Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

25chic

Reaction score
Just now received sms from the same hp number. Stating His company name and the loan amount they can offer. Got 2 version 1 in english the other in chinese.

Yes, they will still try their luck to see if you’re in desperate need of cash and if you’re still contactable. Usually, they from same stall....thats why they will always promote on days you’re due to pay or when you stop paying.

25chic

Reaction score
Dont be afraid of them.Instead just ignore the call.Make it a habit of any convo is other than verbal.Just drop them a text u a in financial trouble and unable to pay at the moment but still committed to make payment.If they come and surely they will, dont talk to the debt collector.Just take the letter of demand and smile.I suggest u seek help from available organisation to help u with this.It works for me.Till to the extend the LML itself ask me when i can pay.We have rules practice yr rights.

Thanks, I’ve been texting 1 LML but no reply. They didnt chase too...and my strong instinct is they’re the ones who might have sold my number to UML. After I took from them, I started receiving AL adverts.

cw3007

Reaction score
Just now received sms from the same hp number. Stating His company name and the loan amount they can offer. Got 2 version 1 in english the other in chinese.

Ignore. If u check it is fake coy also. LML are not suppose to send by sms or text message. If u go to the lml website, u cannot find one. If do exist u can complsin to police n their licence will be in jeorpdize or fine

Headached

Reaction score
Thanks, I’ve been texting 1 LML but no reply. They didnt chase too...and my strong instinct is they’re the ones who might have sold my number to UML. After I took from them, I started receiving AL adverts.
Same kakis bro

cw3007

Reaction score

The UML n LML are linked. Once u r identified by them the LMK search engine will have yr names n they know u r a genuine desperate for money. All the sms will come in

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not only shake, even woke up from sleep after seeing O$P$. I think I need pyschiatric help soon. My IO is so quiet.....havent even contacted me. Am goin to NPP again today.
You also borrow from LML on top of ah long? You can't run from LML. They will meet you face to face unlike ah long. You have to pay up.

cw3007

Reaction score
I just made a police report. I was on the verge of breaking down and spoke to my boss. He told me to gather my courage to report police. Do not make payment to any AL. I have about 6 AL all in all. Now all sending me threatening messages with photos of my house. I already told my parents and we are prepared for them to come and splash. Now they are sending alot of threatening messages to me. Btw i am changing numbers for whole family. Is it okay? What should i be prepared for?

Concentrate on what u can do now. U already call police. And you have come clean with your family and boss. Bravo. Next to avoid all the text message which cause you fear change your tel. no. No text message no fear.

lesnar88

Reaction score
I just made a police report. I was on the verge of breaking down and spoke to my boss. He told me to gather my courage to report police. Do not make payment to any AL. I have about 6 AL all in all. Now all sending me threatening messages with photos of my house. I already told my parents and we are prepared for them to come and splash. Now they are sending alot of threatening messages to me. Btw i am changing numbers for whole family. Is it okay? What should i be prepared for?

Block all incoming numbers. Change your numbers. Give your boss and family a heads up so they stand by your side. Invest in CCTV. Report any harassment to police. Don't pay any AL. If you're still feeling anxiety, just read the whole thread. Just tahan the harassment and it will died. Mine has already given up

Given statistics in this whole forum, out of 50 harassment only 1 or 2 is splash paint and locked gate. The rest are just phone calls, SMS, WhatsApp, love letters via post.

Last edited:

khunjuno

Reaction score
i dont know how they got my personal photos. But he sent me a whatsapp before i changed number. With pictures of me and my family. Saying he will send to everyone in the vicinity. Or should i remain contactable so that i can delay?

They can get your personal photos easily from social media once they have your name and your phone number. Since you have already run your AL and made a police report, don't contact them anymore. There is no "delay" tactics with them, only endure their harassment. The more you maintain contact with them, the more they will continue to harass. Why would you want to do that?

Just make sure you have these things done:

1) Police report
2) Inform NOK and company
3) Buy and install a CCTV
4) Change your phone number if you cannot tahan their calls and messages

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
You also borrow from LML on top of ah long? You can't run from LML. They will meet you face to face unlike ah long. You have to pay up.
Lml hard to run la...they will send bright pink letter of demand and ask u pay up

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Total AMT how much

cw3007

Reaction score
i dont know how they got my personal photos. But he sent me a whatsapp before i changed number. With pictures of me and my family. Saying he will send to everyone in the vicinity. Or should i remain contactable so that i can delay?

Delay? Nothing to delay.You already make up your mind just do it. The more u read their text message the more fear u have. And these fear might not happen also. Focus and be singleminded.So i suggest you change your tel no.

Ztanjc

Reaction score
Delay? Nothing to delay.You already make up your mind just do it. The more u read their text message the more fear u have. And these fear might not happen also. Focus and be singleminded.So i suggest you change your tel no.
Have changed everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.