Getting a nursing degree with GPA 2

mchicken23

Reaction score
I graduated with a diploma in nursing with 2.5 GPA. Well
I did not really study until midway of the course, i regretted but then its too late.
seems like all uni only accepts student with at least 3.0GPA
Will I still be able to get a degree with honours?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With your GPA result, I don't think you can enter NUS or even consider SIT-University of Glasgow for Nursing Degree.

You can consider for PCP for Registered Nurses (Degree) for NUS Nursing Degree or distance learning degree from PEIs.

I graduated with a diploma in nursing with 2.5 GPA. Well
I did not really study until midway of the course, i regretted but then its too late.
seems like all uni only accepts student with at least 3.0GPA
Will I still be able to get a degree with honours?

mchicken23

Reaction score
With your GPA result, I don't think you can enter NUS or even consider SIT-University of Glasgow for Nursing Degree.

You can consider for PCP for Registered Nurses (Degree) for NUS Nursing Degree or distance learning degree from PEIs.

Hi thanks for replying,
Isn’t the PCP programmes for people who wants to convert to nursing. Me already having a diploma means it’s not part of their requirement right?

I went to do some research and it looks like my only path is SIM Nursing. It’s part time and I won’t have a job soon cos of serving NS. But then it’s gonna take like 4 years and a lump sum of money to get both the degree with honours.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks for replying,
Isn’t the PCP programmes for people who wants to convert to nursing. Me already having a diploma means it’s not part of their requirement right?

I only know Polytechnic Diploma holder in other major with expired EN licence (and Nitec in Nursing) can apply for PCP-RN (Diploma).

You may want to check with WSQ for more information since 1st batch just started this year for PCP-RN (Degree) which mean most likely no one here can answer you this question.

I went to do some research and it looks like my only path is SIM Nursing. It’s part time and I won’t have a job soon cos of serving NS. But then it’s gonna take like 4 years and a lump sum of money to get both the degree with honours.

To get a Bachelor Degree (Nursing) from SIM, you only needs 2 years.

Getting a Honours Degree (Nursing) from SIM, is just a waste of time and money since it does not help you in anything. You also needs good result to study for Honours Degree (Nursing) from SIM if I am not wrong.

Apart from SIM, there are also a lot of private schools offering Nursing Degree recognized by SNB. I always feel SIM courses are overcharges, so do check it out other private schools.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.