Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

khunjuno

Reaction score
The calls have begun flooding

Block, and if you want some peace, turn on do not disturb mode on your phone so unknown number calls won't get through. You also won't get other calls from legit callers, but that one at least you can call back when you do see it. Best of luck, the initial phase is the toughest, the scariest and the most stressful period. You'll get through this as many of us have.

waunderwall

Reaction score
Block, and if you want some peace, turn on do not disturb mode on your phone so unknown number calls won't get through. You also won't get other calls from legit callers, but that one at least you can call back when you do see it. Best of luck, the initial phase is the toughest, the scariest and the most stressful period. You'll get through this as many of us have.

How long was it

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Update: One of the Ah Longs have used my old WhatsApp display pic as his new photo. Got an update from my friend who informed me about this. These AL all work in syndicates one, the one who used my photo wasn't the one who I owed any money to. Just be aware of this when you decide to run AL, your photos may be used - so don't use photos showing your face fully or showing your family members as well. Change it to something more generic and they won't be able to use it against you.

I got facebook tinder using my profile pic..nothing much one la..

Star69

Reaction score
I got facebook tinder using my profile pic..nothing much one la..

Hi . Can ask how.many AL u owned ? Now I got one AL . At first say borrow monthly loan 3000 . Clear 3500 . After transfer me 1200 . He say loan 1200 . After 3 days clear 1600. How ....

khunjuno

Reaction score
Was yours over already?

Doubt it. It is never really "over" with these people because they will come and try their luck after some time. I'm expecting we'll receive some random calls again in future or more love letters and other types of physical harassment.

Hi . Can ask how.many AL u owned ? Now I got one AL . At first say borrow monthly loan 3000 . Clear 3500 . After transfer me 1200 . He say loan 1200 . After 3 days clear 1600. How ....

Wah AL getting more desperate now. This one is a scam AL. Say one thing, do another. Go report to the police.

Star69

Reaction score
Wah AL getting more desperate now. This one is a scam AL. Say one thing, do another. Go report to the police.[/QUOTE]

But this AL is use ATM cash deposit .

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score

This type of AL earn good money. Business without any capital.
They can use the bank credit line transfer money to you then ask you pay back extra $400.
The bank not even charge $400 for 3 days interest credit line transfer.
The AL use the money pay back the bank and get the profit.

Domino1904

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I was going through the posts over the past few days.. Would like to mention that i am someone going through similar situations currently...

The harassment started last week with the usual threats and videos but stopped for awhile.
It resumed yesterday when my office was called and i managed to speak to my boss regarding what happened and showed them the Police Report made on Saturday.
Its still a mental torture as i dunno what to expect next.
However, an advice given to me was, to track down all the times they call you from their Private Number... Let them keep calling, u talk for a while and hang up. Let them call a few more times, before you pick up again. Then give the police the details, i.e. 26 Private number calls from 1 pm - 1.40 pm to my number (812******).
With this, they will be able to pin point the number / location with the help of the telcos.

Just tot it may help.

This is day 4 for me.
And im not gonna give in to their demands.

lesnar88

Reaction score

Your amount is huge. My advise pay or no pay, the harassment will be jialat. Might as well block their numbers, close the account, invest the money in CCTV at Sim Lim Square, report police.

Buy popcorn and get ready for some horror movie marathon

Last edited:

25chic

Reaction score
Update: One of the Ah Longs have used my old WhatsApp display pic as his new photo. Got an update from my friend who informed me about this. These AL all work in syndicates one, the one who used my photo wasn't the one who I owed any money to. Just be aware of this when you decide to run AL, your photos may be used - so don't use photos showing your face fully or showing your family members as well. Change it to something more generic and they won't be able to use it against you.

That's true....they've asked me before why I didn't display any pic....thank god I didn't put up any personal pic before....do check your other apps as well....remove all personal display pics.

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I was going through the posts over the past few days.. Would like to mention that i am someone going through similar situations currently...

The harassment started last week with the usual threats and videos but stopped for awhile.
It resumed yesterday when my office was called and i managed to speak to my boss regarding what happened and showed them the Police Report made on Saturday.
Its still a mental torture as i dunno what to expect next.
However, an advice given to me was, to track down all the times they call you from their Private Number... Let them keep calling, u talk for a while and hang up. Let them call a few more times, before you pick up again. Then give the police the details, i.e. 26 Private number calls from 1 pm - 1.40 pm to my number (812******).
With this, they will be able to pin point the number / location with the help of the telcos.

Just tot it may help.

This is day 4 for me.
And im not gonna give in to their demands.

How much you borrow ?
How many AL ?

Domino1904

Reaction score
1 AL.

But was cleared sometime back.

Sometime back auto deposit into my acct without my knowledge. Then a week later he called and said that i took a loan and was due that day. When i said i did not take any loan, he sent me a receipt of the deposit.

And indeed he did.
So i asked how much to clear, he said 600 for a 400 loan. or 150 to defer. I just said id clear and went on to trf the 600.
After trf, he replied :ACCT JAM ACCT JAM! DONT TRF FIRST."
But ialready did.
He then told me to get the bank to undo the trf and tht he will give me another acct for me to trf another 600.
I went to the bank to do so but cudnt.
He then said he will let me defer for a week for 150 then clear the next week at 600.
I was fooled time and time again.
In total i trf 1400 for a measly 400 tht i didnt even ask for.

Then went quiet for a while, last week claim tht there is a balance of 400. And if delay the interest will accumulate.

Told him to meet me personally to get it.
And thts how it all started....

lesnar88

Reaction score
1 AL.

Sometime back auto deposit into my acct without my knowledge. Then a week later he called and said that i took a loan and was due that day. When i said i did not take any loan, he sent me a receipt of the deposit.

And indeed he did.
So i asked how much to clear, he said 600 for a 400 loan. or 150 to defer. I just said id clear and went on to trf the 600.
But ialready did.
He then told me to get the bank to undo the trf and tht he will give me another acct for me to trf another 600.
He then said he will let me defer for a week for 150 then clear the next week at 600.

Then went quiet for a while, last week claim tht there is a balance of 400. And if delay the interest will accumulate.

Will just snowball if you become his slave. Might as well if he transfer you again, you take money run.

You should read this thread from page 1. Write down notes, save us from typing

khunjuno

Reaction score
1 AL.

And indeed he did.
But ialready did.

As with all UML AL, their biggest power is that they know all of your NRIC details and the phone numbers of your most vulnerable contacts (workplace and NOK). You did the right thing by informing your work place, you should inform your NOK too. After that, they don’t have much leverage on you already. The most they’ll do is burn your door or splash paint on your house.

But if you think about it... that’s much better than being extorted and scammed of your hard earned money forever. So bite the bullet, set up CCTV, block their numbers, change phone number if necessary, and hold the fort. (HODOR!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.