Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie aka Ashley Ng

Reaction score
How's things on your friend's side? He read this thread from page 1 until the last page already?
He scared go police. But i have told him as long as he never work for them and borrower wont get into trouble.

I know he is scared his family and work will find out. But paying it every week and stressing about money also scary. Might as well use the money and invest on cctv

Sent from Sometimes A.K.A Jimmy using GAGT

khunjuno

Reaction score
He scared go police. But i have told him as long as he never work for them and borrower wont get into trouble.

I know he is scared his family and work will find out. But paying it every week and stressing about money also scary. Might as well use the money and invest on cctv

I can understand his feelings, because I struggled for a while before telling my family and work place too for fear of repercussions. But here's the thing : The ALs feed on our fear of embarrassment, fear of family members finding out, fear of harassment. If he doesn't do something to put a STOP to this, he will eventually be pressured into working for them.

There is NO EASY WAY OUT from an AL money lending trap. Either keep paying, which is the second most stupidest thing to do, or stop paying, go to the police, inform family members, inform work place, change phone numbers and endure the harassment.

Look at all of us who have made through it or are making through it. We all started by making a police report and letting our family and work place (or whoever's contact we gave them) know. Once we can clear the first hurdle, all this AL harassment will be meaningless because they cannot gain leverage over us any longer. We will be released from their control and what's the most they can do now that our family and work place are on our side? Splash paint? Go ahead, can clean up. Burn door? Go ahead, can change door. It is much much MUCH better than paying their stupid defer fees and being extorted by them time and time again.

He needs to clear his mental hurdle before he can do any of these. If he is comfortable and needs someone to talk after reading the whole thread thrice over, we can connect on WeChat or something and can talk anonymously. Let's help him through this.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

If he scare he will be sucked dry..even he earn 10k a mth also not enough to feed the sharks

Domino1904

Reaction score
After quiet for one month, my house got splashed n locked this afternoon around 2pm. Managed to capture the runner face. Hope police can catch him fast.

Quite brazen to have done it on a sunday afternoon...
And tht too after 1 month...

New tactic is for them to get new borrowers to head down to a debtors unit to obtain the loan from them.
In this way, new borrowers end up becoming the "Runner" and unknowingly harass the debtor...

Dunno how they get all these ideas...

Sharuu

Reaction score
I can understand his feelings, because I struggled for a while before telling my family and work place too for fear of repercussions. But here's the thing : The ALs feed on our fear of embarrassment, fear of family members finding out, fear of harassment. If he doesn't do something to put a STOP to this, he will eventually be pressured into working for them.

There is NO EASY WAY OUT from an AL money lending trap. Either keep paying, which is the second most stupidest thing to do, or stop paying, go to the police, inform family members, inform work place, change phone numbers and endure the harassment.

Look at all of us who have made through it or are making through it. We all started by making a police report and letting our family and work place (or whoever's contact we gave them) know. Once we can clear the first hurdle, all this AL harassment will be meaningless because they cannot gain leverage over us any longer. We will be released from their control and what's the most they can do now that our family and work place are on our side? Splash paint? Go ahead, can clean up. Burn door? Go ahead, can change door. It is much much MUCH better than paying their stupid defer fees and being extorted by them time and time again.

He needs to clear his mental hurdle before he can do any of these. If he is comfortable and needs someone to talk after reading the whole thread thrice over, we can connect on WeChat or something and can talk anonymously. Let's help him through this.

People charge money to tell you lot these things and you're getting it here for free.

You all better not be sitting there bitching about nobody helping you if you don't listen.

Eve1971

Reaction score
What yr loan AMT and how many ah long

For this AL, owe about 2k but having paying them deferment till about more than 5k. They refused to let me clear, said must one day in advance, no bank account, must pay 20 deferments which is company’s policy, all sorts of crabs which I felt enough is enough.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
For this AL, owe about 2k but having paying them deferment till about more than 5k. They refused to let me clear, said must one day in advance, no bank account, must pay 20 deferments which is company’s policy, all sorts of crabs which I felt enough is enough.
So u own only this Al issit.did he called u after he splash

Eve1971

Reaction score
So u own only this Al issit.did he called u after he splash

They tried to call me n NOK after the splash but police asked we all not to answer as they are trying their luck to talk to us n harass. In fact, I have another AL n police ask me not to pay anymore. How about your case after the splash? Did they still harass u?

Domino1904

Reaction score

Ass wipes just made 3k plus from you alone... wonder how much more they must have earned thru cheating...
Haiz...

Steer clear and ignore them.. place motion detector alarm and cctv outside ur hse... shud deter harassment...

khunjuno

Reaction score

20 deferments? LOL, that's ridiculous

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
They tried to call me n NOK after the splash but police asked we all not to answer as they are trying their luck to talk to us n harass. In fact, I have another AL n police ask me not to pay anymore. How about your case after the splash? Did they still harass u?

They called my neighbour tell them to be careful too..still sending love letters..how do they get yr nok contact

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Ass wipes just made 3k plus from you alone... wonder how much more they must have earned thru cheating...
Haiz...

Steer clear and ignore them.. place motion detector alarm and cctv outside ur hse... shud deter harassment...

They are blood suckers many poor borrow working their ass just to pay them..

khunjuno

Reaction score
Idk.but my neighbour gave the Al a good scolding...retired army warrant.lol

Heard of that before as well... Was at NPC making a report and suddenly got 3-4 different people all came in at the same time say that got AL call them to make threats and they are neighbours of the debtor. Strangely, the debtor himself don't know them and their contacts, but somehow the AL know. Anyone got any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.