Old iPad usage

Jlyong0008

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering what can be done with old iPads to give them a new lease of life apart from selling them?

I have a 3rd gen iPad (the last one using the 30 pin connector). Already out of dateb(iOS stuck at 9.3), limited memory (10gb available) and busted speaker (thanks to my mum's marathon YouTube sessions).

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You may consider getting one of those HDMI dongle, and use it like an Apple TV. But I have to say the HDMI dongle is not cheap, plus the 3rd gen iPad type may not be readily available now since it is still using the old fat connector.

Jlyong0008

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Seems like there isn't much option available. Scared the battery will bloat after prolonged charging.

rvyne7

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Seems like there isn't much option available. Scared the battery will bloat after prolonged charging.

:p for older using original non-fast apple charger I wouln't worry about that... I had many times done that in the past never encounter issues on my iphones and ipad.

only encounter this issue on my mother iphone se before she over charge using samsung original fast charger.

newer iPhone and iPad Pro model already support fast charging so It shouldn't be an issue anymore (I even use my MBP usb-c charger on my iPhone X without any issue)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.