View Single Post
Old 23-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #9105
onenightfighttwo

Red Planet Asakusa Hotel in Asakusa can help u keep the luggage before and after if you have a reservation with them.

So I suggest you may like to swop day 7 and day 8.

Day 8 - bring ur family to Asakusa. Assuming you will be staying at Red Planet, you can leave ur luggage there (email them before the trip to confirm about the luggage). After you leave your luggage there, you can tour Asakusa. It is a lovely place. Sensoji temple, Nakamise shopping street. You can go to Tokyo Skytree tower which is one station away, Your kids will love it there. Got ice skating rink there too.

I prefer not to drive during winter especially to the outskirts.
Don't know whether it will snow n not sure whether need to chain the wheels of the car and whether it is compulsory or not.

From Red Planet hotel to Haneda, there is a airport limousine bus (check the website for the timing) from Asakusa View Hotel which is 5 min walk from Red Planet.
You can also take a direct train from the train station nearby but in view of your young kids and heavy luggage, it may be rather troublesome.

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/are...hicho/for/244/

IMO, JR pass is not necessary as it costs about $344 for the 7 day JR pass.
Thanks for the advise. I will swop accordingly.
But need to check the hotel price first. Haha. Budget already. Whole trip cost a bomb.

Even shinkensan to Nagano and back. Without JR pass is cheaper?