Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino1904

Reaction score
What did u inquire? LOL

Can they know where we live also? I mean if we leave diffrent hse frm borrow?

Hahaha... i inquire to mess around with them...

They will know if you actually own a property and u give them ur singpass details...
Otherwise they wont know...

lesnar88

Reaction score
For this AL, owe about 2k but having paying them deferment till about more than 5k. They refused to let me clear, said must one day in advance, no bank account, must pay 20 deferments which is company’s policy, all sorts of crabs which I felt enough is enough.

Pay until $5k+

$5k - $2k = $3k for the AL to play with harassment. They just need to find a few willing debtors bodoh enough to splash paint.

I think you go Sim Lim Square get CCTV. Call police see if they can step up patrol around your area.

lesnar88

Reaction score
How long they going to do this?

Its anybody's guess. Cos if a debtor can fall into the trap and keep paying, the AL will know this debtor is damn good.

Once debtor knows its wrong and stops paying, the AL will come harrass. This is to bring him back to the trap.

Once in a while will lock gate, splash paint to test the debtor. Already paid so much, sure got excess $$ to harass.

Jamie aka Ashley Ng

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I am also trying to talk some sense into him. Now his mentality still not stable.
I can understand his feelings, because I struggled for a while before telling my family and work place too for fear of repercussions. But here's the thing : The ALs feed on our fear of embarrassment, fear of family members finding out, fear of harassment. If he doesn't do something to put a STOP to this, he will eventually be pressured into working for them.

There is NO EASY WAY OUT from an AL money lending trap. Either keep paying, which is the second most stupidest thing to do, or stop paying, go to the police, inform family members, inform work place, change phone numbers and endure the harassment.

Look at all of us who have made through it or are making through it. We all started by making a police report and letting our family and work place (or whoever's contact we gave them) know. Once we can clear the first hurdle, all this AL harassment will be meaningless because they cannot gain leverage over us any longer. We will be released from their control and what's the most they can do now that our family and work place are on our side? Splash paint? Go ahead, can clean up. Burn door? Go ahead, can change door. It is much much MUCH better than paying their stupid defer fees and being extorted by them time and time again.

He needs to clear his mental hurdle before he can do any of these. If he is comfortable and needs someone to talk after reading the whole thread thrice over, we can connect on WeChat or something and can talk anonymously. Let's help him through this.

Sent from Sometimes A.K.A Jimmy using GAGT

lesnar88

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I am also trying to talk some sense into him. Now his mentality still not stable.

Not easy. Your whole body can go numb. But really need to take the first step. If not how long he want to stay on the hamster wheel?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Pay until $5k+

$5k - $2k = $3k for the AL to play with harassment. They just need to find a few willing debtors bodoh enough to splash paint.

I think you go Sim Lim Square get CCTV. Call police see if they can step up patrol around your area.

They should take 3k go enjoy

Aphazel

Reaction score
Need advise.. I ever tried apply loan thru watsapp from this moneylender as i was desperate. Gave them my particulars even home number. But when they said can only offer weekly loan i decided not to take. Then few weeks later they watsapp me asking me how i am and that time i was warded. All of a sudden they showed me a screenshot of bank transfer $400 to my account. I was shocked told them i never requested any loan why transfer?? The fella said boss pitye cause i was warded. Told them no need so i wanted to transfer back the $400 he said cannot as that account belongs to customer. As i was worried they might disturb my family past 2 weeks been transferring $200 as defer instead of $600 as full settlement. Any advise from all of you? What should i do?

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
Need advise.. I ever tried apply loan thru watsapp from this moneylender as i was desperate. Gave them my particulars even home number. But when they said can only offer weekly loan i decided not to take. Then few weeks later they watsapp me asking me how i am and that time i was warded. All of a sudden they showed me a screenshot of bank transfer $400 to my account. I was shocked told them i never requested any loan why transfer?? The fella said boss pitye cause i was warded. Told them no need so i wanted to transfer back the $400 he said cannot as that account belongs to customer. As i was worried they might disturb my family past 2 weeks been transferring $200 as defer instead of $600 as full settlement. Any advise from all of you? What should i do?

Should just transfer back the $400 back to the same account and do a transfer money screen shot back. They don’t bother what u wish for why should u care.

Jamie aka Ashley Ng

Reaction score
Tell them you never agree to the loan in the first place. And if they insist you keep paying them, you just go report the bank account

khunjuno

Reaction score

Welcome to the trap. That's how they force loans on you without your consent. They'll just say you applied for a loan before, so now suka suka they will just transfer to you.

Anyway, you're pretty much stuck. Pay them and they'll harass you, don't pay them and they'll still harass you. My suggestion is just go to the police. As you already experience, past 2 weeks they have been asking you to defer instead of full settlement. Common excuses are:

1) No account
2) Never inform 1 day before
3) Company policy must defer 5-20x before can clear loan.

Basically, they're trapping you already. Just go report to the police, and prepare for harassment.

lesnar88

Reaction score

Look.. they do a FORCED transfer coz they are desperate for borrowers to fund their business.

Take the money. Stop paying. Report police. Block all incoming numbers. The harassment pay no pay confirm come. Just read this thread from page 1 you will understand

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Look.. they do a FORCED transfer coz they are desperate for borrowers to fund their business.

Take the money. Stop paying. Report police. Block all incoming numbers. The harassment pay no pay confirm come. Just read this thread from page 1 you will understand
Take the money go do some charity.block those ****ers and let them kena fk by their boss

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Welcome to the trap. That's how they force loans on you without your consent. They'll just say you applied for a loan before, so now suka suka they will just transfer to you.

Anyway, you're pretty much stuck. Pay them and they'll harass you, don't pay them and they'll still harass you. My suggestion is just go to the police. As you already experience, past 2 weeks they have been asking you to defer instead of full settlement. Common excuses are:

1) No account
2) Never inform 1 day before
3) Company policy must defer 5-20x before can clear loan.

Basically, they're trapping you already. Just go report to the police, and prepare for harassment.

My IO just informed me they caught another one.the one that send love letter..wag Singapore police force really got work one ah..last time I always thought they relax in office only

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
My IO just informed me they caught another one.the one that send love letter..wag Singapore police force really got work one ah..last time I always thought they relax in office only

Why those people still work for AL ?
The penalty very harsh leh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.