Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

cw3007

Reaction score
Yesterday, after being quiet for at least 2 weeks, i received a letter via post and said that his boss only wants his money back. Call this number if you dont want your name posted on atm machines. The letter was posted from Johor Bahru. Only shows they are not in Singapore.

Then yesterday too, they called my boss to say I owe them money. The boss knows all about this money lending thing so he just say i no longer work there.

I still say best option is block all numbers and dont answer unknown callers. And be vigilant.

U can give any reason to yr coy saying that is a scam. If u r a hardworking guy in the coy yr coy will not sack u just becos of a phone call. Our singhealth bio data kena hacked and those data can be use against us. Where we stay and our tel no. all hacked.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Yesterday, after being quiet for at least 2 weeks, i received a letter via post and said that his boss only wants his money back. Call this number if you dont want your name posted on atm machines. The letter was posted from Johor Bahru. Only shows they are not in Singapore.

Then yesterday too, they called my boss to say I owe them money. The boss knows all about this money lending thing so he just say i no longer work there.

I still say best option is block all numbers and dont answer unknown callers. And be vigilant.

They posted to your home address? Is the house under your own name?

cw3007

Reaction score
Do you know that one limb chop from rich buisness man only cost $400 in malaysia right now. Singapore is safe and nobody dare to do this. The most they use here r shaming method. Tell yr loved one yr mistake n ask for forgiveness and report police and get cctv if require. Your battle almost won.

Ghie0908

Reaction score
U can give any reason to yr coy saying that is a scam. If u r a hardworking guy in the coy yr coy will not sack u just becos of a phone call. Our singhealth bio data kena hacked and those data can be use against us. Where we stay and our tel no. all hacked.

My boss is one understanding guy and he also understands that I made a mistake and he is willing to help me through it. And before this broke out, i came clean and told him the whole scenario and with a sincere promise that I will never do this again.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They finally wake up their mind. The are no longer can milk obedient Singaporean. Now want to cut loses. Remind me the AL play out by the girl name Kym. AL begging like dog when met fierce Singaporean.
The link below. Have a good laugh.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...-what-happens-next-is-more-epic-than-tv-drama

cw3007

Reaction score
They finally wake up their mind. The are no longer can milk obedient Singaporean. Now want to cut loses. Remind me the AL play out by the girl name Kym. AL begging like dog when met fierce Singaporean.
The link below. Have a good laugh.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...-what-happens-next-is-more-epic-than-tv-drama

If u dare, shout at them if they shout at you. Tell them if u r man come out for kopi face to face. But the best is just change your tel no. and ignore them. Dont waste your energy on these LS.

25chic

Reaction score
If LML is doing non ethical things rest assured their licence will not be aporove to operate. Who approve their licence it is the singapore gov. If you need help to renegiotate yr installment plan with LML i can give u the contact. But please do not let the interest rate run wild before you seek help

Could you share with me the contact to nego with LML? I managed to nego with 1 but the other 2 are not budging.

25chic

Reaction score
They come to my door i just smile and take the letter of demand.

Any idea what happens after the LML escalates to debt collector? How soon will they get in touch with you? Call first or straightaway appear at your house or office?

25chic

Reaction score
Concentrate on things what u can control now. Do not worry about things that u cant control n start worrying things that might not happen. Seek help asap and u will be suprise there r people waiting to help you to get out of your situation.

Thanks....you seems well-versed in this. Care to share what you’ve gone thru?

25chic

Reaction score
Don't shake lol. This is just another tactic the AL checking back on all his debtors. To see who reply, who bites back. Just stay low profile, block the number, pass this info to your IO. Ask if can step up patrol. You need morale boasting, read the whole thread again or go YouTube listen those motivational videos.

Not only shake, even woke up from sleep after seeing O$P$. I think I need pyschiatric help soon. My IO is so quiet.....havent even contacted me. Am goin to NPP again today.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Not only shake, even woke up from sleep after seeing O$P$. I think I need pyschiatric help soon. My IO is so quiet.....havent even contacted me. Am goin to NPP again today.
Your io can't doing anything much unless act of harassment has been commit

cw3007

Reaction score
Thanks....you seems well-versed in this. Care to share what you’ve gone thru?

Personally i went thru one AL case. Out of ignorance i thot is lMl. I told them i do not want the $$$ and they bank in anyway. I told my wife immediately n next call police. For 1 week b4 i make the first payment i did not reply to them they start to get anxious calling me and hi here n there to see the watapps was block but i refuse to answer or reply becos the due date is not up. The more u want to talk to them the more they know u r scare so i play reverse physcology. After 1 week, they call me n i told them u just want money i send over. Ask them dont shout at me n i told them dont hide behind come n lim kopi with me. Ask me talk chinese i purposely talk hokkien. Once sent they still say i owe them but i block them immediately. Never heard from them anymore. The reason i returm them because that $$$ not belong to me. So after 1 payment i block. Dont feed them with yr hard earn money use it for yr family.It is a mind game.

Last edited:

Khai82

Reaction score
Any idea what happens after the LML escalates to debt collector? How soon will they get in touch with you? Call first or straightaway appear at your house or office?

Depends.If u totally off yr phone they will come on the date due itself or depends on yr relationship with them.

Khai82

Reaction score

Dont be afraid of them.Instead just ignore the call.Make it a habit of any convo is other than verbal.Just drop them a text u a in financial trouble and unable to pay at the moment but still committed to make payment.If they come and surely they will, dont talk to the debt collector.Just take the letter of demand and smile.I suggest u seek help from available organisation to help u with this.It works for me.Till to the extend the LML itself ask me when i can pay.We have rules practice yr rights.

Aphazel

Reaction score
If you already facing installment plan issue with LML u better get help fast else yr interest will be running high. If arise 2care can help u quickly go. I have other source who can help u to negiotate with the LML.

Can pm me the organisation contact?

Aphazel

Reaction score
Just now received sms from the same hp number. Stating His company name and the loan amount they can offer. Got 2 version 1 in english the other in chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.