules and loading! Buy the bulk powder instead. It may be cheaper to buy from Fitlion or a local online store.

Personally I find no difference between the types of creatine. I just use the cheapest and most research-backed variant - Creatine Mono

Here's a great article on how creatine and how to use it;
https://www.bornfitness.com/creatine/

Sun Care Special

ssunnbanner0718en-us.jpg

Where my 90 kids at?!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of '99
Wear Sunscreen
If I could offer you only one tip for the future,
Sunscreen would be it
The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists
whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience...
I will dispense this advice now..

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can u actually feel the effects of taking it?

Some people are non-responders to creatine and I heard some people felt a decrease in energy level once they stop taking it.

Some ppl do get adverse effects from creatine - insomnia. I'm one of them.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can u actually feel the effects of taking it?

Some people are non-responders to creatine and I heard some people felt a decrease in energy level once they stop taking it.

I don't 'feel' anything, but I do notice a drop in performance if I cycle off creatine for too long. All in all, creatine do have other health benefits and has strong evidence that it helps with performance :) Trust science not feelings :D
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5469049/

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Current promo code: SIXTYLC one time 5% on top of your existing referral (friend) code.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.