 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Dingding6

Reaction score
Managed to use it yesterday from my journey to the east.

I've noticed something when I'm using Google Pay. It takes the machine time to toggle between different modes before going to detect bank cards. How do I know this, on Android devices it will vibrate when it is being scanned or sent the signal to the reader. It vibrates twice before the gate detecting the bank card all this within a second or a second half.

As far as I know, there are 3 kinds of cards being supported, one being the bank card the other two is CEPAS and the phasing out EZ-Link. So the latency of scanning is highly likely due to this switching.

Secondly, when you register your card with ABT on Mobile, it takes time for it to propagate your account across different terminals and services. MRT gates are via LAN and should be the fastest and the busses only do so around the Bus terminals where they have a WiFi network to sync various of things between the busses local database to the servers. (I can't elaborate on this..Potentially P&C)

I guess that could probably be the reason my watch sometimes show payment completed but no respond on the reader....

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we all face this similar prob that's why after using a few weeks, we all stop using it already.
and after so many weeks still no improvement.

I have no problem previously until I signed out of my iCloud and had to re-add a new Apple Pay virtual device number.

chinnian

Reaction score
Any of you heard any updates on this program? It's July 2018 already, and they are supposed to extend ABT to VISA in June. No word yet on where this is heading.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Any of you heard any updates on this program? It's July 2018 already, and they are supposed to extend ABT to VISA in June. No word yet on where this is heading.

A little bird told me soon. They just got to iron out a few more things and the Trial with Visa will start!

shadilol

Reaction score
I have received a call from ABT customer service.
They have confirmed that only Apple Watch Series 2 and above support Transitlink ABT.

i.e. Series 0 and Series 1 are not supported.

huh? im using series 1 and it works fine

Slavor

Reaction score
I was using it a few months back on a series 0 watch. Granted, it wasn't very smooth but it mostly worked.

I have received a call from ABT customer service.
They have confirmed that only Apple Watch Series 2 and above support Transitlink ABT.

i.e. Series 0 and Series 1 are not supported.

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like not much people using to pay via applepay from what I see... all still using card

Slavor

Reaction score
I would love to just use my phone or watch but right now it's too unstable. Singaporeans are very unforgiving when it comes to being slow at the gantry

Seems like not much people using to pay via applepay from what I see... all still using card

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
I would love to just use my phone or watch but right now it's too unstable. Singaporeans are very unforgiving when it comes to being slow at the gantry

slower a bit by half or 1 sec still ok.
the problem is not slow but always giving red light for no reason. and once u got red light, u will always get red light randomly and difficult to recover.

tec_geek

Reaction score
I think for now if we are using Apple Pay, I guess it is better or recommended to use the gantries that are at the sides, so if we encounter any issues, we can shift away from the crowd and not to hog (so we will not get ‘tsk’)

Then go try again after exiting and going back into the Wallet app.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

u mean bus/mrt or retail?
for retail, i always see ppl at ntuc self checkout or mcd, taking out a CONTACTLESS credit card and slot in the reader, then wait n wait n wait for long time. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.