Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
where to buy cheap ventolin inhaler~?

It's RM22.50 at Apex pharmacy. My Caring RM22.

found it at KSL mall, IJ Pharmacy for RM22 also~ :s22:

ventolin01.jpg

ventolin03.jpg

Villas-Boas

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than the Curry fish head near custom, anymore good food around city square or KSL that is worth trying? I heard there is a better bak kut teh than the one opposite KSL right?

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than the Curry fish head near custom, anymore good food around city square or KSL that is worth trying? I heard there is a better bak kut teh than the one opposite KSL right?
BKT opposite KSL is quite bad, only for people who never tried before then go one. Regulars avoid the place de.

Fish head curry at Kam Long is okay because it's relatively cheap compared to SG ones, but not super spectacular. Botak Assam Fish Head is pretty good but expensive.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wa liew, dun go for the kam long curry fish head lah, so watery and they claim its the best in JB zzz... even the chong pang one is 100X better , think JB's curry all watery... their laska also same... maybe they like it healthy so add water to make it bland :s13:

i feel the pricing is not really justifiable for the quality... lucky tat time i went got no queue... but wont be visiting again...

so far the more flavourful type of BKT i tried in JB is this Restoran Shoon Huat 順発肉骨茶 :
https://www.google.com/maps?cid=2507731601753531442

but i still prefer their pig trotter vineger...

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the curry fish head my uncles also said not nice at all, lucky everytime I wanna try the queue is so long :s13:

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
unless you are a naive singaporean who like to get your carrot head chopped, then go eat at the KSL BKT. That place has evolved into a overpriced hype by ignorant singaporeans who eat there. You will rarely see any locals eating there

https://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2018/04/tried-tasted-johor-bak-kut-teh-lovers.html

https://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2017/08/top-curry-fish-head-in-johor-jb-that.html

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
unless you are a naive singaporean who like to get your carrot head chopped, then go eat at the KSL BKT. That place has evolved into a overpriced hype by ignorant singaporeans who eat there. You will rarely see any locals eating there

https://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2018/04/tried-tasted-johor-bak-kut-teh-lovers.html

https://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2017/08/top-curry-fish-head-in-johor-jb-that.html
Give chance la some peoppe first time going don't dare venture out ma. :s13:

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"nothing ventured = nothing gained" my advice for those who are "scared of jb" is don't go. want to go then don't scared.

got a friend just went in to KSL with his wife a few weeks ago, i advised him against that BKT stall, end up paying 90+RM for 2 pax because his wife heard her colleagues say that place is good. I ask him how u order for 2 people, he say BKT for 2 add enoki mushroom, salted veggies, you char kuei, and trotters plus 2 rice and 2 drinks.

really is carrot head that place.

Give chance la some peoppe first time going don't dare venture out ma. :s13:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"nothing ventured = nothing gained" my advice for those who are "scared of jb" is don't go. want to go then don't scared.

got a friend just went in to KSL with his wife a few weeks ago, i advised him against that BKT stall, end up paying 90+RM for 2 pax because his wife heard her colleagues say that place is good. I ask him how u order for 2 people, he say BKT for 2 add enoki mushroom, salted veggies, you char kuei, and trotters plus 2 rice and 2 drinks.

really is carrot head that place.
:s13:

I have friends whom say they have "seen it all in JB". Asked them where they go, they say KSL and City Square, eat Din Tai Fung. I arm chio.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
really is hopeless. They must be those that go overseas with tour groups and eat at chinese resturants when overseas.

:s13:

I have friends whom say they have "seen it all in JB". Asked them where they go, they say KSL and City Square, eat Din Tai Fung. I arm chio.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Aaagogo

Is the Meldrum Walk night food street stalls open on Mondays?

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
overall stalls ~60% closed, 40% open. Weekends are their busiest days so most stalls usually take Mondays and Tuesdays off

for oyster omlette, check their fb page

Mondays better choice to go to KSL to makan at the pasar malam.

@Aaagogo

Is the Meldrum Walk night food street stalls open on Mondays?

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
overall stalls ~60% closed, 40% open. Weekends are their busiest days so most stalls usually take Mondays and Tuesdays off

for oyster omlette, check their fb page

Mondays better choice to go to KSL to makan at the pasar malam.
Tks..then I guess I'll go Meldrun Walk on a Wednesday, but not next week coz got public holiday..22nd also public holiday..alamak..2 weeks gone liao. :(

Next Monday go KSL pasar malam. :)

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suggest picking the day when oyster omelette got open.

Tks..then I guess I'll go Meldrun Walk on a Wednesday, but not next week coz got public holiday..22nd also public holiday..alamak..2 weeks gone liao. :(

Next Monday go KSL pasar malam. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.