Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stay punggol jin song. Morning if surge is surge gao gao.

Taken from my friend's fb. He complaining normal taxi fare boh lang take lol
naM3okk.jpg

Dfqwwau.jpg

jiak simi breakfast

faster chu chia

pic kope from taxi driver fb page

IVaKAM3.jpg

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
I stay Eunos... Wonder if its worth it to piak down to punggol 8am every morning...

Eunos ping alot in the morning. But most is sub par fare....

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hitch/choose fare to ubi or hougang lo in e morning.

then from there go sk/pg

but slumgol and slumkang jam in e morning is :o

I stay Eunos... Wonder if its worth it to piak down to punggol 8am every morning...

ezxs2me

Reaction score
Sengkang is good enuff. Don't venture into Punggol during morning peak. Difficult to get out onto highway.

Song38

Reaction score
Nowadays, that's the rate for NORMAL drive.
Grab driver's Net profit = $4/hour (unlucky) to $8/hour (lucky).

IF you count the Personal Income Tax and Medisave contribution, practically not much CASH left.

(So many times complaint to Grab quoting them, "Driver's Risky job, Worse than McDonald's worker $5 to $6/hour with CPF contribution, AWS, Bonus, medical benefits and annual leave. But got Car to drive.")

End of the Day, just drive lor...
Drivers are expendable, and insignificant to Grab. .
You don't drive, Grab still have many drivers to replace you.

Yes Grab can think this way, But when one day all driver don't drive Grab see how they can sustain the business, my advise is don't top up too much money inside the Grab account, later Kana liquidation like Obike your money is gone :s13:

We now have other option like TADA, Ryde, Taxi company and maybe more coming up... no Grab we still survive and Earth still rotating. :s12:

Song38

Reaction score

Bro this week you try liao let us know okay :s13:
because I feel price can surge but how many really action to book don't know?

If i have surge fare like this I guai guai go take BMW (Bus Mrt Walk) and give my boss a call today i will be late because not worth at all, my salary only peanuts leh... the fare more then my one day salary :s22:

Song38

Reaction score
One day all driver dont drive G.

Remember, u need G. No G, u die. Everyday, got new blood signing up...

You Grab supporter :s13:... but true also everyday ppl signing up and after awhile the new driver realized they working as cheap labor and slowly give up lolz...

last month if not wrong Grab giving the new driver Incentive for $2k per week, so to attract new driver.

But for me no Grab I still survive lah... for others I not sure... my take is option always open is what you choose and how you choose :s12::s12::s12:

Song38

Reaction score
Why naive
Let me tell yall
By now and future, yall shld know who the big boss.

Am in the scene since 2014.....

Yes the big boss business usually use investors money to run, throwing incentive and promotion to attract user and then creating bigger picture, bigger plan, bigger prospect, higher return ..... Then big boss will ask more money and more funding from bigger investor keep pump in money :s13::s13::s13: But if the company at the end cannot sustain who is the one that lost? i think is the people who buy the investor's share or the company's share.

For Sin Taxi Fare structure is calculated and decided by the Public Transport Council, how they come out this fare there must be many consideration and calculation behind. But the PHC come in and give cheaper fare, promo code and incentive this is only for short term and can't last forever.

i.e.As rider
last time i need pay $12 taxi but with promo I only need pay $7 so i tent to take more PHC, but when no promo i go back take bus/MRT. so the demand is not there actually.

Okay about fare $12 taxi vs $10 PHC, yes attracting more rider due to lower fare but driver is not making money because of higher running cost and commission so supply of driver not making $$$? Will there be supply? Last time got incentive driver can make money but without that really harder now.

Incentive and Promotion is coming from the business, which business can continue to burn money on both end and not make money?

So problem I feel, I think is the fare and commission calculating structure not very correct, in order to continue PHC business they must do something and not just throwing incentive to get new driver and don't care about current drivers.

Bro No offence to you, for above just sharing my thought as current part time driver and have few friends driving full time. i can be wrong also hahaha...:s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.