Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

ppclip

Reaction score
Licensed moneylender pls pay them back. You entered into a proper loan contract with them and they can send debt collectors to legally recover the debt you owe.

its my helper who loaned leh not me wor how leh. I didn't sign a contract with them. Actually how do they work? They just use work permit to loan can liao meh? then who is the guarantor?

Last edited:

tkcashon

Reaction score
Nothing much la. Its not like they will take your ic and borrow from another AL lol.

Cos you never block the number or they using another number to whatsapp you. Then again just continue blocking them.

They are just sending the exact IC copy you sent them for borrowing, just to threaten.

Not true. There was this regular and "steady" AL who called one day asking if have another phone number or got request for loan that day. Explain that someone reuqested for loan and provided the same nric. Since is an existing debtor, he called to confirm if indeed is the same person. Turn out someone using the nric and going around asking for loans.

ppclip

Reaction score
Maybe you need to consult lawyer.
What I want to say is cannot ignored the licensed money lender.

I don't understand how can the licensed one just lend the money to any helper just by using her work permit.
Does that make me a guarantor when i never even sign any **** document. Damned!

lesnar88

Reaction score
Not true. There was this regular and "steady" AL who called one day asking if have another phone number or got request for loan that day. Explain that someone reuqested for loan and provided the same nric. Since is an existing debtor, he called to confirm if indeed is the same person. Turn out someone using the nric and going around asking for loans.

Its just LS-2 checking on behalf of LS-1, just to make sure you're still around.

Asking you if you have another number coz LS-1 trying to contact you using the number you blocked him.

So if you give LS-2 the new number, LS-1 will be able to reach you.

Its all within a syndicate

lesnar88

Reaction score
I don't understand how can the licensed one just lend the money to any helper just by using her work permit.

In the case of lending money to helper, they know the helper has a boss at home. Her work permit has the employer address, so if she runs away, they know who to find and where to find.

Don't really need a guarantor to really sign. Your helper NOK cannot be another helper what lol

ppclip

Reaction score
In the case of lending money to helper, they know the helper has a boss at home. Her work permit has the employer address, so if she runs away, they know who to find and where to find.

Don't really need a guarantor to really sign. Your helper NOK cannot be another helper what lol

She balek kumpung liao. What is the govt doing to protect employers? We are screwed because of her.

khunjuno

Reaction score
its my helper who loaned leh not me wor how leh. I didn't sign a contract with them. Actually how do they work? They just use work permit to loan can liao meh? then who is the guarantor?

This one I am not sure. Thought you were the one who loaned from the LML.

Actually when I went to LML I also saw a lot of domestic helper trying to get loans. I am not sure if that makes you the guarantor since you're only the employer, might want to check with the police or get some legal advice.

Its just LS-2 checking on behalf of LS-1, just to make sure you're still around.

Asking you if you have another number coz LS-1 trying to contact you using the number you blocked him.

So if you give LS-2 the new number, LS-1 will be able to reach you.

Its all within a syndicate

Sia la, if someone anyhow use NRIC to take loan from loanshark also dangerous man. I think it's more likely LS2 trying to help LS1, since they have many different "stalls" that they can loan money out, plus can use different numbers to contact debtors. I've never had LS asking me is it I want to loan when I am the one providing the NRIC because, why would they care? Got NRIC, got bank account, if their background check is OK, they just loan out. Anything whack the house.

Sharuu

Reaction score
She balek kumpung liao. What is the govt doing to protect employers? We are screwed because of her.

Government again...

Listen, your situation sucks balls and I feel bad for you, but the only thing we know now is that your employee, with whom you presumably had a contract with to establish this employer/ employee relationship, has signed another contract and then did not honour that contract. It's now 100% your responsibility, as the employer, to now sort this out. I stop short of speculating what your casual relationship was with your employee for her to have done this shitty thing to you because that's not what we're here to discuss.

Go to the licenced moneylender and explain your stance and negotiate with them. I'm sure they will oblige. Far as I can see, you are not a victim. You just happen to be in a very annoying and inconvenient place.

ppclip

Reaction score

Actually when I went to LML I also saw a lot of domestic helper trying to get loans. I am not sure if that makes you the guarantor since you're only the employer, might want to check with the police or get some legal advice.

police advised is dont pay

fairre

Reaction score

police advised is dont pay

don't pay is for no license.
What about those got license ? Can don't pay ? :s11:

ppclip

Reaction score
Government again...

Listen, your situation sucks balls and I feel bad for you, but the only thing we know now is that your employee, with whom you presumably had a contract with to establish this employer/ employee relationship, has signed another contract and then did not honour that contract. It's now 100% your responsibility, as the employer, to now sort this out. I stop short of speculating what your casual relationship was with your employee for her to have done this shitty thing to you because that's not what we're here to discuss.

Go to the licenced moneylender and explain your stance and negotiate with them. I'm sure they will oblige. Far as I can see, you are not a victim. You just happen to be in a very annoying and inconvenient place.

this helper has been with me for years... she is the last person I expect to do this to me as I trusted her a lot. Every time she wants money i just advanced her with no questions asked. I don't even scold her For i believe in respect. She help me I appreciate her efforts. Then she did such thing to me. Well done really

ppclip

Reaction score
LOL i never asked the police. they say no pay i assume is all no pay

Last edited:

Sharuu

Reaction score
this helper has been with me for years... she is the last person I expect to do this to me as I trusted her a lot. Every time she wants money i just advanced her with no questions asked. I don't even scold her For i believe in respect. She help me I appreciate her efforts. Then she did such thing to me. Well done really

Okay. I really don't care about the back story. Like I said, this is not what we're here to discuss.

Now you just go negotiate with the licenced money lender first. As for the ah long, DON'T FUND CRIMINALS.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.