View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #2369
BlackCube
Great Supremacy Member

Hi. Me also planning to self drive there. I have never been to NZ but from what i observed. The typical normal airfare from SG to South island such as Christchurch is at least $1.3k per pax and Queentown is much more . One of the cheapest afre i seen is $788 that is to the north, Wellington at $788 by air NZ. Another "cheap" way is to fly to Melbourne at the cheapest fare,Then fly to Christchurch from there.

I feel Accommodation is not really very cheap. A good decent still cost at $100-120 and above. Car rental for 9-10 days by Apex at least $500.

I am not into heli hike as i have been to the glacier in iceland , tandem skydiving, bungee jump and flying fox type as i no longer young. Therefore i can actually save a lot cost from it. If mainly stick to sight seeing and scenery. My estimation is about $6k for 2 pax all inclusive.
you're right.. without expense activities, i think 5-6k should be ok.. alot depends on how much u can get the air ticket as well..