Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Whatever your reason for being involved with LS is not important. No judgment here. We are only in this forum because we all been through these things. Based on my personal experience, changing handphone number, blocking them from my NOK's phone, closing my bank account really help. The more u see the whatsapp messages, the more it add to your stress. We all need clear minds to deal with this. I deactivated my social media accounts temporarily. And lastly, keep telling myself that all of these will pass. Just be strong. Take care.

I dunno, man...I been judging the whole time. It's fun. Lol.

MAKE POLICE REPORT, CLOSE BANK ACCOUNT, BLOCK THE NUMBERS AND STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS.

MrAppleCrumble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree with that, the shame and guilt are something not very easy for us to shrug off. Also the fear that when you see suspicious looking person, you get this paranoia that its you or your house he is targeting. That would take a while to overcome. I also get up in the wee hours, open my door, take a look around the corridor. Not easy.

My LS stopped after a week, maybe I am just lucky or he is not yet done.

Meanwhile, I have my life to focus on and regrets to ponder but hey life must go on, LS or no LS. We cannot live with fear and shame every time.

You run your loanshark ? If not why scared. If you have paid up should be okay mah

Sharuu

Reaction score
i just know that my helper has given her friend a photo of her work permit to send money home. Now it makes me worry more as her friend could be using her work permit to borrow money too. Made another police report and gave the details of her friend to the police. The LS have been calling my relatives too and impersonating as some government official. Got a visit from one of them as well asking us to serve notice of payment.
God knows where they get the contact from when my helper said she has never given anyone the contact number of my relative.
This is really really stressing me out. I can feel my heart thumping every time I hear the door bell rings.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scammers-impersonating-government-officials-to-obtain-singpass-9136264

Not necessarily LS.

ppclip

Reaction score
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scammers-impersonating-government-officials-to-obtain-singpass-9136264

Not necessarily LS.

OMG... i thought I kena one ****, now i have to be stressed cause she gave the permit to another friend. May have more ****. damned

Nas1978

Reaction score
Nowadays the Al not so scary than 5-10 years back AL.I predict 2-3 weeks of harassment, and will stop from my past experience. Unless u own them quite a lots or didn't pay them at all, or u **** them and challenge them. Just ignore and block them, everything will go back to normal less than a month

My LS still harrasing me since MAY till. Now.. Last payment was $200 and IO advised not to continue.

ppclip

Reaction score
Why would you need to lie to the police? Making a false statement is an offenc. What TF is the matter with you?

Please don't make false statement, it is an offence. Cause after making the statement, we have to sign every page of the statement to endorse that it is correct.

Peacemaker999

Reaction score
My LS still harrasing me since MAY till. Now.. Last payment was $200 and IO advised not to continue.

Bro, I really suspicious why left $200 payment u dun clear it. Maybe your AL very desperate $200,or very hardcore types chase u till like this.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Bro, I really suspicious why left $200 payment u dun clear it. Maybe your AL very desperate $200,or very hardcore types chase u till like this.

Because over here, we DON'T FUND CRIMINALS. They're not desperate for the money, they're annoyed about something. The pranks are relatively harmless.

Peacemaker999

Reaction score
Because over here, we DON'T FUND CRIMINALS. They're not desperate for the money, they're annoyed about something. The pranks are relatively harmless.
It's not about fund criminal, I think many bro, sis if left 1 last payment $200,I think all will just pay back. But many bro or sis is in the same situation as me got few loans, and no ability to pay anymore.that why we stop paying AL.

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
It's not about fund criminal, I think many bro, sis if left 1 last payment $200,I think all will just pay back. But many bro or sis is in the same situation as me got few loans, and no ability to pay anymore.that why we stop paying AL.

The thing is, it’s not the last payment. Quite a few of us here have made, “last payment”, “payment to clear loan” or whatever you want to call it. But these assholes will come up with lame excuses and say that we haven’t finished paying. Even though we’ve already paid many times over.

These CxxTS are scammers who just want to extort as much as they can. So like everyone has been saying “JUST STOP PAYING!”. Take the harassment and move on. There’s no other way.

Sharuu

Reaction score

No. You don't understand. It is 100% about funding criminals. There is no such thing as "paying back". The more you give them money and the longer this gets dragged out, the more you will have to "pay back". Bottom line is STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS.

Ghie0908

Reaction score
You run your loanshark ? If not why scared. If you have paid up should be okay mah

Paid up 3x the principal amount. Its under deferment scheme. I run my LS, yes because i no longer have the capability to pay deferment. Should i do otherwise? I am scared of course and i dont think I am the only one in this forum that feel that way.

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
Paid up 3x the principal amount. Its under deferment scheme. I run my LS, yes because i no longer have the capability to pay deferment. Should i do otherwise? I am scared of course and i dont think I am the only one in this forum that feel that way.

Yeah, same as you bro. There’s no such thing as pay finish. Those of us who’ve been paying are like fools. I don’t think we run AL at all, already paid them so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.