HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who are interested to join the Aug cycle, below is what I had posted for July cycle and is still applicable to the Aug cycle as well.

A reminder that roadshow rewards starts tomorrow 2 Aug.

My intel is this:

New July cycle promotion is from 2 July - 31 Aug (2 month registration window).
Previous cycle was 3 month registration window.

promotional interest for 3 months :

a) 1.5% bonus interest for incremental, reference month June.

b) Debit spend requires $800 (previous $500). 0.8% bonus on first $100k.

c) Remit bonus requires min $500 remittance, no more $1 thingy. 0.7% bonus on first $100k.

htc_user

Reaction score
HSBC bonus rate is 1.5%, can check what is the base rate ? SCB E-saver is offering 1.6% for above 200K. Thanks.

Localborn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HSBC bonus rate is 1.5%, can check what is the base rate ? SCB E-saver is offering 1.6% for above 200K. Thanks.

Sure? Cos just 2 weeks ago i was told it's 1.45% for scb e-saver

Also is referral fee for hsbc $450?

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
June debit spend interest just credited :D
April to June cycle
Hi i plan to just put 200k in hsbc step up for 6mth. Does that mean that i should withdraw 200k in 6th mth and close account after getting all bonuses? Any min amount to hold in step up?

Sent from Samsung SM-P605 using GAGT

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
put 200k for 3mths to enjoy welcome reward of $400 (new to hsbc premier) and effective interest of about 1.55% for months of Aug, Sep and Oct.

Withdraw after u fulfill 90days from funding date and leave account balance zero.
u will get your bonus rewards (welcome reward) at about the 5th to 6th month of account opening.
Must not close account within 6 months but can leave zero balance.

If u spend $800/month on hsbc debit card, u will get about $66 of additional bonus interest per calendar month.

Today is last day of roadshow. If u sign up for premier during roadshow, u will get $250 Taka vouchers.

Additional details, pls see pm.

Hi i plan to just put 200k in hsbc step up for 6mth. Does that mean that i should withdraw 200k in 6th mth and close account after getting all bonuses? Any min amount to hold in step up?

Sent from Samsung SM-P605 using GAGT

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
put 200k for 3mths to enjoy welcome reward of $400 (new to hsbc premier) and effective interest of about 1.55% for months of Aug, Sep and Oct.

Withdraw after u fulfill 90days from funding date and leave account balance zero.
u will get your bonus rewards (welcome reward) at about the 5th to 6th month of account opening.
Must not close account within 6 months but can leave zero balance.

If u spend $800/month on hsbc debit card, u will get about $66 of additional bonus interest per calendar month.

Today is last day of roadshow. If u sign up for premier during roadshow, u will get $250 Taka vouchers.

Additional details, pls see pm.
wa thanks. im delaying this opening to sep or oct liao bro

rerear

Reaction score
is it time to put excess of 100k back to esaver with it now 1.6%? any others better without lock?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it time to put excess of 100k back to esaver with it now 1.6%? any others better without lock?

Any excess beyond $100k in hsbc, u will earn an effective interest of 1.6% with hsbc.

so really no difference from esaver except that esaver pays the bonus interest much earlier than hsbc, plus u diversify and sdic.

rerear

Reaction score
Seeing 1.5% from the printout from the officer during the sign-up in July though, has it changed since to 1.6%?

Any excess beyond $100k in hsbc, u will earn an effective interest of 1.6% with hsbc.

so really no difference from esaver except that esaver pays the bonus interest much earlier than hsbc, plus u diversify and sdic.

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seeing 1.5% from the printout from the officer during the sign-up in July though, has it changed since to 1.6%?

The 1.5% is Step Up Interest.
For Premier, there is a Base interest for 100k and above - 0.100%

https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2/personal/deposits/singapore-dollar-deposit-rates

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Realized personal account balance doesn't count towards joint account min bal. Kenna $50 charge today for my JA even though I have bal in personal account

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hsbc bonus interest is a pain, i like uob high yield and esavers more, last day of every mth more convenient

Realized personal account balance doesn't count towards joint account min bal. Kenna $50 charge today for my JA even though I have bal in personal account

yes they are mutually exclusive, RM can waive for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.