The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, my first Speedy Tuesday was slightly marred by my spotting that the chrono pushers on mine were slightly different in length. After various combinations of Googling for the cause, I found that "speedmaster pusher caps protruding" gave me the answer. Right now, my start/stop pusher is definitely problematic. From comparison to pictures, it's definitely more pushed in than usual, and after reading descriptions, I realize that it's loose and I can push it up further if I so desire. I'm not sure if there's any issue with the reset pusher, but it looks closer to what should be correct..

I guess I'll be dropping the watch off at Omega Service Centre to fix this issue, which relates to the screw within the case that attaches the pusher cap coming loose. Everything is functional, but most people's advice for this issue was to get it fixed before the pusher cap dropped off, or water resistance was compromised. On the bright side, thankfully my watch came with warranty, else I'd be contacting the seller now. :s13:

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Interestingly, my first Speedy Tuesday was slightly marred by my spotting that the chrono pushers on mine were slightly different in length. After various combinations of Googling for the cause, I found that "speedmaster pusher caps protruding" gave me the answer. Right now, my start/stop pusher is definitely problematic. From comparison to pictures, it's definitely more pushed in than usual, and after reading descriptions, I realize that it's loose and I can push it up further if I so desire. I'm not sure if there's any issue with the reset pusher, but it looks closer to what should be correct..

I guess I'll be dropping the watch off at Omega Service Centre to fix this issue, which relates to the screw within the case that attaches the pusher cap coming loose. Everything is functional, but most people's advice for this issue was to get it fixed before the pusher cap dropped off, or water resistance was compromised. On the bright side, thankfully my watch came with warranty, else I'd be contacting the seller now. :s13:

That's a bummer. I didn't even know there's this issue until you mentioned it. Luckily there's warranty and you get to have the watch looked at for any other potential niggles by Omega themselves. Hope you get it back soon to enjoy!

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing like the smell of rubber in the morning!

UMzuL7F.jpg

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's a bummer. I didn't even know there's this issue until you mentioned it. Luckily there's warranty and you get to have the watch looked at for any other potential niggles by Omega themselves. Hope you get it back soon to enjoy!
Thanks!

Hope to get it back before my holiday, not to bring along, but want to try the watch out on the new straps beforehand. :s13:

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
how to change strap without damaging the lugs bro

I have slight scratches on the underside of my lugs so I'm hardly the best person to dish out advice haha! But the best precaution is to tape up your lugs before letting your springbar tool anywhere near. I just find it to be too much of a hassle everytime I do a strap change, and that happens a lot in my case.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im fine with scratches, but dont want to actively cause any hahaha
Scratches are unavoidable after a certain point..

Tape is the way to minimize, but unwieldy as it can move around.

I often just use a plastic piece to push spring bars in, as it’s much less likely to scratch compared to metal on metal. For taking out the risk is much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.