SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Calander

Reaction score

cassowary18

Reaction score
these activities will be considered as "orange tags" which you can request during in-pro. however, this tag should be available at 6pm and 7pm IPT/RT at FCCs if I am not wrong.

nevertheless, u would be having either a maximum of 8 non-IPPT IPT, or a maximum of 17 non-IPPT RT in your annual window. this means that u have a lot of opportunities to try out the various colour tags available and how IPT/RT system works.

Thanks. I just went for my first RT session at Maju FCC and they have orange tag only for Tuesday and Thursday 1800 session. This month is kick-do (kickboxing and taekwando?) Anyway I didn't take the orange tag because I wasn't interested. Anyone know what other orange tag activities are offered in the other FCCs? Heard each FCC is different and they rotate each month.

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't stay in good what. Like that also not happy?

Just wake up early and take first train/first bus lor. If you want to sleep more, then spend $ on cab lor.

Or see if you can lompang car ride from any one who stays nearby. Just treat them breakfasts/tea breaks to cover their fuel. They get to eat, you save on cab fare. Win win.

If you want to avoid, next time clear your IPPT liabilities before ICT. Then ask to be excused. No guarantee, but at least it should increase your chances.

In before beh kan, no car to drive for ICT.

1st world problem ma :s13: . u can always pitch a sleeping bag in camp at one quiet corner .

Yukikaze_88

Reaction score
Thanks. I just went for my first RT session at Maju FCC and they have orange tag only for Tuesday and Thursday 1800 session. This month is kick-do (kickboxing and taekwando?) Anyway I didn't take the orange tag because I wasn't interested. Anyone know what other orange tag activities are offered in the other FCCs? Heard each FCC is different and they rotate each month.

I saw a poster for some K-Pop aerobics thingy at Bedok FCC a few months back... not sure if it's still applicable or not. If any bros have updated info please do share. :)

Won't be going back there till mid-August at the earliest.

Clone_

Reaction score
If I book a normal IPPT is it counted as a 1st IPT session if I fail?
If not, I might as well book IPT IPPT as my first session in case I fail right?

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I book a normal IPPT is it counted as a 1st IPT session if I fail?
If not, I might as well book IPT IPPT as my first session in case I fail right?
IPPT and IPT IPPT is recorded differently under the system. So if you book and fail IPPT, it is recorded as IPPT fail, but not as an IPT session.

But if I am not wrong, if you book 1st IPT session (which is IPPT), and then you pass, then should be exempted liao from IPT liao.

You can contact hotline to confirm.

cassowary18

Reaction score
IPPT and IPT IPPT is recorded differently under the system. So if you book and fail IPPT, it is recorded as IPPT fail, but not as an IPT session.

But if I am not wrong, if you book 1st IPT session (which is IPPT), and then you pass, then should be exempted liao from IPT liao.

You can contact hotline to confirm.

Yes. If you pass the IPT IPPT, it's considered as a normal pass i.e. you fulfill your requirements for that cycle. If you fail, the results will be used to determine your PPT.

fudgie

Reaction score
hi guys, i see on the NS website that i need to complete 0/19 RT sessions.

So i just finish all these 19 sessions and im done? am hearing diff things from people, some telling me i have 20 actually?

thanks in advance

Yukikaze_88

Reaction score
Yes. If you pass the IPT IPPT, it's considered as a normal pass i.e. you fulfill your requirements for that cycle. If you fail, the results will be used to determine your PPT.

To clarify, PPT means Personal Performance Targets. Read more about it here: https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/home/nstopics/ippt-ipt-rt/ipt/guidelines-for-ipt/ppt

hi guys, i see on the NS website that i need to complete 0/19 RT sessions.

So i just finish all these 19 sessions and im done? am hearing diff things from people, some telling me i have 20 actually?

thanks in advance

You must have taken and failed IPPT once in the previous work year. Hence, your RT/IPPT obligation this work year is 20 - 1 = 19 sessions. Finish it all and you're done.

There will be RT-IPPT on your 8th, 14th and (I think) 19th session. If you pass RT-IPPT on the 8th or 14th session, it is also considered as having cleared your obligations for this work year.

Luffyace

Reaction score
just to check , have all camp started using machine sensitivity to count for the push up instead of manpower now?

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to check , have all camp started using machine sensitivity to count for the push up instead of manpower now?
Camps used for IPPT/RT/IPT for reservists confirm use machines.

I think most if not all camps used for ICT now have the new machines also..

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If going to start bmt but can't do push up how ?

PTP batch

My upper limb muscle is very small

now is at single digit push up

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If going to start bmt but can't do push up how ?

PTP batch

My upper limb muscle is very small

now is at single digit push up
Moi was zero fighter (zero pullups) when I went in 5 month BMT, eons ago. Before the end of 5 months, could do 15 pull-ups.

So no fear. Just work hard in training, cos you will have a lot of kakis also in bad physical shape like you.

Remember to always take care and always safety first.

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi was zero fighter (zero pullups) when I went in 5 month BMT, eons ago. Before the end of 5 months, could do 15 pull-ups.

So no fear. Just work hard in training, cos you will have a lot of kakis also in bad physical shape like you.

Remember to always take care and always safety first.
siao liao, my running also cannot make it

Just did a 2.4 , turn out to be 20 mins

Sadist4life

Reaction score
Is it possible to retry IPPT if I had passed it on my 14th RT session? Or does the window automatically close upon passing?

Calander

Reaction score
Is it possible to retry IPPT if I had passed it on my 14th RT session? Or does the window automatically close upon passing?

when u are under RT for that window which u are in, u can only do IPPT only on RT-IPPT or ICT-IPPT.

only when u cleared your 20-D RT sessions, u will be deemed cleared from your window regardless pass or fail

Sadist4life

Reaction score
when u are under RT for that window which u are in, u can only do IPPT only on RT-IPPT or ICT-IPPT.

only when u cleared your 20-D RT sessions, u will be deemed cleared from your window regardless pass or fail

Yep, the 14th RT was my 2nd RT-IPPT. Since I have passed, does that mean I don't have to clear the remaining 5 sessions?

If I feel like trying for Pass w/Incentive or Silver, can I go for the remaining sessions while still getting half day service pay?

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep, the 14th RT was my 2nd RT-IPPT. Since I have passed, does that mean I don't have to clear the remaining 5 sessions?

If I feel like trying for Pass w/Incentive or Silver, can I go for the remaining sessions while still getting half day service pay?
My guess is can.

I also passed RT-IPPT on 14th RT session. But I did not go for the remaining sessions, and went to manually cancel the RT sessions in the system.

Since the system does not automatically cancel the RT sessions when one passes RT-IPPT that promptly, my guess is should be able to still go.

But not sure also, cos the system also auto sms me to inform me that I have cleared my RT liabilities.

So you try and let us know. Keep the RT sessions in the system, and don't cancel them. If you are still getting the SMS reminders to go for the RT sessions, then I believe that means still can go.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.