Malaysia prepaid card

chiusk

Reaction score
DiGi won't be anything like U Mobile, and it's the most popular in Johor. Just look at the number of dealers all over the place. :)

I ditched UM a long while back and never looked back coz I just see more complaints from the Malaysians.
great advise!
will ditch UM n buy Digi, read it's also good for highway to KL too

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OneXOX users who use more data than calls

Today's Season Pass Happy Hour Extra

10GB + 2GB + 100 mins for RM50

:)

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
How is OneXOX signal in malaysia. Mostly only going to Johor and Melaka area usually.

Are we able to purchase the Sim from the website and deliver straight to our house in SG?

Edit: Looks like we can't buy direct from OneXOX unless we are malaysian or student/working there?

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is OneXOX signal in malaysia. Mostly only going to Johor and Melaka area usually.

Are we able to purchase the Sim from the website and deliver straight to our house in SG?

Edit: Looks like we can't buy direct from OneXOX unless we are malaysian or student/working there?

OneXOX signal is generally alright.

Read back the last few pages here. I've mentioned to someone else that there are a couple of dealers here in the Travel Bazaar, plus some other discussions IIRC. Someone else shared too, that he found a dealer in the building of Giant Nusa Bestari, though not sure if they're still there.

I'm not sure about buying direct from OneXOX... don't think they'll send here, anyway.

kitkat2

Reaction score
looks like tunetalk's port in promo that was supposed to end by july 31 has been extended till further notice :)

RS3qeLp.jpg

Villas-Boas

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reached JB by bus around 9.30 pm last Friday, the pushcart shops and 7-11 at JB Sentral said they cannot sell the prepaid card at night after certain timing because they cannot do the registration. I needed internet to book a Grab ride to Sutera area ( RM$17 ) and sadly could not find wifi at City Square or Komtar JBCC. So no choice, took one of the taxi lined outside Komtar, trip was around RM$25.

So fast forward, in KL on Saturday night, Bukit Bintang, Alor Street, I was still determined to get a prepaid card for convenience sake. Encountered make shift stalls that are selling starter pack for higher prices. I know how much is each telco's starter pack price as I saved it on my phone so I just refuse to buy anything for RM$15.00 -RM$18.50 when it cost only RM$8.00 - RM8.50.

Found a convenience store ( forgot is it 7-11 or the other one ) which carries U Mobile cards. The cashier said I have to buy the RM$18.50 if I want data ( 200 MB only ) and if i get the RM$8.50 starter pack - it does not come with any data.

Seriously, if I didn't know better, I would have paid RM$18.50. But luckily I have bought the RM$8.50 pack before in KSL in May and know it comes with a bundled 200MB data.

This is the kind of gimmick that one may encounter if they are not familiar with the prices... I refuse to pay extra $10 for the starter pack and told the guy I wanted my prepaid card without data at the published price on the pack.

When I insert the card into my phone and opened up the umobile app to check, it has data contrary to what the guy claimed.

BTW, for short trips of 1-3 days, U Mobile has promotions at Tesco, selling starter packs for only RM3! ( my cousins snapped 4 packs when they were in KSL JB )

Starter Packs RRP ( As of 29 July 2018 )
Celcom - Xpax RM$10
Maxis - Hotlink RM$10
Digi Prepaid Live RM$8
U Mobile RM$8.50

My trip ended up being 5 days, so my U Mobile 200 MB data and credit were all used up. Bought Xpax from the official Celcom store in NU Sentral, Lvl 2 ( KL Sentral ). Should have bought Xpax from Day 1 if I could since I can choose either 10GB Facebook or 10GB Instagram freebies. I think that's great for instagram heavy users like me.
May I know which shop in KSL or City Square can be trusted to buy the 8.50 one?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

wolfie2010

Reaction score
May I know which shop in KSL or City Square can be trusted to buy the 8.50 one?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

Buy from KSL Tesco at the basement - U Mobile cards will be at the staff counter ( and cashiers too )

With Tesco member card, you can even buy it at RM$3 instead of RM$8.50 with any Tesco purchase.

Villas-Boas

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy from KSL Tesco at the basement - U Mobile cards will be at the staff counter ( and cashiers too )

With Tesco member card, you can even buy it at RM$3 instead of RM$8.50 with any Tesco purchase.

Thank you so much. Will head there and try. :s12::s12:

hg_wng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going for a day trip. Is the 8rm digi marked up at city square branch? If so then I should just get the 10rm Hotlink instead right?

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do people normally do for internet connection for day trips into JB?

Only for whatsapp and maps.

The cheap way is to get any Malaysia sim with data. The easy way is to get roaming sim from any local Telco like starhub happy roam and then select the plan you want.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reached JB by bus around 9.30 pm last Friday, the pushcart shops and 7-11 at JB Sentral said they cannot sell the prepaid card at night after certain timing because they cannot do the registration. I needed internet to book a Grab ride to Sutera area ( RM$17 ) and sadly could not find wifi at City Square or Komtar JBCC. So no choice, took one of the taxi lined outside Komtar, trip was around RM$25.

So fast forward, in KL on Saturday night, Bukit Bintang, Alor Street, I was still determined to get a prepaid card for convenience sake. Encountered make shift stalls that are selling starter pack for higher prices. I know how much is each telco's starter pack price as I saved it on my phone so I just refuse to buy anything for RM$15.00 -RM$18.50 when it cost only RM$8.00 - RM8.50.

Found a convenience store ( forgot is it 7-11 or the other one ) which carries U Mobile cards.The cashier said I have to buy the RM$18.50 if I want data ( 200 MB only ) and if i get the RM$8.50 starter pack - it does not come with any data.

Seriously, if I didn't know better, I would have paid RM$18.50. But luckily I have bought the RM$8.50 pack before in KSL in May and know it comes with a bundled 200MB data.

This is the kind of gimmick that one may encounter if they are not familiar with the prices... I refuse to pay extra $10 for the starter pack and told the guy I wanted my prepaid card without data at the published price on the pack.

When I insert the card into my phone and opened up the umobile app to check, it has data contrary to what the guy claimed.

BTW, for short trips of 1-3 days, U Mobile has promotions at Tesco, selling starter packs for only RM3! ( my cousins snapped 4 packs when they were in KSL JB )

Starter Packs RRP ( As of 29 July 2018 )
Celcom - Xpax RM$10
Maxis - Hotlink RM$10
Digi Prepaid Live RM$8
U Mobile RM$8.50

My trip ended up being 5 days, so my U Mobile 200 MB data and credit were all used up. Bought Xpax from the official Celcom store in NU Sentral, Lvl 2 ( KL Sentral ). Should have bought Xpax from Day 1 if I could since I can choose either 10GB Facebook or 10GB Instagram freebies. I think that's great for instagram heavy users like me.

Can i know did they ask for your passport when you purchase the U Mobile RM8.50 SIM Card?

ur cousin bought 4 packs of these? - don't they come with expiry dates?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.