SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Sadist4life

Reaction score
My guess is can.

I also passed RT-IPPT on 14th RT session. But I did not go for the remaining sessions, and went to manually cancel the RT sessions in the system.

Since the system does not automatically cancel the RT sessions when one passes RT-IPPT that promptly, my guess is should be able to still go.

But not sure also, cos the system also auto sms me to inform me that I have cleared my RT liabilities.

So you try and let us know. Keep the RT sessions in the system, and don't cancel them. If you are still getting the SMS reminders to go for the RT sessions, then I believe that means still can go.

Yes, the SMS notification still came in for the remaining RT sessions.
I had contacted NS Hotline and they said it is okay to ignore the remaining sessions.

Anyway, I am more concerned about doing one more IPPT to try for the incentive than the RT sessions.

Last edited:

almondNeo

Reaction score
Yes, the SMS notification still came in for the remaining RT sessions.
I had contacted NS Hotline and they said it is okay to ignore the remaining sessions.

Anyway, I am more concerned about doing one more IPPT to try for the incentive than the RT sessions.

If you had passed your RT-IPPT on the 8th or 14th session, do allow the system some time to update your window status to RT completed. After that, your option to book non-ICT IPPT will be open.

-yinyang

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask! Sorry if it’s not!
But may I know how long is the programme on the day of enlistment for visitors? My brother will be enlisting at 8am hence by what time will guests be back to Pasir Ris?

Thank you so much for your help! Appreciate it :)!

Sadist4life

Reaction score
If you had passed your RT-IPPT on the 8th or 14th session, do allow the system some time to update your window status to RT completed. After that, your option to book non-ICT IPPT will be open.

I see. It's already updated and there's an option to book IPPT. However, I can only book 1 slot. Is this normal? My RT window only closes in October.

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. It's already updated and there's an option to book IPPT. However, I can only book 1 slot. Is this normal? My RT window only closes in October.
IPPT can book multiple de meh?

Book once, if pass, no need to book again, if fail, then book again.

justme

Reaction score
for ippt at safra, punggol safra

after our test will we be given a physical hard copy of our results like fcc ippt?

anybody knows?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Camps used for IPPT/RT/IPT for reservists confirm use machines.

I think most if not all camps used for ICT now have the new machines also..

Anyone able to give a review of using machines vs. PTIs themselves?

Only a few years ago, many of my friends complain about the PTIs being very niao about push-up standard.

After the machines were in place, they are all dying to have the PTIs back.

busybeeman

Reaction score
Hello bros,

So I failed my IPPT last year and did not go for the 19 RT sessions. My closing window is next month.

I'm working in the media industry so i've been super super swarmed with work, OT almost everyday completely forgotten about going for RT.

Will I face any serious charges if I get called to CMPB because they might assume I did not make any effort to complete my RT at all? This is my first time if I do get charged.

Please help!

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello bros,

So I failed my IPPT last year and did not go for the 19 RT sessions. My closing window is next month.

I'm working in the media industry so i've been super super swarmed with work, OT almost everyday completely forgotten about going for RT.

Will I face any serious charges if I get called to CMPB because they might assume I did not make any effort to complete my RT at all? This is my first time if I do get charged.

Please help!
First time will be warning. When they charge you first time, can be at CMPB, or at your unit camp, or during ICT if there is an upcoming ICT.

So far, I have never heard of people kenna first charge and fined. But kenna fine is the worst case scenario for first time charge. Unless you really go and shoot back at them gaolat gaolat. If you do that, you will confirm hong gan gao gao.

If you get called to CMPB, its also not confirmed that you definitely will get fined. I went CMPB before to answer charge, no fine. But basically, your fate is in the hands of the officer-in-charge. If you show guai lan face and talk back, then of course kena fine or worse is a possibility.

Now, after clearing the first charge, its up to you liao. If you bochup again the next year or two, of course, be prepared to face charge again and kenna fined again.

If you don't want to give $ to SAF, then you must plan your RT now.

If you are totally CMI case, confirm cannot pass on the 8th or 14th RT session, that means you have to go for the full 20 RT sessions. Well, actually its 17 RT and 3 RT-IPPT (8th,14th,20th).

Lets say you go for the full 20 sessions. If you go once every weekend, you clear your IPPT liabilities in 20 weeks. If you can squeeze out 1 weekday, then you clear in 10 weeks.

If you are getting up there in age, and very long never do exercise, never even go kick football or play bball, then I sincerely advise you to do some light workouts at home, since right now, you may not be able to book RT sessions, until you finish the charge process.

Just do like 5-10 pumping. Or wake up on weekend, do like 10 minute jogging before you jiak breakfast. This is to slowly work your body into some physical shape. Thus, you reduce the risk of injury. If you suddenly do RT exercise, can get injured de.

Moi tio injury during RT. Heng, I had enough time to recover, before continuing RT and passing on the 14th RT-IPPT.

Ownself should ownself know own body. So take care always, think safety always.

Yes, starting the RT process is super duper sian and marhuan, and really throws a kink into your schedule. Everyone knows. The only hard part is clearing your work schedule enough to start. Once you start, its very easy liao. You basically can just show face at RT, go through the motions can liao.

If you want to quickly pass and avoid going more RT sessions, then of course you will have to put in effort.

After you clear RT, can consider the IPT process, since its much shorter, only 10 sessions niah.

RT or IPT, you still get paid. So it helps cover public transport (plus makan) totally or partially helps cover fuel costs if taking motorbike or car.

Haiz, what to do? Born in SG ish like that de. NS for sinkies, jobs for FTs.

Good luck on your charge.

frozenjw

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm in the midst of clearing 19 RT sessions.
I have already taken one RT-IPPT on the 8th session of RT.
When I tried to book the 14th session of RT, the system does not state the session as RT-IPPT.
I would like to check when would the next RT-IPPT session be held?

The system does state that "Your last RT session should be scheduled on a date with IPPT.".
So does this mean that the 19th session of RT is RT-IPPT, and not the 14th session?

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I tried to book the 14th session of RT, the system does not state the session as RT-IPPT.

The system does state that "Your last RT session should be scheduled on a date with IPPT.".
So does this mean that the 19th session of RT is RT-IPPT, and not the 14th session?
System issue bah. I remember it was the same case for me this year. Then I checked back again and the RT-IPPT status showed.

As long as the system has clocked all your RT sessions properly, then no fear. Any issue, just tell the people in charge. If they see in the system its the 14th session for you, they will allow you to register at the IPPT queue.

Pikapok

Reaction score

Only a few years ago, many of my friends complain about the PTIs being very niao about push-up standard.

I think the PTI is stricter than the machine.

Gabriel_23

Banned
Reaction score
Just went ippt at maju, machines no issue everything went very smoothly

coffeetea88

Reaction score
RT-IPPT

Hi guys,
for spf pnsmen RT-IPPT session is follow the 8th ,14th and 20th sessions right??? i have attended my 7th RT session , but ns portal still state that i am ineligible to book rt-ippt for my 8th session?? :s11:

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys,
for spf pnsmen RT-IPPT session is follow the 8th ,14th and 20th sessions right??? i have attended my 7th RT session , but ns portal still state that i am ineligible to book rt-ippt for my 8th session?? :s11:

your attendance for the 7th RT will only be updated in the system about 3-4 days. Only afterwhich you will be allowed to book for RT-IPPT

sakuragi14

Master Member
Reaction score

I got tis issue too..i attended 19/19.. and when i took my 19th session..the outpro slip showed next session is ippt..but i cant book any ippt or rt-ippt in the portal..my window is closing in 2weeks times. Anyone encounter this issue before?

spiderman33

Reaction score
I got tis issue too..i attended 19/19.. and when i took my 19th session..the outpro slip showed next session is ippt..but i cant book any ippt or rt-ippt in the portal..my window is closing in 2weeks times. Anyone encounter this issue before?

Pls ignore the message on the out pro slip as you have completed your RT (20 - 1). 1 is the Non ICT IPPT session that you taken and failed on your last window. However, you must have attempted 1 x RT IPPT either on the 8 or 14 session to fulfil the RT requirement ( at least 1 RT IPPT within the RT window).

sakuragi14

Master Member
Reaction score
Pls ignore the message on the out pro slip as you have completed your RT (20 - 1). 1 is the Non ICT IPPT session that you taken and failed on your last window. However, you must have attempted 1 x RT IPPT either on the 8 or 14 session to fulfil the RT requirement ( at least 1 RT IPPT within the RT window).
Thanks spiddy for clarification. I received this msg from mindef

(Fm: MINDEF) Please be informed that you have fulfilled your RT requirement for this window. Please continue to stay fit.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.