Stereo @ Westgate?!

chocoblitz

Reaction score
Too bad all Singapore audio stores always locked up their good headphones/earphones behind staff counter.

Should follow a lot of Japan stores where all the good stuff are displayed openly and you can try it freely without having to see staff judging whether you will be buying or not.

blazin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too bad all Singapore audio stores always locked up their good headphones/earphones behind staff counter.

Should follow a lot of Japan stores where all the good stuff are displayed openly and you can try it freely without having to see staff judging whether you will be buying or not.

I think Vivo stereo can do that.

Japan not all are displayed open, more premium ones are locked in display case.

The good thing is you can ask the staff to recommend, they are quite helpful.

Dhitto

Reaction score
I think Vivo stereo can do that.

Japan not all are displayed open, more premium ones are locked in display case.

The good thing is you can ask the staff to recommend, they are quite helpful.

Agreed. Almost all the local stores staff are helpful. Haven't really had a bad enough experience to call out at all.

They keep the premium ones behind counter not because they "see you no up", but more like they are worried that potential customers who do not know how to handle them with care can potentially damage a 4-figure priced earphone / headphone. The 'screening' really is for that, not so much whether the customer can afford to buy them.

Case in point would be a story a friend who shared with me about an uncle who walked into a car showroom with tattered bermudas and worn out japanese slippers, stained cotton t-shirt, and unshaven. Walked out 45mins later with a $300k car paid in full by crossed cheque that left every other salesman's jaws on the floor for the rest of the week .... :s22::s13:

musicdreamer

Reaction score
Agreed. Almost all the local stores staff are helpful. Haven't really had a bad enough experience to call out at all.

They keep the premium ones behind counter not because they "see you no up", but more like they are worried that potential customers who do not know how to handle them with care can potentially damage a 4-figure priced earphone / headphone. The 'screening' really is for that, not so much whether the customer can afford to buy them.

Case in point would be a story a friend who shared with me about an uncle who walked into a car showroom with tattered bermudas and worn out japanese slippers, stained cotton t-shirt, and unshaven. Walked out 45mins later with a $300k car paid in full by crossed cheque that left every other salesman's jaws on the floor for the rest of the week .... :s22::s13:

Was at Stereo Westgate last Sat dressed very casual and request to test the Sennheiser HD820..The staff was very friendly and help to set it up at the demo station and jio me lim kopi while i audition. Damm shiok..

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sibei satki, last time pass by MBS so sunbian go buy friend bday present at LV. Kena ignore cos wear t-shirt Bermuda and slippers. See me no up go another shop buy Atas clothes and put old clothes in bag find back the same sales guy.

Tell him diam diam don't come plp and just help me get the bag. After that he like blur why I so rude, I show him the old clothes in a shopping bag then he remember

Sent from Oneplus Zero using GAGT

moron+genius

Reaction score
Sibei satki, last time pass by MBS so sunbian go buy friend bday present at LV. Kena ignore cos wear t-shirt Bermuda and slippers. See me no up go another shop buy Atas clothes and put old clothes in bag find back the same sales guy.

Tell him diam diam don't come plp and just help me get the bag. After that he like blur why I so rude, I show him the old clothes in a shopping bag then he remember

No need buy new clothes just get another sales n buy whatever u want. It’s his loss not urs as he missed the opportunity 2 earn commission.

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need buy new clothes just get another sales n buy whatever u want. It’s his loss not urs as he missed the opportunity 2 earn commission.
Just wanted to show him I not no money, after that get staff name can complain

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

lv got care what u wear one meh.

i always wear berms and tshirt also, i go lv but they serve still quite ok and gave me evian water somemore. :o

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Connect IT product range and service cannot compare with Stereo, I bring my kids there once in a while (rooftop playground and Toyrus which sadly moved out.) and seldom feel the need to window shop there, find myself spending more time at Challenger on the same level. The only time I had to go to them was to test out Campfire products but that's it.

Feel like trying out Campfire Comet but too shy to do so cos i am not commited yet, scared kena judged for wasting their time and not spending money.

Are they really ok with people come and try and walk away one?

Sent from Don't Be Afraid To Fart While You Urinate, There Is No Rain Without Thunder using GAGT

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
lv got care what u wear one meh.

i always wear berms and tshirt also, i go lv but they serve still quite ok and gave me evian water somemore. :o

quite ok only ?

i expect top notch service from high end boutique

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Feel like trying out Campfire Comet but too shy to do so cos i am not commited yet, scared kena judged for wasting their time and not spending money.

Are they really ok with people come and try and walk away one?

Sent from Don't Be Afraid To Fart While You Urinate, There Is No Rain Without Thunder using GAGT
They don't. At least about a year ago at the Plaza Sing outlet, that is. I requested to audit a few in-ears, sat there for almost half an hour, then left empty handed, they treated me with their usual friendliness when I was leaving the store.

kkfa2018

Reaction score
They don't. At least about a year ago at the Plaza Sing outlet, that is. I requested to audit a few in-ears, sat there for almost half an hour, then left empty handed, they treated me with their usual friendliness when I was leaving the store.
They are still very friendly. I went to Plaza Sing outlet just a month ago. Sat there, try stuff, have free coffee and water, no problems.

Dhitto

Reaction score
I have to say most of the headphone audio stores that cater to auditioning in SG are really top notch when it comes to service friendliness.

Another one I like is Zeppelin at Sim Lim Square. ( 2nd floor )

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.