Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

blessed grace

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post. I owe 5 loan sharks and now am stuck coz I can't keep up with the repayments. The biggest I owe is $3k from one of them. Since I'm stuck & unable to repay, they asked me to open up an account or work for them which I definitely not going to do. I'm afraid they will come to my house and my family doesn't know about it. Please advise if I should go report police quickly as now that I refuse to "work" for them or open a new bank account, they have started to scream profanities and threatens to burn my house etc. I screwed up and loan from them and now really regret it. Please share your advise on my next steps.
call blessed grace social for help

Gamestop1

Master Member
Reaction score
My LS sent me video of a unit he splashed the paint, with the number on the note. (He used the same number to call me) Then he use photo collage do up my full info, with my face and all and sent me via Whatsapp. He also dare me that he can play me out until i go to Jail LOL.

He did all these is to cast fear into me which apparently will not work on me. As you know a poor man has nothing to lose. Im gonna sit tight and wait whoever is coming..... I have joined the neighbourhood Police Watch also.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
My LS sent me video of a unit he splashed the paint, with the number on the note. (He used the same number to call me) Then he use photo collage do up my full info, with my face and all and sent me via Whatsapp. He also dare me that he can play me out until i go to Jail LOL.

He did all these is to cast fear into me which apparently will not work on me. As you know a poor man has nothing to lose. Im gonna sit tight and wait whoever is coming..... I have joined the neighbourhood Police Watch also.

Ya...when u are a poor man then nothing will scare u...I been tru that too.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

Yr Al style like mine too.hahaa

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score

as-loanshark-2505.jpg

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment could be jailed for up to five years, fined a minimum of $5,000 and up to $50,000, and caned between three and six strokes.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...o-allegedly-set-door-of-hdb-flat-on-fire-back
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...een-arrested-for-alleged-loanshark-harassment

Last edited:

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Then you send him back the photo and videos below.

as-loanshark-2505.jpg

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment could be jailed for up to five years, fined a minimum of $5,000 and up to $50,000, and caned between three and six strokes.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...o-allegedly-set-door-of-hdb-flat-on-fire-back
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...een-arrested-for-alleged-loanshark-harassment

Send them also no use..only runner got caught la. Scam their money better.singapre is using rottan not cane la bro..hahah

Bobohuhu

Reaction score
Send them also no use..only runner got caught la. Scam their money better.singapre is using rottan not cane la bro..hahah

They not scare ah see these video?? Haiyo. Yesterday nite i go npc to make report but the officer say no need cos my bro already makr report. Police will look out for this AL. Then i ask if they call again how? Should I answer? The officer said just answer and if i hear their voice, put down the phone. cos smtimes io also call us using private number to check on everything. Then nite time 2 missed call. Unknown and private number. I scare le..😣

khunjuno

Reaction score
They not scare ah see these video?? Haiyo. Yesterday nite i go npc to make report but the officer say no need cos my bro already makr report. Police will look out for this AL. Then i ask if they call again how? Should I answer? The officer said just answer and if i hear their voice, put down the phone. cos smtimes io also call us using private number to check on everything. Then nite time 2 missed call. Unknown and private number. I scare le..😣

Why bother to answer their call? Just change phone number if you can. Peace of mind.

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score

see the above video, how fierce is the runner can be ?
only runner in Singapore go to your house, loan shark don't dare come to your house one.
don't believe me, challenge the ah long meet you one to one.
so many people had tried that. :s13:

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

They scare la tat y they hide ma.make use of those debtor turn runner to do the dirty job for them..

khunjuno

Reaction score

They probably hire students because they know the law might be more lenient to minors. Also, students probably easier to bluff because they don’t know the consequences of their actions. Plus, $250/day? Sure underpay them in terms of market rate hahah. Splash 5 unit pay them $250. If ask debtor to do, splash 5 unit probably at least $1000. AL also know their maths, choose cheaper source of labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.