(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a distiller in my office. I deal with medical devices.
My home, i use a water softener. :o

Lazy_Tiger

Reaction score
I'm looking at 3m under sink. What model is yours? How long does 1 cartridge last?

Am using the Brew120MS for the espresso machine. Recommended by Jimmy Monkey. Can get 3m Singapore to install for you but for cartridges it’s cheaper to get from webstaurantstore.com.

No problems with it after more than 2 years. Very easy to install and replace cartridges. It can last at least one year or when u reach 9000 gallons. Cleansui cartridge is more expensive.....

Not trying to sell the 3m brand but I have dismantled the group head before and there is no lime scale.

If you are not looking into direct plumbing your machine I’m sure 3m can recommend under counter alternatives.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a distiller in my office. I deal with medical devices.
My home, i use a water softener. :o

3m for Home machine. Cleansui for office machine.

Cleansui is probably the best I've tried so far but its the pitcher model. Not sure if the faucet one makes a difference. Can't taste anything in the water which is what it should be. Brita can still taste a bit of minerals.

For cheaper cleansui cartridges, you guys can get from Qoo?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suggest that you specifically check with the producers if they really soften and how long can they be effective. Not all filters can soften.

I bought my softener from taobao btw. :o

Lazy_Tiger

Reaction score
Cleansui is probably the best I've tried so far but its the pitcher model. Not sure if the faucet one makes a difference. Can't taste anything in the water which is what it should be. Brita can still taste a bit of minerals.

For cheaper cleansui cartridges, you guys can get from Qoo?

Yes I find cleansui the cleanest tasting. But the cartridges sure are expensive!

Had a Brita but it’s HB forums have mentioned that it’s not suitable for machines.

DriftKing

Reaction score
Am using the Brew120MS for the espresso machine. Recommended by Jimmy Monkey. Can get 3m Singapore to install for you but for cartridges it’s cheaper to get from webstaurantstore.com.

How much was the unit and installation? Not looking to plumb in but rather use it as normal drinking solution.

Lazy_Tiger

Reaction score
How much was the unit and installation? Not looking to plumb in but rather use it as normal drinking solution.

I can’t recall. But for drinking can just go with the aqua pure series. Separate tap for drinking. But honestly unless you have a huge family a simple under tap solution like a torayvino or cleansui is more than enough. Just ensure the filters have nsf or equivalent rating.

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I find cleansui the cleanest tasting. But the cartridges sure are expensive!

Had a Brita but it’s HB forums have mentioned that it’s not suitable for machines.

I presume both pitcher and tap models are about the same?

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

HB forum ppl if they from states, Brita is not suitable. Water alot harder and Brita will not filter all the minerals. I have a TDS meter and readings is ~100+, the drop is 20+ pts.
I buy bottle water for my machine and reading on those is under 30; Reverse Osmosis readings usually low at <25.

jolow99

Reaction score
MO SSP 64mm burrs

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to conduct a mass order for 64mm SSP Red Speed coated burrs. Quoted price is SGD $220, need a minimum of 10 orders. Text me at 97539839 if you're interested in joining this.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to conduct a mass order for 64mm SSP Red Speed coated burrs. Quoted price is SGD $220, need a minimum of 10 orders. Text me at 97539839 if you're interested in joining this.

This type?
https://www.verybarista.com/mazzerjollyred

wook2000

Reaction score
Different .. SSP burrs for mazzer are based on the K30 design.. SSP burrs quality are on another level.. I was using their burrs for my mazzer mini too... A big jump over the stock burrs. Highly recommended most bang for buck ugrade I feel.home barista forum has a guy reviewing it currently with taste and extraction yield findings.

DuoMaxwell

Reaction score
Hello All, tempted to get an ikawa home roaster. Looking for reviews around!
Have anyone got it?
How's the roast? :) Thanks!

wook2000

Reaction score
Hello All, tempted to get an ikawa home roaster. Looking for reviews around!
Have anyone got it?
How's the roast? :) Thanks!

Is it your first roaster? Any previous roasting experience? The capacity is really small for this roaster.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.