Guide to SPF Enlistment

Parmesean

Reaction score
We can't buy new uniform in emart?

Doesn't look like it at the moment, but give it time, I think they are still rolling out the new stuff and need time to implement it. For now, I suggest just indenting with the store

sacar101

Reaction score
Doesn't look like it at the moment, but give it time, I think they are still rolling out the new stuff and need time to implement it. For now, I suggest just indenting with the store

What store you mean?

We_Generation

Reaction score
For the OCC, you have to be the cream of the crop, meaning your shooting will not only need to get marksman, but also the maximum possible points, meaning every shot you shoot is within the target area.

Another thing is your ippt, also try and attain the maximum possible points.

Lastly, you need to be recommended by your Course Manager, and of course show leadership potential, if your Field Instructor decides to ask people from your squad to volunteer to be the Squad leader, you should be the first to volunteer.

Good news is now SPF is taking in more OCT candidate. To me no need to volunteer to do so many things so siao on. Squad leader sufficient, the rest just get high score naturally your course manager will recommend you for the interview then that's where you shine in the interview.

We_Generation

Reaction score
Really meh? But I got a friend from 171 intake with only Nitec cert but he got posted to GRF 'G' Division. This whole vocation thing is such a mystery...

Very very rare nitec people post to grf one you see your friend grf squad out of 10 8 is at least diploma or a level

-yinyang

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask! Sorry if it’s not!
But may I know how long is the programme on the day of enlistment for visitors? My brother will be enlisting at 8am hence by what time will guests be back to Pasir Ris?

Thank you so much for your help! Appreciate it !

Starbarks!

Reaction score
But may I know how long is the programme on the day of enlistment for visitors? My brother will be enlisting at 8am hence by what time will guests be back to Pasir Ris?

U are asking SPF peeps abt SAF event? Of cos wrong thread lah.. 😁

Parmesean

Reaction score

Based on what I've experienced, it really depends. But expect to be back by 1pm.

Acre45

Reaction score
Anyone able to give an insight on less fit training ? Like waking up /lights out timing ?? Kinda curious

Parmesean

Reaction score
Anyone able to give an insight on less fit training ? Like waking up /lights out timing ?? Kinda curious

Less fit training is actually quite relaxing, as for the first 8 weeks you will just be doing PT. No other programs should be planned for you. Lights out timing is dependent on your water parade timing, what time you finish. As for waking up, morning water parade is 5:30, might be a little different now.

Acre45

Reaction score
Less fit training is actually quite relaxing, as for the first 8 weeks you will just be doing PT. No other programs should be planned for you. Lights out timing is dependent on your water parade timing, what time you finish. As for waking up, morning water parade is 5:30, might be a little different now.
Thanks man, thats good to hear. Now i just gotta wait 12 more days :)

We_Generation

Reaction score

I heard quite xiong for the front part in the sense that there might be double PT session before lunch and after lunch. Basically you're just doing either PT or drills but your schedule won't be as packed as fit intake cause your course will be spread out

Parmesean

Reaction score
I heard quite xiong for the front part in the sense that there might be double PT session before lunch and after lunch. Basically you're just doing either PT or drills but your schedule won't be as packed as fit intake cause your course will be spread out

It's relaxing as you get a lot of free time, like after dinner it's free and easy until water parade.

sacar101

Reaction score
Now then I realise that old uniform name tag cannot use for the new uniform... And tomorrow is my annual shooting. :s22::s22::s22:

We_Generation

Reaction score
It's relaxing as you get a lot of free time, like after dinner it's free and easy until water parade.

That's true though. But you really get sick of the life in tracom. I came from fit intake and I really felt so sick of tracom towards the end. Really salute those less fit who managed to tahan all the way through. Some FI are really such a low life scum but there are really good and nice one too.

ConfusedMuch

Reaction score
Hey, I am actually enlisting in few days time under PTP batch. I would just like to know, the civilian clothes is = sleeping wear? If so, then sleeping wear recommended to wear shorts / long pants? For the day activities, don't need bring any clothings right?

Acre45

Reaction score
Hey, I am actually enlisting in few days time under PTP batch. I would just like to know, the civilian clothes is = sleeping wear? If so, then sleeping wear recommended to wear shorts / long pants? For the day activities, don't need bring any clothings right?
By any chance are you enlisting on the 14th (Tuesday) ?

howtoroll

Reaction score

Yes. Basically, u will be wearing your civilian attire for the first 1 and a half day of your confinement week. Try to bring extra civilian clothes (2-3pcs) as u will only be getting your attire the next day. If the police attire does not fit your size, u will have to wait another day to change it. I would recommend u to wear long pants for sleeping as it can get really cold at night...

Last edited:

ConfusedMuch

Reaction score
Yes. Basically, u will be wearing your civilian attire for the first 1 and a half day of your confinement week. Try to bring extra civilian clothes (2-3pcs) as u will only be getting your attire the next day. If the police attire does not fit your size, u will have to wait another day to change it. I would recommend u to wear long pants for sleeping as it can get really cold at night...

Thanks a lot! So for civilian attire, must it be long pants or can be bermudas/ pe shorts etc. ? Also shirt wise can be dri-fit tee right? Any banned colours/ etc?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.