Screen burn in under warranty

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone know whether screen burn in cover under warranty?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955FD using GAGT

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone know whether screen burn in cover under warranty?

Walk in to Samsung Service center and ask the staff to check & confirm.

If it is known case they would repair /rectify for you.

Else you can chat with them to find out more on this issue of yours.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
You what model burn in? I thought samsung phones is intelligent not to have burn in.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You what model burn in? I thought samsung phones is intelligent not to have burn in.

All OLED screen has this problem especially if you set phone at high brightness. "Intelligent" only helps a little.

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
S8+. Brightness set low still got this issue. Just realize set just pass warranty for few days :(

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seen this kind of issue happen to the most recent S series lor
like s7 on ahwards maybe due to OLED

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a reply from Samsung on email.

Means I pay $250+$32.10? I thought the screen very expensive?

We understand that you would like to get a screen replacement for your Galaxy S8+.

The approximate cost of the screen replacement is SGD 250. The screen replacement consists of the glass and the LCD itself. Please be informed that we are unable to confirm if this spare part cost applies to your device issue as it differs with different colours.

There may be other servicing charges involved which you will be advised on the exact cost of the repair and the repair duration, upon evaluation done by the service engineer. Same goes to the burn in display issue on the phone. There will be no warranty for the screen replacement as cosmetic/physical or liquid damage will not be covered under warranty.

We append the following information to assist you in locating our service centres.

1. Samsung Customer Service Centre @ Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road #B2-23, Plaza Singapura Singapore (238839)
Operating Hours: 11 am to 8 pm (Monday to Saturday), 11 am to 5 pm (Sundays & Public Holidays)

2. Samsung Customer Service Centre @ Westgate
3, Gateway Drive #02-01, Westgate Singapore 608532
Operating Hours: 11 am to 8 pm (Monday to Saturday), 11 am to 5 pm (Sundays & Public Holidays)

3. Samsung Customer Service Centre @ VivoCity
1 Harbourfront Walk #02-28/29, Singapore 098585
Operating Hours: 11:00am to 9:00pm (Monday ~ Sunday and Public Holidays)

Note: Additional charges of SGD 32.10 may apply for out of warranty products. Kindly bring along your proof of purchase with you.

Please note that any data stored on your device will be erased if there is a need for a software upgrade or in the event of any major spare part replacement. Hence, we suggest that all important data content to be backed up prior to your visit to our service centre.

Samsung provides 1 year warranty on the devices from the date of purchase. Any physical or liquid damage on the device will not be covered under warranty.

We hope that we have addressed your enquiry and look forward to being of service to you again.

Should you require to speak to our Customer Service Representative, you may contact us at 1800 726 7864 (Monday – Sunday; 08:00 am to 08:00 pm) or chat with us at http://livechat.support.samsung.com/LiveChat/customer/sg (Monday - Friday; 09:00 am to 07:00 pm, excluding Public Holidays) for assistance.

Thank you and have a pleasant day ahead.

Yours sincerely,
Rifa
Samsung Customer

Samsung Remote Management Service:
Do you need a quick solution for your Smart TV or mobile device?
With Samsung's Remote Management Service, we can remotely
diagnose your TV or mobile device to get you on your way to a
solution. It's easy!

Live Chat:
How can we help you today?
Live Chat is available from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Mon to Fri only,
Excluding Public Holiday). Just visit our website at
www.samsung.com/sg

ShadowSin85

Reaction score
Screen burn in is covered under warranty.
But if your set had just end warranty then you gona pay.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should quickly go to Samsung Service center to see if they allow to provide warranty.. just a few days after 1 year from purchased date.

Maybe you say willing to pay for the labour cost instead.. which they may accept.

Maybe bring along several Samsung phones to show you are loyal supporter.:s13:

ShadowSin85

Reaction score
Yea csn try your luck

I had claimed warranry several times under screen burn im cos i used waze alot for my daily routine.

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called them they says warranty over cannot claim :(

Thinking of LG G7. Only flagship phone without OLED and with wireless charging.

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Your few days is how many days? Not more than a week than go try luck. If its chargable, they need you to accept quote before start repair also. Which you can reject.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

All CS will say the same thing as they read from official standard reply FAQ.
CS via call center do not or rather not able to handle technician point of any products as they are not in their position to do so.
CS and Technician are 2 different sections although may be the same Aftersales dept.

Samsung service centers do not only handle mobile phones but do include other products such as laptops & electronic products.

Anyway it is your call and decision.

Just ranting.. on my past experience with Samsung Service centers.
When my Samsung phones do have problems, i walk-in to their Samsung service center and let the technician (at the counter) to check &or even consult their (backroom &or other) staff if in doubt.
There was 1 case where the phone screen was damaged, they took in to repair without question (maybe still on warranty) but it was physically damaged by drop.
So far with several encountered with Samsung service staff they were helpful and sometime would provide suggestions & alternatives if unable to resolved.
And never pay for anything for all these including service on checking on phones issues.

Consultation is free to check and if out of warranty repair they would provide a quotation on the repair, and customer can reject without further payment.
Not sure on current situation.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.