November 2017 SBF

LynR52

Reaction score
Wow, 2 room rental with 5 kids?!? i got a 2 room rental under my name before i remarried.. moved in with hb and 2 kids after we got married.. we moved out 2 days later.. the unit next door always blast music and sing karaoke!! so unlucky to pick that unit :(

Same! My nxt door neighbour also every weekends 8am start singing karaoke already. But i got used to it already lah. But her husband 1 day came back home drunk n start shouting n banging on my door. Saying tht my son loud crying he cannot sleep. I didnt open the door of course! But now my son 3yrs old didnt cry anymore lah. My house usually very quiet. My son autistic n didnt like loud sound. So even when we talk..hv to lower our tone. Else it will trigger him.

Last edited:

LynR52

Reaction score
Same CRM here.... Call her lots of time then she will start to get agitated... I was very aggressive initially but was told off cos i kept calling lol. no choice just play with group mail and hotline....

I emailed my crm this morning also...then i CC Marine parade Grc and CC Mr Goh also. I dun care lah if she wants to be annoyed or not. I more annoyed. When i applied for HLE they asked me for many docs which i dont have. Want my divorced cert,court order. I burnt tht cert 10yrs ago already. Then want credit bureau report.. 1yr bank statement, completion of sale... i go up n down court n hdb to retrieve my divorce documents and previous house sales docs back, reprint my bank statement still hv to pay some more. Do so many things just to get HLE approval then suddenly go selection tell me cannot pay balance using HLE. Wahh not funny already. Appeal to let me use my HLE to pay for balance still wants me to give them documented proof of wat i spent. My poor husband 1st time buying house, wanting to take hdb loan 34k also very hard bcuz of my past. Its been more than 1 mth since i made the appeal still cannot tell me approve or not. My HLE expiring in Aug... i think they want to wait until my HLE expired then tell me my appeal is approved and cn pay balance using HLE. Sigh

I will explode if i have to reapply HLE again.

Last edited:

Roy_yl2711

Reaction score
My flat selection end of June...
Key collection on start of Aug..
W/o Grant and appealed for early key collection..

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Eh but mine also resale flat. During selection the officer told me during signing lease must pay levy 20k

Oh. My officer didn't say anything about it. From what I know, unless we buy new unit from HDB and sell it. When we buy new HDB flat for the 2nd time, we will need to pay the levy. I didn't know there's a resales levy

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Fernvale. Dun want to say which blk lah...bcuz sengkang 3 room all ppl select liao. After tht incident...me and my husband blacklist tht unit.l lol

My aunt and a friend of mine staying at Fernvale. I staying at Rivervale, near th Rivervale Plaza. Good thing that you went up and take a look at the unit and didn't chose it

Erinlmh

Reaction score
I emailed my crm this morning also...then i CC Marine parade Grc and CC Mr Goh also. I dun care lah if she wants to be annoyed or not. I more annoyed. When i applied for HLE they asked me for many docs which i dont have. Want my divorced cert,court order. I burnt tht cert 10yrs ago already. Then want credit bureau report.. 1yr bank statement, completion of sale... i go up n down court n hdb to retrieve my divorce documents and previous house sales docs back, reprint my bank statement still hv to pay some more. Do so many things just to get HLE approval then suddenly go selection tell me cannot pay balance using HLE. Wahh not funny already. Appeal to let me use my HLE to pay for balance still wants me to give them documented proof of wat i spent. My poor husband 1st time buying house, wanting to take hdb loan 34k also very hard bcuz of my past. Its been more than 1 mth since i made the appeal still cannot tell me approve or not. My HLE expiring in Aug... i think they want to wait until my HLE expired then tell me my appeal is approved and cn pay balance using HLE. Sigh

Can understand how you feel. I also encounter problem when applying for HLE. Ask for my husband CRB report, bank statement, etc.... I write big big font and converted into PDF, tell them we do not have such documents. If have any issue, just call me.

Have you ever thought of applying bank loan instead for your case? Some bank loan is kinda low.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Good Morning Everybody. I went to see the MP yesterday. I met up with Mr Chong who is in-charge of our area. He told the volunteer to write the letter and he mentioned that he will sign for it. He don't understand why couldn't HDB approve my appeal too. Anyway, he said he will help. Hopefully can get approval.

The volunteer told me that in case cannot get approval, I can tell the HDB to do floor screeding. The whole house lay with vinyl flooring. Which means I will only pay for the cost for the vinyl flooring which is about $3 per sqf. He did that for his 5 room HDB in Sengkang which cost him $3k plus only.

Monday21

Reaction score

I understand you. When HDB first told me that i was a second timer and we are only eligible for half grant, i feel like crying cos it was sort of unfair for my husband who is a first timer. We were really depending on the grant amount to cover whatever we lack... Almost wanted to back out during selection cos CSO keep emphasizing. "HALF GRANT.... NOT ENOUGH... FORK OUT CASH... 20K....."

Nur.Azie

Reaction score
Wah so nice. Congrats!! Which area did you apply? Mine is Semb.

My selection 5th June, grant credited to CPF 29th June. But still no news to sign lease agreement & collect keys :(

My flat selection end of June...
Key collection on start of Aug..
W/o Grant and appealed for early key collection..

Monday21

Reaction score
Good Morning Everybody. I went to see the MP yesterday. I met up with Mr Chong who is in-charge of our area. He told the volunteer to write the letter and he mentioned that he will sign for it. He don't understand why couldn't HDB approve my appeal too. Anyway, he said he will help. Hopefully can get approval.

The volunteer told me that in case cannot get approval, I can tell the HDB to do floor screeding. The whole house lay with vinyl flooring. Which means I will only pay for the cost for the vinyl flooring which is about $3 per sqf. He did that for his 5 room HDB in Sengkang which cost him $3k plus only.

How long have your unit been ready?

zidmosby

Reaction score

My selection 5th June, grant credited to CPF 29th June. But still no news to sign lease agreement & collect keys :(

When you login to hdb page, it is still blank under the sign of agreement appointment? I think you should be able to call and check with the CSO on when you can expect keys to be issued. That's what the CSO told me that after grant approval, can call in and get estimated month.

Roy_yl2711

Reaction score

Did u appeal for early key collection?
My area is Punggol and is completed ready to move in flat..
Maybe I no take grant that why faster?

zidmosby

Reaction score
For my side, bathrooms and kitchen floorings are done by HDB, cannot chose. This also includes the bathroom fixtures.

I was actually trying to find out more info on this but not much luck. Some couples blogged saying that it was compulsory and cannot hack for 3 years. Made me wonder how couples renovated their bathroom to make it nicer if its compulsory and cannot change for 3 years.

Found a helpful link after digging through past forums: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...l-may-2017-sbf-5620593-104.html#post110501570

Last edited:

Amex^1234

Reaction score
When you login to hdb page, it is still blank under the sign of agreement appointment? I think you should be able to call and check with the CSO on when you can expect keys to be issued. That's what the CSO told me that after grant approval, can call in and get estimated month.

Yes.. by right once u see grant approve with amount. by next 2-3working days u can see the amount credited into yours or your spouse CPF account. then confirm can start chasing HDB for appointment on keys collection already.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Did u appeal for early key collection?
My area is Punggol and is completed ready to move in flat..
Maybe I no take grant that why faster?

Oh. Congrats. You manage to get a unit. If I dun remember wrongly, your Q no. was 101 right?

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I was actually trying to find out more info on this but not much luck. Some couples blogged saying that it was compulsory and cannot hack for 3 years. Made me wonder how couples renovated their bathroom to make it nicer if its compulsory and cannot change for 3 years.

Found a helpful link after digging through past forums: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...l-may-2017-sbf-5620593-104.html#post110501570

Cannot hack as in the flooring right? some do the left way ma... my bathroom wall tiles i overlay also to make it nice..but flooring i no touch.. no budget liao.. lol..

Erinlmh

Reaction score
If still not up then i also dont see why HDB cannot approve. :(

Precisely. I cannot understand too. I told them if the whole project do not have any leftover tiles(which they usually purchase more, much more) I dun mind having other tiles from other project which they can charge to my buying price accordingly. Here's their reply.

We refer to you email of 22 Jun 2018. We also refer to our conversation of 28 Jun 2018.

2 We have considered your appeal to include floor finishes for the booked 4-room flat at XXX XXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX #XXXXXX. but we regret to inform that we are unable to accede to it as we are unable to accommodate further changes at this stage of construction of the flat.

3 We wish to clarify that the option to opt for floor finishes (bedroom/living/dining areas) under the Optional Component Scheme (OCS) is only applicable for new flats offered during initial sale launch under the Build-To-Order (BTO) exercise. For balance flats subsequently sold under our Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) or Re-Offer of Balance Flats (ROF) exercise, the OCS option will no longer be available. This is so as our building contractors would have ordered the materials and made provisions to install the flooring finishes so that there would be no delay in the completion of the flats. Hence we are sorry that we are unable to provide the floor finishes to your new flat.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.