Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

fairre

Reaction score
So what should I do? Report lose of ic and get it replace?

Don't ever tell lie to Police.

Lying, or more precisely, furnishing false information to the authorities, such as the police, is a criminal offence punishable by fine and imprisonment.

Pursuant to section 177 of the Penal Code, when a person is legally bound to provide information to the authorities but deliberately offers false information instead, he may become liable for a fine, imprisonment or both. Lying about your particulars to immigration officers, for instance, could land you in hot soup. Furthermore, if the information pertains to criminal activities, the punishment may become more severe, such as when a potential witness lies to the police with regards to criminal loanshark activity.

In addition, providing false information with the intent to cause a public servant to use his lawful power to the injury of another person is also a criminal offence pursuant to section 182 of the Penal Code. For instance, falsely making a complaint against a police officer, such as accusing him of misconduct, in an attempt to sabotage his career may fall within the definition of this offence.

More seriously, lying to the police with the intention of assisting a criminal in escaping conviction, or tampering and destroying evidence with such a similar intention, is a serious offence pursuant to section 201 of the Penal Code.

Finally, pursuant to section 203 of the Penal Code, whoever “knowing or having reason to believe that an offence has been committed, gives any information respecting that offence which he knows or believes to be false” shall be liable to a jail term of up to 2 years, or a fine, or both.

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/la...uthorities-a-punishable-offence-in-singapore/

lesnar88

Reaction score
Harrasing start again... Just received a whatapps SMS from AL. send me a copy of my ic and said BLOCK ME HUH. what can they do with our ic? Can advise?

Nothing much la. Its not like they will take your ic and borrow from another AL lol.

Cos you never block the number or they using another number to whatsapp you. Then again just continue blocking them.

They are just sending the exact IC copy you sent them for borrowing, just to threaten.

Peacemaker999

Reaction score
Nothing much la. Its not like they will take your ic and borrow from another AL lol.

Cos you never block the number or they using another number to whatsapp you. Then again just continue blocking them.

They are just sending the exact IC copy you sent them for borrowing, just to threaten.
Thanks for advise. I'll keep blocking them

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

They will send alot if pic message la..I received pic of my door.they ask me tonite better rmb to lock my gate n door la..

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
Malaysia, Thailand and china ....very few Al will be base in Singapore la. Those high level maybe in singapore la. Let ppl roll money for them...

Ohh.. I thought all these AL n runners are from those geylang area.. Coffee shop area..those full.on tattoos.

Peacemaker999

Reaction score
For me the licensed moneylender got send debt collector to my house, so we paid. I not sure what others would say here.

I own abt 7 LML, only 2 company send debt collector to pass me letter and call them back for 2 weeks. Then didn't hear from them. Now every month received 1-2 letter from mail box like bank like that. Indicate the interest sum. Nothing to stress from LML

lesnar88

Reaction score
Just ignore them lor... Sooner or later they will give up. Just dun reply them at all, whatever different number regarding loan just block

If the UML is very determined to come harrass, they will come within 1-2 weeks from date of verbal diarrhea.

Not the ai lai mai lai type. Its either they got difficulties finding runner, or they just keep trying their luck by sending love letters etc

Last edited:

khunjuno

Reaction score
For me the licensed moneylender got send debt collector to my house, so we paid. I not sure what others would say here.

Licensed moneylender pls pay them back. You entered into a proper loan contract with them and they can send debt collectors to legally recover the debt you owe.

Peacemaker999

Reaction score
If the UML is very determined to come harrass, they will come within 1-2 weeks from date of verbal diarrhea.

Not the ai lai mai lai type. Its either they got difficulties finding runner, or they just keep trying their luck by sending love letters etc

Actually what is love letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.