Malaysia prepaid card

sendhalp

Reaction score
Is anyone here still using the old Hotlink Fast that has free 1GB data each for every Saturday and Sunday?

How's your experience with the 4G connection whenever you needed it? I'd one in a dual-SIM phone the other time, when my OneXOX became slow in loading so I switched to the Hotlink Fast. It showed 4G on the screen but the page was hardly loading.

Now I'm wondering if it's still worth maintaining one, or should I just let it die.

I still have 2 Hotlink Fast with the free 1gb each on Saturday and Sunday

The speed is good, was in Penang and managed to make use of it

Personally I felt that Hotlink network is rather good:D

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not surprising, the +VIBE plans are seriously value for money, can get twice what you would normally get from other telcos. That's why I went looking specifically for Tune Talk but don't have, sian.

Saw this website saying Changi Airport got sell, can anyone confirm? bookmytaxi.sg/which-traveller-sim-card-for-malaysia/
Not, accordingly to Changi Recommends website. Can't find for Malaysia.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still have 2 Hotlink Fast with the free 1gb each on Saturday and Sunday

The speed is good, was in Penang and managed to make use of it

Personally I felt that Hotlink network is rather good:D
Thanks for sharing. :)

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Not surprising, the +VIBE plans are seriously value for money, can get twice what you would normally get from other telcos. That's why I went looking specifically for Tune Talk but don't have, sian.

Saw this website saying Changi Airport got sell, can anyone confirm? bookmytaxi.sg/which-traveller-sim-card-for-malaysia/

more for local for VIBE

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still have Hotlink but Digi deals looks better now and can top up using PayPal. Can even use the credits inside for shopping like 9.90 ringgit Starbucks coffee. coverage wise, just as good as maxis.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
At RM2 each, it's not a surprise. IIRC I paid around RM14 to a dealer in Melaka few years back.

Anyway, just for info to the rest, nearest shops/booths for SGeans to access MVNO SIM packs:

OneXOX at Giant Nusa Bestari Mall
Tron in Jalan Wong Ah Fook
Tune Talk in Komtar JBCC

everyone need to bookmark it

kitkat2

Reaction score
job requires me to travel up and down m'sia quite a lot, looking for a plan that can keep me entertained on the bus

ah, you are not just a jb day tripper. why not wait till you reach kl? there is a mynews outlet in literally every corner.

if you watch video, then digi live is a good choice. if 2.5gb allowance per week isn't enough, then get 2 cards.

once you are sick with digi, you can port the numbers over to tunetalk and get 5gb free per month for 6 months. if you port 2 numbers, that will be a whopping 10gb!

wys

Reaction score
Tink was 20 rm per card with 10 rm topup by dealer.
Good info, thanks for sharing. :)

I used to call this the Bukit Indah Giant, as Aeon Bukit Indah and Tesco are near there. Yes, that's the Giant Nusa Bestari. A convenient place to catch the Causeway Link bus back.

Care to share how much you paid for each card? :)

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At RM2 each, it's not a surprise. IIRC I paid around RM14 to a dealer in Melaka few years back.

Anyway, just for info to the rest, nearest shops/booths for SGeans to access MVNO SIM packs:

OneXOX at Giant Nusa Bestari Mall
Tron in Jalan Wong Ah Fook
Tune Talk in Komtar JBCC

Where is the shop to buy Tron SIM card?
And how much is it?

EDIT : Found the address in Tron's website.

It Smarttone Mobile

No 88
Jalan Wong Ah Fook
80000 Johor Bahru
Tel no: 0197088000

Operating Hours
Mon - Sun: 11.00am - 10.00pm
Public Holiday: Open

Last edited:

wys

Reaction score
Tink was 20 rm per card with 10 rm topup by dealer.
Good info, thanks for sharing. :)

I used to call this the Bukit Indah Giant, as Aeon Bukit Indah and Tesco are near there. Yes, that's the Giant Nusa Bestari. A convenient place to catch the Causeway Link bus back.

Care to share how much you paid for each card? :)

cassowary18

Reaction score
ah, you are not just a jb day tripper. why not wait till you reach kl? there is a mynews outlet in literally every corner.

if you watch video, then digi live is a good choice. if 2.5gb allowance per week isn't enough, then get 2 cards.

once you are sick with digi, you can port the numbers over to tunetalk and get 5gb free per month for 6 months. if you port 2 numbers, that will be a whopping 10gb!

Not working in big cities, literally is 鸟不生蛋的地方. But will keep in mind. Prob going for u mobile because of their free data for Spotify and Facebook.

kitkat2

Reaction score
Not working in big cities, literally is 鸟不生蛋的地方. But will keep in mind. Prob going for u mobile because of their free data for Spotify and Facebook.

good luck with umobile. it hardly works in places other than big cities :)

kitkat2

Reaction score
Really? Thanks for the heads up. Will look for another telco then.

if you have an address in malaysia, you can try to order online from tunetalk or even shopee.

also, do test the coverage first at the places you frequent before committing on a yearly plan like vibe 200.

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
if you have an address in malaysia, you can try to order online from tunetalk or even shopee.

also, do test the coverage first at the places you frequent before committing on a yearly plan like vibe 200.

you might get more answer for the coverage from below forum as mainly Malaysian users.

Maxis or Celom or their MVNO shouldn't have much problem for others better check first.

https://forum.lowyat.net/TelcoTalk

for example this person asking
> Umobile network besides klang valley, network
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4623466

Last edited:

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maxis and Digi can surf net up and down the NS highway. Only at checkpoints will have low signal. I like Digi's option of PayPal top up from anywhere.

Unifi looks interesting though if speed and cheap is more critical than coverage.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.