MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

engshing

Master Member
Reaction score
hi it seem like my surface pro 4 also have the flickergate. may i know wat is the fix for this?

the words will turn blurry from time to time. i have updated to the latest firmware

Last edited:

Allistic

Reaction score
hi it seem like my surface pro 4 also have the flickergate. may i know wat is the fix for this?

the words will turn blurry from time to time. i have updated to the latest firmware

Call in Microsoft, they will perform a diagnostic run through, if it's hardware, they will replace it.

Erikku

Reaction score
Call in Microsoft, they will perform a diagnostic run through, if it's hardware, they will replace it.

Hi i have flickering issues for like almost 1 year plus and don't think i have warranty any more.

Do you know how much do they charge for replacing it?

bitwise

Reaction score
Hi i have flickering issues for like almost 1 year plus and don't think i have warranty any more.

Do you know how much do they charge for replacing it?

there is currently a "recall" for surface pro 4 with flickering issues, no need to pay even if warranty is expired

bitwise

Reaction score
I have owned 3 laptops before Surface and for my usage and everyday needs, this is the most suitable for me. Sure I had issues but it's all been ironed out.

I understand a lot of people will raise hell and complain when things don't go smoothly but remember there are people who are content with the product that just remains silent.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows a store that sells and applies screen protector for Surface Pro?

i assume no such thing as privacy screens right?

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows a store that sells and applies screen protector for Surface Pro?

i assume no such thing as privacy screens right?

nvr heard of.
I installed skin through.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have owned 3 laptops before Surface and for my usage and everyday needs, this is the most suitable for me. Sure I had issues but it's all been ironed out.

I understand a lot of people will raise hell and complain when things don't go smoothly but remember there are people who are content with the product that just remains silent.

for the past 10yr, I owned 7 laptops, from 10" netbook to a 17" gaming laptop. including ultralight laptops, SP4 then this SP2017.

In term of weight & flexibility, SP suits me most. Only complain is unable to upgrade the RAM & storage. I m using i7 256GB. Got a 256GB memory card, but the speed sucks.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

To be honest, I don't know if you are happy about the form factor or just Surface Pro in particular. I have used many laptops before, but this hybrid form factor is really good for me. Thankful to MS for the introduction of this form factor. In fact I was quite interested in getting the Surface Pro 4 previously and thank God I did not as I was waiting for the free keyboard promotion. For the premium price they charge, none of these critical QC issues should have happened. And even if they do slip out, the fix/ recall should not take this long. Almost every generation of Surface Pro if not every generation have some shop stopping bugs and fixes coming in only after widespread complaints.

Anyway, I ended with a Lenovo Miix 720 which was cheaper than the price of a Surface Pro 4 with i5 and 256GB storage without the keyboard. The Miix 720 came with a slightly slower i5 processor, double the storage size, and comes bundled with keyboard and pen.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there is currently a "recall" for surface pro 4 with flickering issues, no need to pay even if warranty is expired

They will cause more unhappiness if they charged for the repairs. The issue has been around for a long time and it actually took them a very long time to issue the recall/ repairs.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for the past 10yr, I owned 7 laptops, from 10" netbook to a 17" gaming laptop. including ultralight laptops, SP4 then this SP2017.

In term of weight & flexibility, SP suits me most. Only complain is unable to upgrade the RAM & storage. I m using i7 256GB. Got a 256GB memory card, but the speed sucks.
SanDisk micro SD card?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Read speed is good enough. Just slower when writing.

Yes, write speed is very slow. Whenever I rename a file or save, it will lag or sometimes freeze. Disrupting my workflow. Hence, now I only store photo/video & files that I less freq use in the card.

any fast card to recommend?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, write speed is very slow. Whenever I rename a file or save, it will lag or sometimes freeze. Disrupting my workflow. Hence, now I only store photo/video & files that I less freq use in the card.

any fast card to recommend?

Are you using the U1 or U3 version? Current Samsung micro SD cards are call Evo Plus (U3) instead of Evo+ (U1).

Good ones cost a bomb to be honest, i.e. those UHS II ones. So it is matter of balancing performance to price.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you using the U1 or U3 version? Current Samsung micro SD cards are call Evo Plus (U3) instead of Evo+ (U1).

Good ones cost a bomb to be honest, i.e. those UHS II ones. So it is matter of balancing performance to price.

mine is EVO Plus (U3) 256GB.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine is EVO Plus (U3) 256GB.

I see. This is probably one of the fastest SD card without breaking the bank. I have seen those UHS II ones that are asking for double the price if not more.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.