Reaction score
Spinnaker Bradner
29811133778_d856dd90a5_h.jpg

42778022005_797b0efcfe_h.jpg

wah .. u really fast leg fast hand … congrats :s12:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, proportion is standard, just that the watch is expensive so absolute sum involved is also high. :)

Maybe in the future. I quite like the looks of the Reverso.

Rolex servicing also about 1k.
The pain of luxury watches.
Pray your watches don't spoil.
If not no need service lol

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rolex servicing also about 1k.
The pain of luxury watches.
Pray your watches don't spoil.
If not no need service lol

Oh is it? I know Omega charge about $950 for Speedy. :s22::s22:

I guess can bring to outside people like Mr Goh, might be cheaper..

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh is it? I know Omega charge about $950 for Speedy. :s22::s22:

I guess can bring to outside people like Mr Goh, might be cheaper..

From what I heard for speedy pro is also 4digit because it's a chrono

Mr goh usually very selective of the watches he service one.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why never buy as your first watch if value retention is your first consideration when it comes to timepiece?

Rolex wins AP and PP in value retention.

Rolex in Milan in Dec 17 was more dry than both Ap and Pp.. For walk ins, they didnt even have a milguass i think... subs were a pipe dream.. So the lovely, glimmery RO got itself shifted up to the toppa the list!

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The real steal was the 7118 white dial at SRP because shortly after, pp raised prices and greys raised prices even more.. it suddenly became a super hot item when previously it was a model one could get a discount on.. the 5711 craze is just insane..

My biggest regret was not snapping up a black dial 5960 in SS. Released in 2017, stopped production in 2017. PP in a nutshell. Nutters.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Satki statement.

Got balls to go for the one of highest end as your first.

Not many will go your route. Never really enjoy the path to "heaven".
It's your choice so good for you. Just wondering why you choose ap as your first.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Satki statement.

It's your choice so good for you. Just wondering why you choose ap as your first.

It really, really is due to the octogonia shape of the watch.

been collecting SG$1 as in 1 dollar coins since young. I got a milo tin full of those. Because of the shape. Its a “bagua”. lucky charm.

to be lucky, one has to chase luck to an extent.. the placebos we place in our subconscious sometimes can have gradual, transformative effects on our lives..

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Satki statement.

I think its more like a statement for him than it is an appreciation of the watches and its many designs, functions and most importantly (to me), its history.

Different strokes for different folks.

BallGag

Reaction score
My first was a Calatrava when I was 23/24. There was a Bvlgari Chrono that I got sometime when I was 21, but I'll always consider the Calatrava my first "real" watch. My next watch was a Skx007, and I've come to realize that this hobby really isn't for me and I'm just vain and will go for what I think looks the best on my wrist; movement, heritage and other intricacies be damned.

Last edited:

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My first was a Calatrava when I was 23/24. There was a Bvlgari Chrono that I got sometime when I was 21, but I'll always consider the Calatrava my first "real" watch. My next watch was a Skx007, and I've come to realize that this hobby really isn't for me and I'm just vain and will go for I think looks the best on my wrist; movement, heritage and other intricacies be damned.

Nothing wrong... you buy what you like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.