Ex poly holding A level cert

Fluttersky56

Reaction score
Hi all. I dropped out of poly and went to jc to take my A level. Sadly ,my results couldnt get me into a local uni even though I passed all my subjects.I wish to apply DAE next year using my A level cert since I am not eligible for JAE. what are the chances of success for someone who was an ex poly applying using A level cert?

Last edited:

tamarack15

Reaction score
I am not an ex poly student but I did use my A level results to apply for NP and SP during DAE phase this year, whereby my A level results weren’t good enough for local uni admission. I did the following 3 things: apply for NP and SP during DAE phase, apply for local uni, register for A level exams as private candidate. The first 2 options failed. I was rejected by NUS/NTU/SMU/NP/SP. SP is the worst, only sent me rejection email 2 weeks after school term had started. So now I am left with retaking my A level exams, which is just about 3+ months away. Nevertheless, I am going to apply for poly next year during JAE phase using my O level results, hopefully as a safety net in case I couldn’t make it to uni again.

tamarack15

Reaction score
SP
Creative Writing for Television and New Media
Applied Drama and Psychology
Digital Animation

Can’t exactly remember my NP choices but I remember Psychology as one of them.

FreddieBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
Enrolled into SP doing Part time business, wondering if able to get into local uni anot.. dun mind doing it part time as well

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.