Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just saw this, YouTube ad, http://glassesusa.com

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Are RayBan Clubmasters any gud?

Honestly, it depends more on the fit of the frame to decide if its good. If you have high nose bridge then you are in luck whereby you can wear many types of frames e.g. rayban wayfarer , certain oakley models and etc.
Clubmasters looks good aesthetically thus if you are comfortable with it then go ahead to get it. Clubmasters also have the nosepads to help sit better for the buyer.

Quinz

Reaction score
My wife just went to a shop and bought a Zeiss single vision lens, 1.6, transition with blue light filter. It cost her 500 for the lenses. Her short sight is 400 with astig of 100. Is that price around market price? Just felt is abit high.

frozentrace

Master Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried making glasses at EyeChamp nex? Thinking of going there as they claim they can make Crizal Len glasses within 45 minutes.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
My wife just went to a shop and bought a Zeiss single vision lens, 1.6, transition with blue light filter. It cost her 500 for the lenses. Her short sight is 400 with astig of 100. Is that price around market price? Just felt is abit high.

With duravision blue? or Lotutec? Any idea?
If with Dura Blue then with transition it will cost 540. Lotutec, It cost 470.

v1hypersg

Reaction score
hi,

can anyone advice from their experience :

1. Pearl's optical, from chinatown OG link bridge to people park centre 2nd floor corner shop

Jamco and Kwong Shin,

are all these 3 shops good service and offer good price for lens and frames ?

2. for metal frames : IC berlin seems to be the best for less than 1K range,

3. i prefer plastic frames, so which brand plastic frame is good ?

i have oakely but over 2 years the plastic frames feels sticky but cannot get off the stickiness

i also have a pair of tom ford plastic frame for need to use spectacle hook to keep the frame from sliding down my face

also i have a big face, the oakley is 54,

anyone know those plastic frame whereby the top is black or dark color then the bottom is clear ? which brand have ?

also recently made a pair of glasses and was recommended to use rodenstock lenses

wonder if the above 3 shops carry rodenstock lenses ?

as i have short sighted and lau hua and need progressive and want to make 2nd pair

not sure if go back to previous shop or try any one of the 3 above and thinking of getting IC berlin frames as colleagues say it is good

can anyone advise

also the spectacle shop mentioned they give me wide vision ones so that i can get used to it more easily and do not need to move my head left and right for the progressive lenses, is there such a thing ?

if yes, then in hoya or zeiss lenses, so they have such wide vision lenses ?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
hi,

can anyone advice from their experience :

1. Pearl's optical, from chinatown OG link bridge to people park centre 2nd floor corner shop

Jamco and Kwong Shin,

are all these 3 shops good service and offer good price for lens and frames ?

2. for metal frames : IC berlin seems to be the best for less than 1K range,

3. i prefer plastic frames, so which brand plastic frame is good ?

i have oakely but over 2 years the plastic frames feels sticky but cannot get off the stickiness

i also have a pair of tom ford plastic frame for need to use spectacle hook to keep the frame from sliding down my face

also i have a big face, the oakley is 54,

anyone know those plastic frame whereby the top is black or dark color then the bottom is clear ? which brand have ?

also recently made a pair of glasses and was recommended to use rodenstock lenses

wonder if the above 3 shops carry rodenstock lenses ?

as i have short sighted and lau hua and need progressive and want to make 2nd pair

not sure if go back to previous shop or try any one of the 3 above and thinking of getting IC berlin frames as colleagues say it is good

can anyone advise

also the spectacle shop mentioned they give me wide vision ones so that i can get used to it more easily and do not need to move my head left and right for the progressive lenses, is there such a thing ?

if yes, then in hoya or zeiss lenses, so they have such wide vision lenses ?

Good evening, i will answer you qns according to the points you stated.
1) All 3 of them are equally good. Jamco imo has the widest selection of frames as apart from Jamco they have another ''expansion'' called be.spoke by Jamco.

2)Imho Icberlin is really comfortable but nothing beats lindberg. Lindberg has titanium arms but for the frame front there is Acetate(stronger form of plastic). I would say try and find out would be best.

3)You can consider Yellows Plus, EyeVans . Those frames comes with Nosepads Thus it will sit/hold better on your face compared to those with caucasion fit. Caucasion fits if you really like, you can request the shop to send it to a lab to do those custom fit Drill-on nosepads.

4)All brand of lenses have their claim to fame wide angle lenses. But based on customer feedbacks, If you want the best, Go for Hoya Mystyle(cost the most), Followed by Zeiss individual 2 and lastly the Essilor X-Series lenses. X series imho is the most budget among the 3 AND still gives comfortable viewing angle.

5)also the spectacle shop mentioned they give me wide vision ones so that i can get used to it more easily and do not need to move my head left and right for the progressive lenses, is there such a thing ? This, is really subjective. All progressive lenses has the peripheral distortion but certain TIERS have lesser e.g. those that i mentioned earlier. Certain individuals are fine with mid tier ones and says that its fine. BUT for those that are more sensitive, they would prefer the higher tier one. So its not a given for all. But usually the optical shop once they identify what lenses they will recommend you something according. Usually downgrading the lens tier will cause issues e.g. blurry side vision, reading area smaller. Thus usually something of a similar tier or higher would be recommended.

Hope this helps for now! Other can add on to help!

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, my spectacle lens coating is peering, any way to remove it. Never have this problem before, buy for less than 2 years. Trying to save cost, if cannot then change lens.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry bro! There is no way of recoating the lens or removing it. Best is change lens no choice!

Hi, my spectacle lens coating is peering, any way to remove it. Never have this problem before, buy for less than 2 years. Trying to save cost, if cannot then change lens.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
That’s crazy cheap with frame. Lenses RRP 220. Your frame 33 dollar? Insane package price. Good buy for you I should say. But cfm eyezen right?
Make sure the fitting height and pupil distance is measured accurately!

@GANGSTERKIA

Mimeo Glasses with Mid index 1.56 crizal eyezen
For 253$ worth not bro

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! There are many places that sells fitovers around spore. Maybe you can let me know which area of Singapore is more convenient for you and I will recommend you a place accordingly??

Hi all, any recommendations on outlets to purchase fit over sunglass. Help is much appreciated. thanks. :)

v1hypersg

Reaction score
accidentally step into lindberg website and immediately fell in love with their frames,

can anyone share where to go to try on their frames ?

passed by isean at scotts 3rd floor and try on their frames but it seems small

are lindberg frames small ?

https://lindberg.com/en/showroom/men/acetanium

https://lindberg.com/en/showroom/men/9700

these 2 models i am interested in,

anyone can share their lindberg experience ?

durable ? comfortable ?

where to get reasonably priced lindberg frames

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
We have a lot of Lindberg enthusiast here!(including myself).They are really comfortable and light. Not to worry, Lindbergs have different sizes for different people. Sizes range from 46——-58?( largest I seen) Durable? Yes. Comfortable? Yes!

The shop with the largest collection of Lindberg imo would be Jamco at Katong shopping center.

I do have buffalo horn(series) and the one at my avatar is a Lindberg Rim(series)

Lindberg cost starts from 700+++(strip/acetanium/Rim/air titanium/N.O.W)/spirit) Til 2k(buffalo horn). Or even More (Lindberg precious). You can always call the authorised retailers at their website to see if they have the model you are interested in so you won’t have to make a wasted trip. But I advised you to try all the series to have a feel of them.

Hope this helps!

accidentally step into lindberg website and immediately fell in love with their frames,

can anyone share where to go to try on their frames ?

passed by isean at scotts 3rd floor and try on their frames but it seems small

are lindberg frames small ?

https://lindberg.com/en/showroom/men/acetanium

https://lindberg.com/en/showroom/men/9700

these 2 models i am interested in,

anyone can share their lindberg experience ?

durable ? comfortable ?

where to get reasonably priced lindberg frames

Last edited:

Kusuoh

Reaction score
That’s crazy cheap with frame. Lenses RRP 220. Your frame 33 dollar? Insane package price. Good buy for you I should say. But cfm eyezen right?
Make sure the fitting height and pupil distance is measured accurately!

Ya bro its eyezen. Btw is there any big differences between

Crizal EyeZen

Crizal Prevencia Lens (Blue Light Protection)

Do u mind recommending me. Im a heavy computer/phone user. Thanks for ur answers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.