Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask you all for advice. My parent's HDB flat structure a bit unique has two living rooms, so we have two TV too. We are still using analogue TV for both living rooms. How would you advise me to fully utilize whatever gadgets I may need? Btw, we don't subscribe to cable tv at home, so we don't have mio and starhub box.

Thanks

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Any pro can help. Thank you so much.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I need your advice on my best option for my case as follows:

- Owns 2 Digital Ready TVs at home (i.e. don't need any STBs)
- Staying in Choa Chu Kang area (wish to receive Indo and Msia channels if possible)
- I prefer passive indoor antennas (no need power source) over active ones, if 4 outlets only provide active ones then bo bian active lor

I need to get 2 x indoor antennas only, and I'm definitely going for redemption at the 4 outlets with the $100 vouchers.

Questions
1) Can advise which models should I be getting, in order to maximize my $100 voucher without topping up too much?

2) So for Indo and Msia channels, as long as I do a manual/auto tuning of the channel signals, if able to get means able to get, can't means can't, no other steps to do?

3) Can the $100 redeem 2 x antennas or can only redeem 1??

$100 letter can exchange for 2 or 3 good active antenna.

If you want passive antenna, buy online from lazada or ebay, it is only $2-$3 each.

redglue23

Reaction score
K2 Remote Control Issues

For those who were concerned with the remote control issue of the K2 DVB-T2 boxes. They changed the remote control model 3 months ago.

The old problematic one looks like this below

0ZfsfUO.jpg

The new one (hopefully better) looks like this below

e5dd3965-5d26-4e4c-accd-ed28be09b693.jpg

Referenced the previous IV thread below:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/110883057-post1122.html

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, will have situations both living room's TV will be in use but watching different channels.

Then you have to get two digital TV set top box for the two TVs, since both are analogue.

Did you receive the DTV Starter Kit? If yes, you can redeem the set top box+antenna for one of your TV. The another TV can consider getting the cheap China K2 set top box.
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/2018-MODEL-MINI-DVB-T2-DIGITAL-TV-BOX-SINGAPORE-RECEIVER-DIGITAL/554033074

petetherock

Reaction score
Any pro can help. Thank you so much.

You can either have two set top boxes / user component or analogue video out for one set and HDMI for the other / user a HDMI splitter.
But you will end up watch the same channel unless you use two boxes.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then you have to get two digital TV set top box for the two TVs, since both are analogue.

Did you receive the DTV Starter Kit? If yes, you can redeem the set top box+antenna for one of your TV. The another TV can consider getting the cheap China K2 set top box.
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/2018-MODEL-MINI-DVB-T2-DIGITAL-TV-BOX-SINGAPORE-RECEIVER-DIGITAL/554033074
You can either have two set top boxes / user component or analogue video out for one set and HDMI for the other / user a HDMI splitter.
But you will end up watch the same channel unless you use two boxes.

Thanks for the amazing details. My family has been using the big fat analogue TV so I completely clueless.
Comparing an analogue TV + digital box + antenna vs digital TV + antenna. Which is a better option?
Because if the digital TV option is better clearer, then I may as well buy two new TVs. I won't need big ones, 32" will do.

Thanks guys. :)

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the amazing details. My family has been using the big fat analogue TV so I completely clueless.
Comparing an analogue TV + digital box + antenna vs digital TV + antenna. Which is a better option?
Because if the digital TV option is better clearer, then I may as well buy two new TVs. I won't need big ones, 32" will do.

Thanks guys. :)

You can take this time now to change the old CRT analogue TV to a flatscreen digital TV, saves electricity and also clearer HD pictures too. :s12:

There are a few 32" TV on sale, brands include Philips, Samsung, LG and Sony.

hotpick

Reaction score
Try go through the TV and box audio options. Off anything that give audio boost.

Tried all TV and box audio related option but still get the annoying buzzing sound. Only when selected the "undefined" audio instead of "English or Chinese" audio of each digital channel from the setup box sound option, the buzzing sound reduced a bit but quite significant especially for end sound like "s", "c" which turn to like "sss", "ccc" - could it be the audio format decoding issue?

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can take this time now to change the old CRT analogue TV to a flatscreen digital TV, saves electricity and also clearer HD pictures too. :s12:

There are a few 32" TV on sale, brands include Philips, Samsung, LG and Sony.

or use the letter get 2 antennas and buy 2 of those aoc/tcl 50s...........

kssk88

Reaction score
For those who were concerned with the remote control issue of the K2 DVB-T2 boxes. They changed the remote control model 3 months ago.

The new one (hopefully better) looks like this below

e5dd3965-5d26-4e4c-accd-ed28be09b693.jpg

I just got this "type B' remote and it comes with no instruction manual or any note.
No idea how to set it up. Pressing Power with OK shows no light.

Anyone knows ?

-edit: I look closer, the new one I received the buttons assignments are 90%
similar to K2 std although the overall outlook is "typeB'. So is actually
not exactly same as any of the 3 pictures....

Last edited:

syak_88

Reaction score
Courts Somerset just restocked the NMS box funke 250 and 5.1

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Blindaim

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried all TV and box audio related option but still get the annoying buzzing sound. Only when selected the "undefined" audio instead of "English or Chinese" audio of each digital channel from the setup box sound option, the buzzing sound reduced a bit but quite significant especially for end sound like "s", "c" which turn to like "sss", "ccc" - could it be the audio format decoding issue?

Your box is providing power to antenna? Might be grounding problem. Try to find the option to turn the antenna power off but antenna remain plugged in.

hotpick

Reaction score
Your box is providing power to antenna? Might be grounding problem. Try to find the option to turn the antenna power off but antenna remain plugged in.

The option of "power on" antenna in the box was turned off indeed..still no luck.

suuhhc

Reaction score
The option of "power on" antenna in the box was turned off indeed..still no luck.
Have u try playing with the Digital Audio output setting of your STB? Check if you can select another option, mine got LPCM & BS option.

If possible, borrow another brand of STB from friend/relative and see if problem still persist. Lastly contact Hyundai for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.