Christianity is 'literally dying in Europe'

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spotlight_plakat1.jpg

"widespread and systemic child sex abuse in the Boston area by numerous Roman Catholic priests"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotlight_(film)

If anyone is interested in Christianity, Moi recommend to watch U tube movies titled ‘Christianity in the first Millenia’ to understand moi’s point of view.

The persecution wasn’t from the Jesus’s apostle but from the Roman Emperor.

The suicide cult is perpetrated by the cult leader, inaccurate analogy is being put forward here.

Last edited:

tfkmueh

Banned
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in Christianity, Moi recommend to watch U tube movies titled ‘Christianity in the first Millenia’ to understand moi’s point of view.

The persecution wasn’t from the Jesus’s apostle but from the Roman Emperor.

The suicide cult is perpetrated by the cult leader, inaccurate analogy is being put forward here.

what talking u, pls debate properly and put up ur own opinion.

christians are labeled a cult by the roman empire and thus prosecuted, its only during the waning era of roman empire that it become a tool to placate the masses.

iirc during the east and west roman empire.

religions, same as cults, are group of pple who subcribe to an ideology.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to say that you were actually against evolution. But I could infer it from your preferential treatment of Jesus's revival over evolution despite how equally uncertain both can be since both uses primarily historical evidence and it is not something that is observable within our lifetime.

Of course evolution is a scientific theory and no one scientific theory is absolutely accurate to the dot. Scientific theories will change if the previous versions of the theory can't account for some of our observations.

Anyway, still, do have a good weekend.

As mentioned previously, it is with certainty, attested by believers and non-believers alike - not just one - on the resurrection. If it were figurative, historians would have debunked it already. This is why Christians are certain because there is good reason to.

If there are other accounts of a different religion, then we should be just as critical of the evidence provided to see if they stand the test of historical reliability compared to the Gospels. Haven't seen that so far.

eggy

Reaction score
Human beings fool themselves very easily too.

You mean like convincing themselves there is a God when there has never been any evidence of it's existence? Or fooling themselves to thinking there is a heaven or hell or that anything actually happens after they die?

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean like convincing themselves there is a God when there has never been any evidence of it's existence? Or fooling themselves to thinking there is a heaven or hell or that anything actually happens after they die?

No, I did not say that. Do you believe that all human beings convince themselves that there is a God?

Also you haven't addressed our previous discussion. Is it because you fooled yourself into believing that it is the more moral option to "play Russian roulette with your loved one" as opposed to sexual abstinence?

eggy

Reaction score
No, I did not say that. Do you believe that all human beings convince themselves that there is a God?

Also you haven't addressed our previous discussion. Is it because you fooled yourself into believing that it is the more moral option to "play Russian roulette with your loved one" as opposed to sexual abstinence?

1st point, I believe it's part of the human condition that has the need to worship some higher entity, perhaps it's a manifestation of the fear of the unknown (death being one part of this) and this leads to deluding ourselves there is some such higher being or entity.

But of course, believing in something no matter how much it means to how many people still doesn't make it real.

2nd point, the moral option is to recognize that people have a choice and IMO the right thing to do is educate people on these choices and help them make informed decisions.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st point, I believe it's part of the human condition that has the need to worship some higher entity, perhaps it's a manifestation of the fear of the unknown (death being one part of this) and this leads to deluding ourselves there is some such higher being or entity.

But of course, believing in something no matter how much it means to how many people still doesn't make it real.

If you accept that belief on the part of human condition, is it possible that there is good reason for belief (not just in God) instead of mere delusion?

2nd point, the moral option is to recognize that people have a choice and IMO the right thing to do is educate people on these choices and help them make informed decisions.

That is not what you said. I quote,

-truncated-
Or how about the actions of the Catholic church in Africa for example:

https://www.salon.com/2015/11/30/catholic_dogmas_are_killing_people_in_africa/

How can we hope to derive morality from a religion like this if fundamentally their teachings and actions are clearly immoral.

Your point was that the teachings and actions of Church are immoral! Not that it is not giving people a choice or educating them (which is what it does anyway).

I'd like to hear your answer to the question please. "Is playing Russian roulette with your loved one the more moral option here after all?".

eggy

Reaction score
If you accept that belief on the part of human condition, is it possible that there is good reason for belief (not just in God) instead of mere delusion?

That is not what you said. I quote,

Your point was that the teachings and actions of Church are immoral! Not that it is not giving people a choice or educating them (which is what it does anyway).

I'd like to hear your answer to the question please. "Is playing Russian roulette with your loved one the more moral option here after all?".

What I'm refering to is the fundamental tenet of the new testimont which is one of human sacrifice and that one person can bare the sins of all others which IMO is immoral.

As for contraception vs abstinance, why does it have to be Russian roulette? People have various choices of protection and of practicing safe sex but the main point is that it's been shown that giving people such choices via education and awareness of contraception is still the best way and not to try and preach against the use or worse try and ban or delcare their use as somehow immoral or unchristian

Last edited:

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What I'm refering to is the fundamental tenet of the new testimont which is one of human sacrifice and that one person can bare the sins of all others which IMO is immoral.

As for contraception vs abstinance, why does it have to be Russian roulette? People have various choices of protection and of practicing safe sex but the main point is that it's been shown that giving people such choices via education and awareness of contraception is still the best way and not to try and preach against the use or worse try and ban or delcare their use as somehow immoral.

What you seem to be doing is "running all over the place" and not being able to settle down and answer a simple question.

I find your sincerity lacking in this discussion and so I shall excuse myself. It would be good if you took some time to understand the faith (internet at your disposal) before making statements.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My dad sent me this today. Very relevant to the times the west is facing.

b1fe83a0_ad2e_470e_924a_f6ddba79c402.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.