SUSS Part time 2018/07 intake

The_Gamer

Reaction score
Answering a query

Hey there everybody.

Have a quick question if anyone could help me answer it. Called the SUSS hotline and the person on the other was very cryptic about it.

So i have a private diploma in business admin from PSB and have been working both abroad and Singapore in both the finance and hr field. I have been looking to apply for the Psychology degree bsc since it would further enhance my career moving forward.

So coming to my question, anyone who has a private diploma successfully entered and Suss course and how was the process like , was it different from the norm?

Cheers

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Did they reveal the reason for rejection? So if you apply for another course do U need to pay the $60 registration fee again?

Hi everyone.

I got rejected for part time counselling almost instantly during the interview haha the next day suss emailed me to consider applying for another course instead. Has this happened to anyone?

Background: Graduated frm local poly average GPA
Working experience in hosp for 3 years

Jameschua003

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I got rejected for part time counselling almost instantly during the interview haha the next day suss emailed me to consider applying for another course instead. Has this happened to anyone?

Background: Graduated frm local poly average GPA
Working experience in hosp for 3 years

What’s your field of work? And your diploma course of study?

intime

Reaction score
Mass Comm. Refer to my previous reply 😁

Maybe you can try take some individual counselling modules as a SUSS CET student, score well. Then apply for counselling degree again, with that suss transcipt.

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup! But SUSS is offering me to choose another degree instead. So I was a bit confused about that part 😖😖😖
If the person that interviewed you is a veteran in the field, and read the essay you wrote, could it be possible maybe he/she knows enough about the field to know the odds you will face with your profile? Maybe you can try talk to more people that are already working in the field to get their opinion...

Shadowdread

Reaction score
Anyone taking ICT 209/210 before. Can sent me your TMA to look through the solution for better understanding. Thank you

orinyori

Reaction score
I took max module + 1 uCore.. Anyone know is it really possible to complete the degree in 3 years?

It is possible. I’ve seen seniors who have done so. Personally, I entered the program in the Jan 2017 semester and I have completed 70CUs already (I finished all my ucores in 2017 and max core for all semesters). I’m still taking max core now so I’m on the way to completing the basic degree (130cu) in 3 years too. All the best!

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
I took max module + 1 uCore.. Anyone know is it really possible to complete the degree in 3 years?

ya can,provided u understand all the cores and pass all the way.if not no point if take 4 and end up fail 2 or 3 and only pass 1lol

zeniith

Reaction score
It is possible. I’ve seen seniors who have done so. Personally, I entered the program in the Jan 2017 semester and I have completed 70CUs already (I finished all my ucores in 2017 and max core for all semesters). I’m still taking max core now so I’m on the way to completing the basic degree (130cu) in 3 years too. All the best!

Do degree electives count into the 20 CU limit?

orinyori

Reaction score
Do degree electives count into the 20 CU limit?

Yes, they do.
For 130cu programs, 120cu would be core modules consisting of compulsory modules and electives) and 10cu would be ucores.

So the limit you can take would be 20cu of new cores + 5cu of ucore.
I haven’t had resits and repeats so I’m not sure about the limit for them.

Hope this helps!

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, they do.
For 130cu programs, 120cu would be core modules consisting of compulsory modules and electives) and 10cu would be ucores.

Hope this helps!
for resits,i got friend take 2 new resit, 4 new core. so total 6 exams.lol, provided the dates dont clash,they will let u take and got one resit is 7pm and another paper at 230 to 430 on the same day

zeniith

Reaction score
Yes, they do.

Hope this helps!

Thanks alot! Can the final semester project module be taken with other modules or must it be taken alone in the semester?

papermint

Reaction score
I took 107 and 105 too! Have you post your intro in the discussion thread for 105?

Yep I've posted :) also posted learning journal. So far for my group, less than half have posted intro and only a handful posted journal. Think participation will steadily increase by Friday XD

orinyori

Reaction score
Thanks alot! Can the final semester project module be taken with other modules or must it be taken alone in the semester?

For this, I would recommend you contact your head of program. You would be allowed to take other modules with it but the HOP may give u a better recommendation of how many modules should you take. For example, for psy capstone, the second half would be more hectic so they would recommend u take more modules for the first half and less modules for the second half.

Ronawong

Reaction score
BUS 205 Time Table

Hi

As I am resiting for BUS205 module, is there anyone who is kind enough to share their timetable with me? Please PM me ><"

Thanks!

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Asking around if anyone facing any problem with the textbooks/studying guide ordering? Already paid but items still not received till date. It has been more than the 14 days.

orinyori

Reaction score
Hi!

Asking around if anyone facing any problem with the textbooks/studying guide ordering? Already paid but items still not received till date. It has been more than the 14 days.

Could be a stock issue? You can email them to check. I placed an order for a textbook on 5 July and I got the textbook on 12 July.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.