November 2017 SBF

zidmosby

Reaction score
I’m got my grant approved today ... hope my key collection will be soon. Next thing I’m want to appear for cement screeding. Anyone successful appear for cement screeding ?

With effect from 1 Oct 2014, HDB has ceased to provide the Smooth Floor Rendering (SFR) service that had previously been provided on a goodwill basis upon request. We have considered your appeal carefully but regret that we are indeed unable to accede to your request for cement screeding.

If flat buyers require smooth rendering to their flooring when laying floor finishes such as parquet/timber flooring, carpet, vinyl tile or linoleum, they can engage their own renovation contractors. The way the flooring is rendered depends on the type of floor finishes to be laid by the flat owners. Hence, this is best coordinated between flat owners and their renovation contractor.

1. You can make a cement screed appeal if you have applied before Oct 2014. That means even if say you have applied sometime in Sep/Nov 2012 and going to collect keys soon, you can appeal.

2. The cement screed appeal is only for laminate and vinyl flooring. HDB will not be considering screed appeals made for homogenous tile flooring. As for other types of flooring, I do not have info on it.

3. Send your appeal to HDBSales@mailbox.hdb.gov.sg. State your application no., when u applied etc.

4. Alternatively, during key collection, tell the officer attending to you your intention to appeal. The officer will direct you to your nearest HDB branch at your new estate to make the appeal.

5. The free cement screed service will be done up to 40mm, which is not enough to be leveled with the rest of the flooring. You can get the contractor doing the cement screed service to do a top up, at a price of $150 onwards (3 bedrooms). Alternatively, get your ID to level, which of course comes at a price too, unless you able to negotiate a free deal out... :sport-smiley-018:

6. Free cement screed services can take up to a month long waiting time, with much chasing to be done if you want to expedite. Nevertheless, it's a $1500 to $3000 amount of savings.

Found these 2 answers on the cement screeding.

Monday21

Reaction score
My CRM is so scary.... today called me and ask "did you call the hotline earlier?"

"Ya...y? Just wanted to check with the hotline if there's any collection date available... they say none yet, so ok lor..."

"Don't need to be too anxious alright Madam... dont worry, we are aware of your situation..."

In the first place i only called hotline to genuinely inquire. I didn't even ask for the operator to leave her a msg or ask her to call back...

So from this, I can conclude that somehow calling hotline is the best way if your CRM is not responding.....

Erinlmh

Reaction score
With effect from 1 Oct 2014, HDB has ceased to provide the Smooth Floor Rendering (SFR) service that had previously been provided on a goodwill basis upon request. We have considered your appeal carefully but regret that we are indeed unable to accede to your request for cement screeding.

If flat buyers require smooth rendering to their flooring when laying floor finishes such as parquet/timber flooring, carpet, vinyl tile or linoleum, they can engage their own renovation contractors. The way the flooring is rendered depends on the type of floor finishes to be laid by the flat owners. Hence, this is best coordinated between flat owners and their renovation contractor.

1. You can make a cement screed appeal if you have applied before Oct 2014. That means even if say you have applied sometime in Sep/Nov 2012 and going to collect keys soon, you can appeal.

2. The cement screed appeal is only for laminate and vinyl flooring. HDB will not be considering screed appeals made for homogenous tile flooring. As for other types of flooring, I do not have info on it.

3. Send your appeal to HDBSales@mailbox.hdb.gov.sg. State your application no., when u applied etc.

4. Alternatively, during key collection, tell the officer attending to you your intention to appeal. The officer will direct you to your nearest HDB branch at your new estate to make the appeal.

5. The free cement screed service will be done up to 40mm, which is not enough to be leveled with the rest of the flooring. You can get the contractor doing the cement screed service to do a top up, at a price of $150 onwards (3 bedrooms). Alternatively, get your ID to level, which of course comes at a price too, unless you able to negotiate a free deal out... :sport-smiley-018:

6. Free cement screed services can take up to a month long waiting time, with much chasing to be done if you want to expedite. Nevertheless, it's a $1500 to $3000 amount of savings.

Found these 2 answers on the cement screeding.

Thank you the information above. Like I mentioned earlier, the volunteer whom I met during the meeting with MP session, told me that he "asked" HDB to help screeding the flooring for his unit and they did that for him. He only pay about $3k plus for his 5 room flat at SK for 3 bedrooms and living room for the vinyl flooring done. My colleague who moved into Punggol last year also gave me some information on the screeding. He told me HDB asked him whether he need screeding for his flooring or not. Different ppl, they respond differently

Erinlmh

Reaction score
My CRM is so scary.... today called me and ask "did you call the hotline earlier?"

"Ya...y? Just wanted to check with the hotline if there's any collection date available... they say none yet, so ok lor..."

"Don't need to be too anxious alright Madam... dont worry, we are aware of your situation..."

In the first place i only called hotline to genuinely inquire. I didn't even ask for the operator to leave her a msg or ask her to call back...

So from this, I can conclude that somehow calling hotline is the best way if your CRM is not responding.....

Wow.... so fierce. Mine sound like those very soft spoken type. But still..... she is those common MIA type :s13::s13:

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I am currently using 707 Princeton. The water pressure is very weak, Worse is when someone is washing dishes or bathing at the other water. took me ages to finish a proper bathe

Wahaha 707 is always my parent generation ask me buy one.. i wanted to try new brand also.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Wahaha 707 is always my parent generation ask me buy one.. i wanted to try new brand also.

For the past 6 years, we have been having weak water by our dearest 707. My mom bought Champ Lagoon which we like it very much. I will use Champ for my new house:s13:

Monday21

Reaction score
CRM - Customer Relationship Manager. = manager servicing customer like us. How come so fierce? I was working as a CS before. Thought customer is always right? :s13::s13:

In this case, yes we are customer... but what they are selling are so hot and unique... Everywhere also people want a house thats why can fierce... :s13:

william lek

Reaction score
go google this place call "TAMPOI" .. u will get alot of discount there.

I’m think will have home fair... recently... I’m also look at hod, hood and oven at Jb one set is about RM4k ...maybe we can group purchase together to get better price

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.