Who is getting the pencil

tec_geek

Reaction score
How often do u change the tip? Batt life good?

Have been using the Apple Pencil on a regular basis for the past 10 months for taking down notes during lectures.

There wouldn’t be very obvious blunt or wearing off from the Pencil tip, but you will feel like there is more drag when writing on the iPad - which is what I am experiencing it now.

In the Apple Pencil packaging comes with an extra tip and a female-female lightning connector for you to charge it with a lightning cable.

The battery is able to last me for about 5-6 hours of continuous usage (during lectures). If the battery is low, just plug it in your iPad (or your iPhone) for 5-10 minutes, and it can last for another 2-3 more hours.

nicepal

Reaction score
Just bought Apple Pencil from Apple store today
Would like to ask around if anyone here using Apple Pencil without screen/ glass protector on?
I did not apply any glass/ screen protector on my iPad Pro.

Wondering if it does cause any scratches or issue with iPad Pro anti reflective coating, I can only find very limited info on these

TIA!

I have a ipad pro 10.5 since last Oct? Forgotten when i last bought it.. lolx.

No screen protection as well. Bought the Apple Pencil together with the Apple Pro, together with the Smart Keyboard.

Thoght I didn’t use the AP daily or whenever I use my ipadpro, I am sure the tip will wear off in some regular use basis. If not, they would not have given a spare tip when you buy a new AP and also selling them as accessory.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a ipad pro 10.5 since last Oct? Forgotten when i last bought it.. lolx.

No screen protection as well. Bought the Apple Pencil together with the Apple Pro, together with the Smart Keyboard.

Thoght I didn’t use the AP daily or whenever I use my ipadpro, I am sure the tip will wear off in some regular use basis. If not, they would not have given a spare tip when you buy a new AP and also selling them as accessory.

But the tip won't wear off unless you use it regularly on a daily basis over several months. My pencil also isn't regularly used unless I've notes to take which is not every day too, so I expected the tip to last a long time.

By the time it does wear out, maybe got new pencil out which is rumoured to be out together with the new Pros later part of this year.

gizmo666

Reaction score
Wanted to test out the pencil over at Challenger Vivocity... got Pencil, but no power... End up walked away without buying any...

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to test out the pencil over at Challenger Vivocity... got Pencil, but no power... End up walked away without buying any...

It only takes 15s to charge 30mins worth of battery power for the pencil with any of the ipad lightning socket(not adapter). You can't find any there or just ask for any staff before you walk away ? :)

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It only takes 15s to charge 30mins worth of battery power for the pencil with any of the ipad lightning socket(not adapter). You can't find any there or just ask for any staff before you walk away ? :)

Also agree on that. The pencil’s battery is very small and charging it to full even from 0% is very quick.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
So it’s ok to keep it connected for extended periods of time, as and when just plug it in to charge.
keep it connected? it will be sticking out like .. lol ...

i only charge it when i see below 40% ... but hardly use it sia ..

office all windows ..

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
keep it connected? it will be sticking out like .. lol ...

i only charge it when i see below 40% ... but hardly use it sia ..

office all windows ..

No lah, that’s not what I meant. Sticking out is when you’re charging it, keeping it connected means you can stow away your pencil but keep it connected via BT. :D

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
No lah, that’s not what I meant. Sticking out is when you’re charging it, keeping it connected means you can stow away your pencil but keep it connected via BT. :D
haha paiseh, misunderstood your initial post.

wats the usage case for you?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha paiseh, misunderstood your initial post.

wats the usage case for you?

I’ll occasionally use the pencil for notes taking via Notability. Sometimes I don’t connect it if I’m not going to use it for an extended period of time.

I remembered once I didn’t use the pencil for more than two days, then my iPad prompted me that the pencil only have 5% batt left. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.