Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

oleyAeon

Reaction score
seems like the rumour of increasing minimum deposit to 70k for maxigain account is not true? find that CSO and hantam him lol..

George Soros

Master Member
Reaction score
I aldy have this account,
Can I just transfer from saving account to this maxigaim acc instead of troublesome way of saving>dbs>maxigain??

computers70

Reaction score
i am still confuse,
Do i need 10k or 15k to open account ?

I went down to open a account at Macdonald house, the lady at the counter told me that I need 15k.
I seriously did not like that way she asked, as if I walk around with 15k in wallet.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
believe opening is 10k, but u need to maintain 15k inside in order to avoid any fall below fees.

Johnpierpontmorgan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I’m in the second or third month with 15k deposit
When Is a good time if I Wan to TOP up

Say another 15-20k, will topping up reset the counters or won’t

vddgnd

Reaction score
i am still confuse,

I went down to open a account at Macdonald house, the lady at the counter told me that I need 15k.
I seriously did not like that way she asked, as if I walk around with 15k in wallet.
Previously there is a table stated min. $10k for opening. Recently saw the table already removed this minimum opening amount. Maybe it means can open without cash or cheque on hand and can do FAST later.
Putting $15k is to avoid fall below fee. Maybe the lady at the counter just tell common practice and save energy to explain more in detail.

chuaj4

Reaction score
To open the account is actually 15k. Total relationship balance have to be 15k to avoid incuring account service fee of 15 bucks . U need at least 10k in maxigain to start earning the 80% of 1 month sibor rate. If below 10k in the maxigain account u will only earn the 0.1% stepup every month to a maximum of 1.2%

i am still confuse,

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am still confuse,

a cheque is good enough , no need to walk with 15k:s13:

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
walao why their min balance so high one 15k

n fall below fee is extravagant at 15$

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In return give u high rate , should be fair mai . There no free meal in sg hehe

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From earlier posts, cash or FAST better than cheque. If deposit is same day as account opening date, counter add on earlier.
It only a month differ that 0.1 for the count if u want to be safe from carrying so many cash

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.