Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

hlw8888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i juz opened this maxigain acct last week at the main branch. may i know my monthly increment of money to this acct shld start this month or next month onwards? thks.

this month is count as counter 0, right?

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i juz opened this maxigain acct last week at the main branch. may i know my monthly increment of money to this acct shld start this month or next month onwards? thks.

this month is count as counter 0, right?

1 cent more also counted....

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why need incremental deposit every month ? Just place min 15000 and let it roll. Counter will increase even if no added deposit. Just don't withdraw more than interest for that month.

Last edited:

blue_denim24

Reaction score
Hello,

I just wanted to check, whether the counter perpetually stays at 12 once your account is one year old and your ensured that you never took a dollar out i.e. after depositing 15K when you opened the account.

Which would mean that after an year can I just use it as normal bank account where I can deposit / withdraw any amount I want and I would earn 2.4 (1.2+1.2) as yearly interest (credited monthly) based on the ADB.?

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just wanted to check, whether the counter perpetually stays at 12 once your account is one year old and your ensured that you never took a dollar out i.e. after depositing 15K when you opened the account.

Which would mean that after an year can I just use it as normal bank account where I can deposit / withdraw any amount I want and I would earn 2.4 (1.2+1.2) as yearly interest (credited monthly) based on the ADB.?

I don't think the T&C are that difficult to comprehend.

No. Even after you reach counter 12 - once your lowest amount this month is LOWER than your lowest amount last month, you drop to counter 6.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The answers are "No", and "No". And an additional answer to a question you didn't ask, "... bonus interest is *not* based on ADB"

Please read the Citi MaxiGain Account Terms & Conditions, and post again if you still have questions.

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
Ultimately u want to have 150k in maxigains for maximun interest exposure to 2.4%

Why need incremental deposit every month ? Just place min 15000 and let it roll. Counter will increase even if no added deposit. Just don't withdraw more than interest for that month.

guyz92

Reaction score
The 1 month SIBOR has been "stabilize" constantly at 1.50734 for almost the whole month of July 2018.

Hopefully the banks are not trying manipulate the SIBOR to their desirable range...

Gaddy23

Reaction score
Just opened my account. They were telling me that the minimum amount will increase to 70k starting from Nov. And he confirmed that the sibor rates are rising. They use the lowest rate for the month which was 1.4% last month. Should be 1.5% for Aug..

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow that bad news.

since rate r good for consumer they start to implement control. The early batch of members already earn enough of the good rate starting this year if they already hit the max counter each months interest should be more than 2%. So dumping in 70k to this account to me is till worth it if the interest maint.

Let wait till Nov for this news.

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score
Every time I open this thread, it is always the same few questions that r addressed in the t&c

So many ppl have reading difficulties?

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just opened my account. They were telling me that the minimum amount will increase to 70k starting from Nov. And he confirmed that the sibor rates are rising. They use the lowest rate for the month which was 1.4% last month. Should be 1.5% for Aug..
Nothing official, these are Jiak Wei only

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
wow that bad news.

since rate r good for consumer they start to implement control. The early batch of members already earn enough of the good rate starting this year if they already hit the max counter each months interest should be more than 2%. So dumping in 70k to this account to me is till worth it if the interest maint.

Let wait till Nov for this news.
Wa rumour restart again? Previously july 70k

Sent from Samsung SM-A520F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.