Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

niap05

Reaction score
If comparing the late dinner @ $50 nett vs the normal dinner, i feel the late dinner more worth it. They still replenish the food fast. Spread is the same. Only thing is towards 10pm, if the food is still got some leftover, then they will not prepare a new batch if it does not run out. Also, due to less ppl eating, the turnover of food is much slower, whereas during peak hour, the chefs will keep cooking up new batches. Then again, the late dinner is cheaper n also less ppl, so each got pros and cons.

As for the buffet wise, edge's spread is always good, but I dun really like any particular item there (other than the rum soft choc). Other words, nice spread but no outstanding items. Their alaskan king crab legs can be quite nice, but its hit n misses. The ones we had were lousy the first round, n okay the 2nd round.

Thank you for the informative reply!! :)

angeline1206

Reaction score
KBBQ

Hi
Anyone knows which KBBQ buffet is good in the west? Friend coming to sg want to bring friend to kbbq buffet but doesn't eat pork.. So looking for one that has good beef and chicken one... If not west, central also can ah. Just somewhere near mrt can alr.. Price wise im ok but dont need like super high end that kind lah. Or maybe just bbq in general?? Like japanese one also ok lah haha..
Thanks in advance.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi
Anyone knows which KBBQ buffet is good in the west? Friend coming to sg want to bring friend to kbbq buffet but doesn't eat pork.. So looking for one that has good beef and chicken one... If not west, central also can ah. Just somewhere near mrt can alr.. Price wise im ok but dont need like super high end that kind lah. Or maybe just bbq in general?? Like japanese one also ok lah haha..
Thanks in advance.

Westmall. I boycott it cos no pork. Blasphemy to me.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If comparing the late dinner @ $50 nett vs the normal dinner, i feel the late dinner more worth it. They still replenish the food fast. Spread is the same. Only thing is towards 10pm, if the food is still got some leftover, then they will not prepare a new batch if it does not run out. Also, due to less ppl eating, the turnover of food is much slower, whereas during peak hour, the chefs will keep cooking up new batches. Then again, the late dinner is cheaper n also less ppl, so each got pros and cons.

As for the buffet wise, edge's spread is always good, but I dun really like any particular item there (other than the rum soft choc). Other words, nice spread but no outstanding items. Their alaskan king crab legs can be quite nice, but its hit n misses. The ones we had were lousy the first round, n okay the 2nd round.

This one cannot postpone, but we're going again in Aug.

Haha! I always go about 8ish. They put me outside. But nv bothered if u take early abit. Its quite worth it. Seafoodnu can ask the person take new one if they free. Sadly salmom belly always no more.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks in advance.

Can consider the following :-

Shaburi & Kintan @ JEM - Pricier but better quality beef,
Oppa @ Jcube
Daessiksin @ Bugis+
I'm Kim @ SOTA - quite big variety

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chinese ala carte buffet @ Peach Garden Miramar ...

Went for dinner there last nite n its pretty good. Most of the dishes at least avg and some are pretty good. Liked their roasted pork, beef brisket, fried soon hock (still unlimited!), wasabi prawns, steamed pa tin fish, black pepper beef, kurobuta pork, coconut thingy dessert, steamed prawns (tad overcooked but fresh) n pork ribs (tad sweet but tender).

Very good price too w 50% discount. Depending on whether you order tea, wet towels, pickles/peanuts etc, was abt low $30 per pax nett.

Full house even on a wed nite. So can be a bit slow in serving though. Service is good n friendly. Portions tend to be big wor, so when they served, we asked for the portions to be halved and they took back the dishes and removed half. Lucky they okay to do so, else i'll die. Coz i forgot my sis n her family dun eat pork, so i virtually have to whack the roasted pork, pork ribs n kurobuta pork on my own. Just those 3 dishes n i almost KOed liao :o

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks in advance.

Is ur fren ok with cooking pork separately or at a corner of the grille? There aint many choices without pork, coz not many will go either TBH. Sure go out of business soon.

My malay fren also ok with this arrangement and i separate the thongs used for pork and beef/chicken.

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is ur fren ok with cooking pork separately or at a corner of the grille? There aint many choices without pork, coz not many will go either TBH. Sure go out of business soon.

My malay fren also ok with this arrangement and i separate the thongs used for pork and beef/chicken.

He's already quite liberal. Those who are very fundamentalistic, they will not eat at any place that does not have a MUIS halal certificate. Say, you bring them to a vegetarian restaurant where there is not only no pork, but no meat of whatever kind, only vegetables, grains, nuts, mushrooms, wheat, fruits and such, they would still not go because there is no halal certificate.

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score

Oppa @ Jcube
Daessiksin @ Bugis+

To add on k.cook @ Westgate - comes with both BBQ and steamboat. Choice to add on decent beef/pork jowl at 20 bucks more iirc

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want halal bbq buffet, i only know seoul garden. They have quite a few branches, can check from their website. But the meat quality really cannot compare to those kbbq above imo.

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Went for dinner there last nite n its pretty good. Most of the dishes at least avg and some are pretty good. Liked their roasted pork, beef brisket, fried soon hock (still unlimited!), wasabi prawns, steamed pa tin fish, black pepper beef, kurobuta pork, coconut thingy dessert, steamed prawns (tad overcooked but fresh) n pork ribs (tad sweet but tender).

Very good price too w 50% discount. Depending on whether you order tea, wet towels, pickles/peanuts etc, was abt low $30 per pax nett.

Full house even on a wed nite. So can be a bit slow in serving though. Service is good n friendly. Portions tend to be big wor, so when they served, we asked for the portions to be halved and they took back the dishes and removed half. Lucky they okay to do so, else i'll die. Coz i forgot my sis n her family dun eat pork, so i virtually have to whack the roasted pork, pork ribs n kurobuta pork on my own. Just those 3 dishes n i almost KOed liao :o

Yah their food not bad but have to wait quite long for the food if there's a banquet going on.

angeline1206

Reaction score
Westmall. I boycott it cos no pork. Blasphemy to me.

Oppa @ Jcube
Daessiksin @ Bugis+

To add on k.cook @ Westgate - comes with both BBQ and steamboat. Choice to add on decent beef/pork jowl at 20 bucks more iirc

Thanks all for the recommendation! Dont usually go for bbq cos I prefer hotpot hahaha... k.cook or oppa have more chicken-beef selection?

She's ok even if cooking pork on the same grill, she's not muslim or anything. Just that she is sensitive (like intolerance) to pork so she doesn't eat..:s22:

Last edited:

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Thanks all for the recommendation! Dont usually go for bbq cos I prefer hotpot hahaha... k.cook or oppa have more chicken-beef selection?

Not sure about oppa but like I said, k.cook has that add on. More beef selection from there though. Pork jowel is the only premium item.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I help u whack the pork

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

Clopixol

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone recently been to Intercontinental Hotel for their buffet? Used to be called "Olive Tree" serving Mediterranean Food.

How is it recently?

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows which buffet still has foie gras? The last one I went was Food Exchange but they have a different theme now.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows which buffet still has foie gras? The last one I went was Food Exchange but they have a different theme now.

Not sure if Osia in RWS still has it for their buffet lunch. Its not like those seafood buffet but the food selection is quite good and tasty as well. But cost like $60++ per pax.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.