The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkjames

Reaction score
Hi watch expert! Sorry to ask, but i was wondering if you guys can recommend me a pair of couple watch which have the following:

open-heart, clean, automatic, looks almost identical

i did some research and found these pair, 'Orient AG02005W' & 'Orient DB0A005W', somehow it looks identical (haha!). Im still looking for more option/opinion. Thanks ^^!

Last edited:

snowver

Reaction score
TISSOT LADY HEART POWERMATIC 80
Item number T0502071705104

TISSOT TRADITION POWERMATIC 80 OPEN HEART
Item number T0639071605800

Hi watch expert! Sorry to ask, but i was wondering if you guys can recommend me a pair of couple watch which have the following:

open-heart, clean, automatic, looks almost identical

i did some research and found these pair, 'Orient AG02005W' & 'Orient DB0A005W', somehow it looks identical (haha!). Im still looking for more option/opinion. Thanks ^^!

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Starting the weekend early. Have a smashing one ahead everyone!

o755AwS.jpg

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
F48nEEO.jpg

Speedy start to the weekend. Sold my Boldr meteorite to partially fund this but I guess I’ve got another piece of space on my wrist now. :)

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
F48nEEO.jpg

Speedy start to the weekend. Sold my Boldr meteorite to partially fund this but I guess I’ve got another piece of space on my wrist now. :)

Damn nice on you bro. Congrats on adding a legendary icon to your collection! :s12:

Nivla99

Reaction score
are speedmaster reduced as good as the professional ones? wrist size is only 6.5". wearing the professional seems to big on my wrist yet

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

DiCaprio

Reaction score
are speedmaster reduced as good as the professional ones? wrist size is only 6.5". wearing the professional seems to big on my wrist yet

Paging for cyrenic lol

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pro should be ok unless lug to lug you cannot tank. 6” wrist here looks fine. But heng my wrist is flat. :)

I personally feel that the reduced is a good watch but you gotta be clear what you want. If you’re using the reduced as a substitute when you really want the Pro, cut the loss of selling the reduced and buy the Pro right away.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pro should be ok unless lug to lug you cannot tank. 6” wrist here looks fine. But heng my wrist is flat. :)

I personally feel that the reduced is a good watch but you gotta be clear what you want. If you’re using the reduced as a substitute when you really want the Pro, cut the loss of selling the reduced and buy the Pro right away.

Do also note the technically there is "2" movement (Chrono module) for the reduce, so servicing is not that cheap or straight forward.. do correct me if I am wrong.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do also note the technically there is "2" movement (Chrono module) for the reduce, so servicing is not that cheap or straight forward.. do correct me if I am wrong.
It’s more that most independent places do not want to service the reduced’s chrono module or something, think it’s a pain to dissemble.

But well, if you’re rich and want to service at Omega, they will do it for you at the same price that they charge for the Pro. Some people cannot stomach this as the servicing will then be ~50% of second hand prices.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Golden day...

Bro, if you can't find, the guy I bought my MM300 hands from is here:

https://sg.carousell.com/damonz

I'm sure you can find it somewhere in the corners of taobao for cheaper as I know he took it out from a China shipping box, but I honestly couldn't be bothered to dig through. On the bright side, the copy of hands I got had even and decent lume.

I suspect it's the same hands they use on the Sharkey MM300s that have green lume.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's the way the cookie crumbles?

so what makes you go up to AP straight up if its your first watch purchase?

have you done your research?

because many watch owners/lovers/enthusiast don't just go up to AP straight up.

wanna know what makes you do so

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

to me they're a waste of time. Why, because they're based on val 7750 movement. so basically you're buying the omega branding.

go for the speedy pro, why cause cal 1861. at least its omega in house movement.
not the same movement as cal 321 or 861 but at least it stays true to the omega moon conquest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.