Xiaomi MIPAD 4

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow... any idea what the pricing history of MiPads are like? Do they drop in price later on in the model life? Cos I'm hoping to grab a LTE 64GB model at less than $300...
They don't generally drop price. I still rmb the mi pad 2 and 3 staying near $300 even though the next gen got released. Then it just disappeared but no price drop.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
China banned VPN. So may be this could be the reason why it does not work. Just speculating.

The ban is at the provider side, shouldn't affect the device right? The device just installs the app and looks for the preset servers... VPN won't work if there are no accessible servers from the user side... so the tablet should work with any VPN outside of China mah... at least that's how I understand the VPN ban to work in China...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mipad is not a mainstream product like mobile phone. I have not seen dastric price drop at least in Spore because I dun think sellers bring large quantity into our market.

You are more probable to get a lower price because of discount coupon from online platform like Lazada or Q0010 rather than a drop in price of the product itself.

I see... so must wait for coupons lar... anyway I'm after the LTE model... at present still rarer than a Blue Moon... so just wait patiently...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They don't generally drop price. I still rmb the mi pad 2 and 3 staying near $300 even though the next gen got released. Then it just disappeared but no price drop.

Oh... hmmm... if the LTE model is below $300 I'll be a happy camper already...

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4k video on the mi pad 4 using open camera. Same front and back camera as the Redmi Note 4x
y9c5oWLl.png

5wcAkysl.png

Sent from Xiaomi MI PAD 4 using GAGT

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter right... usually we don't use tablets to take photos... unless one intends to use this tablet as a phone...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah don't really matter much. Tried taking some pics and it's quite decent. Better than the average tablet camera.

Nice bro... yours is the Wifi version right? I'm still casting around for an 8.0 inch replacement for my Sony Xperia Tablet Z 10.1 inch... saw someone else suggest Huawei Mediapad M5... a bit torn... hahaha... pricing probably comes out tops in the end...

What's your experience with the MiPad 4 so far? I got a bit scared with Xiaomi stuff when I got the first Redmi and played with it, and found that it has compatibility issues on Google Playstore... that was using a China ROM, got the phone from one of those shops in SLS... Huawei uses their Kirin SoC.. heard also got compatibility issues with some apps in the Google Playstore... really don't want to spend double or more for a Samsung...

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice bro... yours is the Wifi version right? I'm still casting around for an 8.0 inch replacement for my Sony Xperia Tablet Z 10.1 inch... saw someone else suggest Huawei Mediapad M5... a bit torn... hahaha... pricing probably comes out tops in the end...

What's your experience with the MiPad 4 so far? I got a bit scared with Xiaomi stuff when I got the first Redmi and played with it, and found that it has compatibility issues on Google Playstore... that was using a China ROM, got the phone from one of those shops in SLS... Huawei uses their Kirin SoC.. heard also got compatibility issues with some apps in the Google Playstore... really don't want to spend double or more for a Samsung...
Yep mine is wifi only. I was looking at the m5 too but if I'm paying that much for a tablet, might as well get an iPad :s13:

Yes mine on China rom have some compatibility issues with apps like PUBG Mobile. I had to sideload the apk because it won't install from the play store(some error during download). Have to wait for global rom(if there is one in the future). I'm still waiting for my unlock permission because I've unlocked my Redmi Note 5 Pro recently and there's this 30 days cool down period.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep mine is wifi only. I was looking at the m5 too but if I'm paying that much for a tablet, might as well get an iPad :s13:

Yes mine on China rom have some compatibility issues with apps like PUBG Mobile. I had to sideload the apk because it won't install from the play store(some error during download). Have to wait for global rom(if there is one in the future). I'm still waiting for my unlock permission because I've unlocked my Redmi Note 5 Pro recently and there's this 30 days cool down period.

Ah... I see... so the app was available to download, but it refused to download is it? This is exactly like those China tablets that I used to buy and got super frustrated by cos either this happened, or the apps would say that the device I was using is not listed and hence the app is not compatible with the device...

Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about - this unlock permission thing... what does it do? And why do you need to unlock? Are you talking about unlocking the bootloader?

Gadgetry.SG

Reaction score

I kinda doubt there will be global rom.. so far no news of it being officially released to other countries..

I think gotta wait for custom roms instead

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah... I see... so the app was available to download, but it refused to download is it? This is exactly like those China tablets that I used to buy and got super frustrated by cos either this happened, or the apps would say that the device I was using is not listed and hence the app is not compatible with the device...

Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about - this unlock permission thing... what does it do? And why do you need to unlock? Are you talking about unlocking the bootloader?
Yeah can see the app, can press install but download halfway will have error. Unlocking bootloader is to flash it to global rom in the future.

I kinda doubt there will be global rom.. so far no news of it being officially released to other countries..

Hahaha I would flash to lineage if there is 1 available.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah can see the app, can press install but download halfway will have error. Unlocking bootloader is to flash it to global rom in the future.

Hahaha I would flash to lineage if there is 1 available.

Yeah I have been seeing mention of custom ROMs... my only concern is if these ROMs are stable and the full functionality of the tablet is possible? I'm not quite interested in flashing new ROMs... don't mind using the China ROM cos there's English... just concerned about the apps...

I went on the MIUI forum and the review there mentioned the use of PUBG, there was no mention of any downloading errors though... the user is from Philippines... sometimes updating the Google Playstore or ROM helped... but it's not always the case... just a bit worried lar... don't want to buy and then can't really use the app that I need...

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Google services are lacking permission. You may want to go into Setting and go the Permission. Look for the few googles app and give them more permission. I dun know which one worked. I just give them all permission.

Yeah can see the app, can press install but download halfway will have error.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If remember correctly, Mi PAD 3 also no Global rom?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.