Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adt007

Reaction score
I just dont know how to remove the paints on the floor. Its damn tough and damn ugly. Thats the only thing I'm living with it for 9 years liao.

Use thinner and scrapper, slowly scrap off the paint. but if the corridor floor a lot of small little holes then more harder work

25chic

Reaction score
They will definitely move on. They cant keep harassing on one target. I give it 3 - 6 months for them to stop harassing?

Its just that you have to live with the guilt/shame/sometimes fear they will come back again. The scariest part about harassment is not the calls/sms/love letters. Its not even the locking of gate. That one can just call SCDF they will break for you.

Its the splashing of paint and graffiti on the wall. Until now there is some residue of paint outside my house on the floor. The graffiti some AL will write super duper big. You call town council to re-paint white then you will see different shades of white on the wall lol. Then your whole level residents, CNY relatives come confirm know. You just have to wait for elections, vote for PAP, pray they do some HDB upgrading works and repaint the whole estate. Then it becomes clean again. If not you live with the ugly walls everyday.

I just dont know how to remove the paints on the floor. Its damn tough and damn ugly. Thats the only thing I'm living with it for 9 years liao.

Yes agree with you. The pain is so so thick and damn tough to remove. Especially those on the floor. As for graffiti, yes will need to check all lifts & lift landings. However, I'm afraid if they were to fire to my unit in the middle of the night. That's my biggest fear.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Yes agree with you. The pain is so so thick and damn tough to remove. Especially those on the floor. As for graffiti, yes will need to check all lifts & lift landings. However, I'm afraid if they were to fire to my unit in the middle of the night. That's my biggest fear.
Get a fire extinguisher HDB door mostly fire proof..

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
i just know that my helper has given her friend a photo of her work permit to send money home. Now it makes me worry more as her friend could be using her work permit to borrow money too. Made another police report and gave the details of her friend to the police. The LS have been calling my relatives too and impersonating as some government official. Got a visit from one of them as well asking us to serve notice of payment.
God knows where they get the contact from when my helper said she has never given anyone the contact number of my relative.
This is really really stressing me out. I can feel my heart thumping every time I hear the door bell rings.

Most loanshark don't dare to ring yr door bell..only license one will visit u

fairre

Reaction score

They don't dare to burn your house, the ah long runner also part time only.
Have you make police report ?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
They will definitely move on. They cant keep harassing on one target. I give it 3 - 6 months for them to stop harassing?

Its just that you have to live with the guilt/shame/sometimes fear they will come back again. The scariest part about harassment is not the calls/sms/love letters. Its not even the locking of gate. That one can just call SCDF they will break for you.

Its the splashing of paint and graffiti on the wall. Until now there is some residue of paint outside my house on the floor. The graffiti some AL will write super duper big. You call town council to re-paint white then you will see different shades of white on the wall lol. Then your whole level residents, CNY relatives come confirm know. You just have to wait for elections, vote for PAP, pray they do some HDB upgrading works and repaint the whole estate. Then it becomes clean again. If not you live with the ugly walls everyday.

Not necessary some ah loan will harass u whenever they think of u...

lesnar88

Reaction score

They wont set fire liao. Its damn rare. Unless you very guai lan/xia lan to the AL and you borrow freaking alot.

Peacemaker999

Reaction score
Nowadays the Al not so scary than 5-10 years back AL.I predict 2-3 weeks of harassment, and will stop from my past experience. Unless u own them quite a lots or didn't pay them at all, or u **** them and challenge them. Just ignore and block them, everything will go back to normal less than a month

lesnar88

Reaction score
Freaking a lot? Like 10k?

I'm not the LS so I really dont know. It depends on their mood also. Just dont go provoke them and lie low. You must see their pattern of harassment.

Cos if you owe $10k, the LS must send the runners down a lot of times to do the dirty job to try to recover the money from you.

Each paint job/graffiti/set fire, the LS must pay the runner to do it or if the runner is also a debtor and desperate, he will just do lor. So if the runner keep coming to harass you, and the LS dont get a single cent from you, then its not worth it.

But now different case. The LS can send Mcdelivery to you lol.

fairre

Reaction score
Nowadays the Al not so scary than 5-10 years back AL.I predict 2-3 weeks of harassment, and will stop from my past experience. Unless u own them quite a lots or didn't pay them at all, or u **** them and challenge them. Just ignore and block them, everything will go back to normal less than a month

I read from the news, AL runner go make Police report because of unpaid salary by AL.

h ttps://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20180526-862202

Ghie0908

Reaction score

I agree with that, the shame and guilt are something not very easy for us to shrug off. Also the fear that when you see suspicious looking person, you get this paranoia that its you or your house he is targeting. That would take a while to overcome. I also get up in the wee hours, open my door, take a look around the corridor. Not easy.

My LS stopped after a week, maybe I am just lucky or he is not yet done.

Meanwhile, I have my life to focus on and regrets to ponder but hey life must go on, LS or no LS. We cannot live with fear and shame every time.

Sharuu

Reaction score
I'm thinking of reporting loss ic, delete everything in my hp. If they strike my house, I will maintain I lost IC and dunno anything. Will the police buy it? Will my bank accounts be checked? I did a few payments via ibanking unfortunately.

Why would you need to lie to the police? Making a false statement is an offenc. What TF is the matter with you?

Sharuu

Reaction score
they strike your house, you can only clean up lol. you dont even know when they will strike. the paint is not pastel paint, its industrial paint. so its very heavy duty.

just prepare to do some push ups, thinner, scrub, town council number (in case they write graffiti upstairs downstairs, so do a thorough check on all lift lobby and staircase landings)

the least you can do if the LS call, you just say someone stole your IC and borrow? im not sure what others here would think.

the police will check and investigate your bank account.
if they know got some funny transactions they will close the account.
cos you dont want the LS to suddenly transfer money to your account then say you owe them

Police can't close your bank account la. Police have no authority on individual bank accounts and honestly, they have no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.